That would go against everything we stand for...

50_dollar_bag

Imitation Louis Vuitton
What does this mean? I've come across it many times, it happens when you mouse over the civics section on the AI side of the Negotiation screen. I don't think it has anything to do with suggesting an AI changes from their preferred Civic, or with them being unable to change due to a recent civics shift. Nor does it reflect relations.

Can anybody help?

Normally I want to chuck in a suggestion for a civics switch when I'm doing a onesided deal with an AI and they haven't got enough gold, tech or whatever to even it up, plus putting them in to anarchy for a couple of turns hurts them a little too. Or I'm running free market or own the Great Lighthouse and want someone to come out of mercantilism.

No it doesn't. They'll say it even for civics other than their favorite.

they are probably a vassal. I notice this reasons for vassals, as I belive only Masters can ask them to change civics.

It could be vassals, though i think I've seen it in non vassals too.

The more I think about about the more I feel it's because they 'want' to be in their current civics configuration. Which sounds strange because you can even get Isabella out of a religion to which she owns the holy city.

It happens with non-vassals.

I share 50_dollar_bag's conjecture but I too would like to know for sure what it means and how it works.

Imagine this:

The Cold War, United States and Soviet Union.

The Soviet Union opens up diplomacy with the United States and tries to persuade the US to switch to communism.

The US replies:

"Are you crazy? That goes against everything we stand for!"

...and vice-versa.

Imagine this:

The Cold War, United States and Soviet Union.

The Soviet Union opens up diplomacy with the United States and tries to persuade the US to switch to communism.

The US replies:

"Are you crazy? That goes against everything we stand for!"

...and vice-versa.

True. But it's been said many times before that this is a game and it's all about alternate history.

Perhaps if it was because you we're asking the Leader to shift out of their preferred civic I would understand, but is seems to me to be random.

It is the AI's standard reply when they are not willing to change the civic. Unless if you suggest that they switch to one of the five "basic" civics, in which case they will just say: "Surely, you must be joking".

It is the AI's standard reply when they are not willing to change the civic. Unless if you suggest that they switch to one of the five "basic" civics, in which case they will just say: "Surely, you must be joking".

You could always try beating them up:hammer: and then ask nicely in the peace treaty to adopt that civic :lol:

Top Bottom