MilarNES: Birth of A Civilization

For Enlightenment:

Chemistry

Economy

Universities

Steam Power

Laws of Matter (Gravity, Motion and Momention ect)

Advanced Projectile Weapons (Ballistics and Powdermixes)

Advanced Ship Designs.

However, you might want to tone this down.

Finally: how do you advance an age: all techs?

For Enlightenment:

Chemistry

Economy

Universities

Steam Power

Laws of Matter (Gravity, Motion and Momention ect)

Advanced Projectile Weapons (Ballistics and Powdermixes)

Advanced Ship Designs.

However, you might want to tone this down.

Finally: how do you advance an age: all techs?

I think that I already answered in the Development thread, and the rules also say it. I'll repeat my answer again, though: you can advance age when you research at least 2/3 of the techs in your current age rounded up, all the techs in the age before and 1 tech from the age you want to advance to. For example, to advance from Stone Age to Bronze Age, you would have to research 5 techs (including the free starting tech) and then research 1 Bronze Age tech. From Bronze Age to Iron Age, you have to research all Stone Age techs, 5 Bronze Age techs and 1 Iron Age tech.

Thanks for the suggestions, Charles. I'll keep them in mind.

EDIT: Steam Power is already an Industrial Age Technology.

Pictland is here. Orders sent.

Hey Vert. We are now in a NES together.

So far, I have the orders of the NPCs and the following players:
Abaddon (Missing UU)
Amon Savag (Missing UU)
Arian
Charles Li (Missing Starting Tech)
Cynovolans
D'Artagnan
Dreadnought (Missing UU)
Vertinari118
Warhead

I'm missing Rome, Milan and Seri. Guys, keep moving, I know that all of you could have sent orders yesterday, I saw you in the register and some of you even posted!

EDIT: Anyone that hasn't sent complete orders for update 0 (the Land UU and the Starting Tech) by the time the deadline expires will start the game without starting technology, regardless of whether they think they have done it. If you think you have done it, send them again ON A PM.

The Seri is here. Orders come shortly

OK, I am still missing Babylon (sorry I didn't mention it before) and Rome, as well as Singodia's and SNES Land's UUs. If you send this in less than twelve (12) hours, you will be getting a first update tomorrow.

Do our UU's matter for the update?

Have my guys as whatever they need to be, to evolve into Tigar Cavalry when i discover domestication :p

Well, they are important, as they are going to be described in the update as your elite units. as for the land UUs, you could do as Arian did: just send me a description of the guys without mounts, and when you get Animal Husbandry then you can send me the description of your UU with mounts.

EDIT: one of the rules states that, in case of tie, the nation that gets the bonus in either war or tech research will be the first to send orders in. However, as I am the one that controls the NPCs, it might be a bit unfair. Thus, the NPC orders will always count as being the last in the game, leaving behind only those people who don't send orders.

There is a picture.. what more do you need :p

Since we don't have anything other than clubs right now.. whats the point in a UU unless you choose "FAST" ? Seems to me, until we get some techs, UU's can't BE ANYTHING unique?

There is a picture.. what more do you need :p

Since we don't have anything other than clubs right now.. whats the point in a UU unless you choose "FAST" ? Seems to me, until we get some techs, UU's can't BE ANYTHING unique?

You can personalize those clubs. You can also decide to give them weapons that are not wooden clubs (always within the technology known to your guys). Other thing you can do is to give them a special ability that will make them different from other soldiers. For example, one of my NPC's Land UUs consists of a group that uses whistling to communicate with each other and send information depending on what they say (if you search for La Gomera island in Wikipedia, you will understand what am I talking about).

Milarqui, some suggestions.

Slingers are a not-as-good range unit with melee possibilities. Therefore a half/half unit. (I mean, put a stone in a piece of cloth and hit someone with it... Melee possibility!)

For the unit you receive from Navagation maybe put Gallyass (spelling?) or Cog, both are used extensively in the Mediterranean and Atlantic respectivly in the Dark Ages Era.

Milarqui, some suggestions.

Slingers are a not-as-good range unit with melee possibilities. Therefore a half/half unit. (I mean, put a stone in a piece of cloth and hit someone with it... Melee possibility!)

For the unit you receive from Navagation maybe put Gallyass (spelling?) or Cog, both are used extensively in the Mediterranean and Atlantic respectivly in the Dark Ages Era.

I'd rather think of slingers as short-medium range soldiers. I'm not sure of the meleé possibilities of it, as they wouldn't be as strong as their normal attacks. It would become more of a last-ditch attempt, but not something they would do at will. Anyone is welcome to invent an UU that does what Charles says, as long as you state that they have that ability.

As for Navigation, I have already searched for the Cog, and it seems a good idea for the Dark Age's ship. Galleys are already a ship, it's the one you get when you discover Sailing.

Thanks. I want to write a story but it isn't update 0 yet.

Also, it is an Galleyass. Which is a larger ship with a rounded hull and more than 1 mast. (So at least 2 sails) but still keeps the rowers. It is VERY common in Mediteranean trade and war, esp with Venice/Genoa.

About the Range units: Lancers also have Melee possibility but that will be an after look.

Also, before we get stories about ten thousands of men per army (A trend started by me). A group of units is ????? Men abstractly?

Thanks. I want to write a story but it isn't update 0 yet.

Also, it is an Galleyass. Which is a larger ship with a rounded hull and more than 1 mast. (So at least 2 sails) but still keeps the rowers. It is VERY common in Mediteranean trade and war, esp with Venice/Genoa.

About the Range units: Lancers also have Melee possibility but that will be an after look.

Also, before we get stories about ten thousands of men per army (A trend started by me). A group of units is ????? Men abstractly?

Well, it'll just give you more time to make it better, or even to write more stories.

About the Galleyass... I have searched with both google and wikipedia and they say it doesn't exist. Perhaps you could provide me with a webpage where that ship is mentioned.

The Atlatls could have some Melee possibilities, yeah, because they can use their lances in short range situations. I'll add true Lancers to the possibilities in the game. They will be able to be built after Bronze Melting is researched, and Warriors can be updated to this as well as Axe-Men.

About the group of units... that's a very diffucult question, because said number will depend on many things, such as the kind of unit (a Riders unit would normally be smaller than a Warriors unit, for example) or the technological level (as you get better technologies, you can give weapons and armours to more soldiers). However, if I have to say a number, I'd say that a Warrior's unit would be around 200 guys (more than enough for a pre-historical war)

Thank you, Cyno. The Galleas it's just a heavy frigate, so I think that, when Gunpowder arrives, then the galleas will be the military ship to use instead of the frigate.

EDIT: Let's see if someone finds the cultural reference I made. :D

EDIT 2: Regarding the Tech Tree, my objective is to put 10 Techs for each age between Dark Age and Enlightenment and 15 Techs for each age between Industrial Age and Future Age. Help for the Dark Age would be wonderful, as it's quite difficult to think of anything that might help with this.

Top Bottom