Godslayer Hilt trouble

WiseMan999

Chieftain
Hey all, I'm (obviously) playing AoI and I've just found the Godslayer Hilt on the island to the north. Looking through the civilopedia I noticed Taranis and assumed from the entry that he would be on the island too. So when I got to it and saw the Hilt was unguarded I moved towards it, but opted not to take it right away as my Mammoth Rider was damaged and it suddenly occurred to me that Taranis might appear when I picked it up. After that I can't pick it up (its on a volcano so I can't move on to it) and the option to pick it up hasn't reoccurred. Will it happen eventually or have I doomed myself?

NB: I don't want to reload or use WB.

Taranis is on an island near the center of the map. What is to the far northeast is technically not an island, but rather a peninsula whose connecting isthmus is blocked by an impassible mountain (which becomes a passable crater by the eruption triggered by taking the piece of the godslayer).

It has been a long time since I player the scenario so I am not sure, but I think that moving the unit away and then back the the tile adjacent to the volcano might trigger the option to pick it up again.

I thought I had the Hilt picked up by Northwind, who I tamed. The bird was about halfway to my capital when suddenly a panther back in the jungle attacked the Hilt and destroyed it. I haven't saved the game for over 200 turns - is there some code I can use to restore the Hilt to my current saved game?

Are you sure the hilt isn't in the square where Fiacra was killed?

Best wishes,

Breunor

Thanks MagisterCultuum, I tried that and it didn't work. Luckily the last save I had was only 10 turns before and I judged it the lesser of the two evils so I reloaded. As for you Vesilund, unless you somehow have turned autosave off you should have one from 15 or less turns before it happened. If one isn't there then you could always worldbuilder one in.

WiseMan999

Top Bottom