[BtS] Rise of Mankind 2

I've never tried the older version. Downloaded 2.71 Full install two days ago. Unpacked with WinRar to program files directory. Everything looks like it unpacked properly. Go to Load a Mod, select Rise of Mankind, click OK, program closes. Never reopens.

Laurier - the folder that you need to copy into the mods directory is the "Rise of Mankind", NOT the riseofmankind2.7

So, unzip the file on your desktop, click once on the unzipped folder and copy the "Rise of Mankind" folder that you will find inside. It will then work just fine.

Sorry if this was answered before:
After destroying a city, the enemy sometimes gets some free ("partisan") units. I would like to know: Does this happen randomly or are there any game conditions that can influence this event?

Sorry if this was answered before:
After destroying a city, the enemy sometimes gets some free ("partisan") units. I would like to know: Does this happen randomly or are there any game conditions that can influence this event?
That is part of normal Random Event. It's one of the events added by the Beyond the Sword expansion and RoM does have all the BtS events included.

Couple bugs:

1: I can build unlimited breweries. I mean I can only have a max of three but once built I can build more replacing other breweries.

2: I can build a brewery without the required resources. What I mean by this is as long as I have the resource in my culture zone AND a road (of some type) to it it doesn't matter if I can harvest that resource or not (which is wrong)

3: I can't build inquisitors after changing to Intolerant religion with Shwedagon Wonder. Inquisitor states only requirement is Intolerant religion, speaks nothing towards the actual tech.

4: Inquisitors don't work even though I have it enabled in options. Basically the problem I run into is it won't let me run an inquisitor on a non-state holy city purging of all non-state non-holy city religions. I understand I can't purge a holy city of its holy founded non-state religion BUT I should be able to purge the rest of the non-state religion.

Basically this all hits when I found Hinduism early on then build Shwedagon as fast as possible converting first to intolerant then atheism. During this process I end up founding a couple other religions and trying to purge Hinduism from non-hindoo holy city non-state religion holy cities.

Downloaded the latest RoM2 with MegaPack. Getting while loading when it gets to the Sioux? Anybody else having a problem?

Couple bugs:

1: I can build unlimited breweries. I mean I can only have a max of three but once built I can build more replacing other breweries.

This is a feature of Civ 4.

Downloaded the latest RoM2 with MegaPack. Getting while loading when it gets to the Sioux? Anybody else having a problem?

Zappara has posted a fix for this see post 203 on page 11 - ADDON: Extra Civ pack for RoM 2.0. I think this points to the correct page.

I miss those little signs that show you if a city has become unhappy (red face) or unhealthy (green face) or if it has power (yellow arrow). Or did I miss something in the options menu?

Im posting here as this might be the only place to get reasonable feedback.

A would like to share with You with my project. Its still at concept stage, where i fear it will stay - as i dont have the time needed to finish it (baby daughter is a blackhole of time :) ).

The Election ModMod for RoM2.7

The main and only element of this projct is to simulate the changes of all civs leaders on their civics basis. There is ascension and hairitage for kings, and elections for president, as well as self-placement for dictators.

The basis the leaders change would look like this (just a hint):

- King: After a random quantity of turns (10-20?) You get a list of 2-3 heirs (Your current leader with the suffix "the #rd/nd", ad 1-2 other leaders) - its only Your choice which "kin" will be of favor
- President: After a certain time (8turns?) - there are elections - 4 candidates (one of them is Your current leader (one time reelection)), the population votes:
[You have 15% of votes] + [every population point generates a vote based on the city's (from which this population point comes from) unhappy reason which finds a solution in a leaders trait] + [random 20%]
- dictatorship: You just get a random leader /or choose from a pool of aggresive/militaristic types.
Ans so on... i have more notes on that but just wanted some feedback for the base idea.

I can give away all notes made to this point, with no credit - just would like to see it working (or not working ;{ )

What say You?

Im posting here as this might be the only place to get reasonable feedback.

A would like to share with You with my project. Its still at concept stage, where i fear it will stay - as i dont have the time needed to finish it (baby daughter is a blackhole of time ).

The Election ModMod for RoM2.7

The main and only element of this projct is to simulate the changes of all civs leaders on their civics basis. There is ascension and hairitage for kings, and elections for president, as well as self-placement for dictators.

The basis the leaders change would look like this (just a hint):

- King: After a random quantity of turns (10-20?) You get a list of 2-3 heirs (Your current leader with the suffix "the #rd/nd", ad 1-2 other leaders) - its only Your choice which "kin" will be of favor
- President: After a certain time (8turns?) - there are elections - 4 candidates (one of them is Your current leader (one time reelection)), the population votes:
[You have 15% of votes] + [every population point generates a vote based on the city's (from which this population point comes from) unhappy reason which finds a solution in a leaders trait] + [random 20%]
- dictatorship: You just get a random leader /or choose from a pool of aggresive/militaristic types.
Ans so on... i have more notes on that but just wanted some feedback for the base idea.
I like this idea.:)
You should open a theard here as it is a better place to get feedback.;)

zappara - I have been playing your mod for a while (without revolutions). There are no major bugs that make it crash. However, as the game gets on (and if you don't play a "kill-them-all" strategy), it becomes too slow fairly quickly. It simply takes ages between turns - I have now reached a point where every time I hit enter I have to wait for over a minute.

Any chance that this could be dealt with.

zappara - I have been playing your mod for a while (without revolutions). There are no major bugs that make it crash. However, as the game gets on (and if you don't play a "kill-them-all" strategy), it becomes too slow fairly quickly. It simply takes ages between turns - I have now reached a point where every time I hit enter I have to wait for over a minute.

Any chance that this could be dealt with.

Now I'm no authority on RoM or modding of any kind but I think you need to give Zap more info, on if it's something he might be able to do something about. Like what size map, how many civs, and what kind of PC your running it on.

I haven't had any problems but then again I tend to stick to huge maps and 10ish civs. But then again I run it off a;

64Bit Vista
Intel core 2, Quad CPU q9400 @2.66Ghz
8GB RAM
Dual nvidia 9800GT

I'm having repeated problems with the game randomly closing/crashing - no reason really

* that Abbysinian merchant DID look at me funny before the computer threw a fit *

I have just upgraded pretty much all aspects of my computer - a more powerful processer, larger RAM, and a more powerful video card.

While I was waiting for it to be delivered I was playing CIV on my husbands Vista & never crashed once. Is there a possiblity that windows is causing some of these problems? Would an upgrade to Vista change things? Anyone reading this on a Vista who DOES encounter problems?

Thought I'd ask before I lay down to cry over money *perhaps* wasted.

I am having a problem where the game keeps coming up with errors after I try and install the moduler civs. I unzipped the file, shifted the contents across but am still coming with this error. Civ tries to load. A large number of civs come up with errors, then the game ends. This is when I try and run it. It occasionally occurs in Vista but probably not that often.

Top Bottom