Leonidas of the GLorious Greeks

kingfire87

Warlord
Hi, all. This is my first story in Civilization IV. I've only had Civilization IV for a little while and am a newbie. But, hopefully, this story will be exciting. My story starts in 25 BC. I have already taken over the Romans and own Italy and Greece. Here is a screenshot of diplomacy with my greatest ally, England. If you look in the background, you can see my map in the right-hand corner.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/132770/Elizabeth_screenshots-Civ_4.JPG
I will begin the real story soon, I just wanted to give some background. Any comments, constructive criticism, comments, wishes, compliments, and suggestions are welcome. Also, in other threads, I've seen users being worked into the story (as a general, for example). If anybody wants me to do that to them, feel free to ask!

A note before I begin, this story has narration, with the general events, and also individual people in battles, making decisions, etc.

Soon after taking over the Romans, we Greeks become thirsty for more conquest. Even after taking over Rome, our situation was problematic. You see, With France looming to the west and Germany to the north and many people to the east, the only way to expand was to conquer. So, I declared war on France, and easily captured the only city of Paris. Then, the war with Spain came. Isabella had been annoying lately, so the war began. I gave Elizabeth technology in exchange for also declaring war. So, with seven thriving cities in my empire, the great period of wars began.
Also, the Sistine Chapel and the Great Lighthouse are completed. The Parthenon is almost done.

Note: there will be individual stories in the next post, also with visuals.

A little while later, I take Madrid (I'm now several techs later by the way. Islam was founded in Rome). Since I don't know what to do with the Islam Missionary I get when I found a religion, I decide to send him to Madrid, where he spreads Islam, as seen in this screenie:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/132770/After_taking_Madrid.JPG

Before I begin individual character narration, I would like to introduce some characters because I loved something similar on the "French Struggle":
King Leonidas: Hello, I am leader of the Greek Empire. :king:
Helen: Hi, I advise Leonidas on things going on inside Greece. I also advise civics and religion.
Maximillion: I'm the financial advisor. I handle all the money, bwahahaha!
Crutus: I am the chief diplomat, I discuss all the interesting affairs-
Sir McDivnon: Yeah, yeah whatever. I'm the super awesome military advisor who directs our armies.
Helen: Was Crutus done yet?
Sir McDivnon: :ar15: Guess he is now!
Ivan Newton: I'm Isaac Newton's great-(twenty greats) grandfather. I run science.
Well, there you have it.

Top Bottom