CIV IV wont install

WantToPlay

Chieftain
I put the install CD (Disc 1) in and autorun brings up a menu. I click on 'Install' and an install wizard status bar shows and after a couple of minutes I get the following error message:

Unhandled Exception
Error Number: 0x80040702
Description: Failed to load DLL: DSETUP
Setup will now terminate.

After checking some message boards someone recomended getting TuneUp Utilities 2006 to repair the registry, so I downloaded a trial version and ran the tests. It fixed a bunch of things that I was not aware of but it did not fix my problem with trying to install this game. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Please post your Dxdiag

(Start Button - click - select run - type dxdiag - press enter - wait a min - select "save all information" - post using the 'go advanced' button below)

Regards
Zy

The early releases of Civ IV had the play and install discs incorrectly labelled -"Play" was marked on the wrong disc, it may well be that issue as to why it cant find the setup dll file

Regards
Zy

Man that sucks! It looks like I'll have to do the same. Too bad cuz it looks and sounds like a really good game. Anyway, thanks Zydor and Yavoo for your help.

Ok, I got another copy and I get the same error. I tried installing the game on a friend's computer and it works so at least I know I have a good copy. Am I the only one with this problem?

Top Bottom