Extinct Animals

Also, should the "winner" be the first line to evolve into birds?

BTW, there should be settlers (nests) and terraformers (Jurassic forests were kept in check by the giant sauropods looking for softer undergrowth.)

BTW, if you're going for the post-Permian/Triassic extinction, here's a Jurassic Earth.

Best,

:Dz

My own thought was to divide it into Huge eras, roughly equivalent to the Mesozoic - Cenozoic earth eras, the last game era being equivalent to the rise of man -

First Era - Triassic to Jurassic
Second Era - Jurassic to Cretaceous
Third Era - Cenozoic Era
Fourth Era - Primates to Stone Age Man (including any awkward monolith appearances)

The final era might include a 'race' to discover fire, language, art, social structure, animal domestication and agriculture - You have won when you discover Civilization!

MaisseArsouye made a series of prehistoric earth maps that might be a useful starting point. I'd be in favor of something with more land, less sea...

My own thought was to divide it into Huge eras, roughly equivalent to the Mesozoic - Cenozoic earth eras, the last game era being equivalent to the rise of man -

First Era - Triassic to Jurassic
Second Era - Jurassic to Cretaceous
Third Era - Cenozoic Era
Fourth Era - Primates to Stone Age Man (including any awkward monolith appearances)

The final era might include a 'race' to discover fire, language, art, social structure, animal domestication and agriculture - You have won when you discover Civilization!

MaisseArsouye made a series of prehistoric earth maps that might be a useful starting point. I'd be in favor of something with more land, less sea...

The problem here would be continental drift -- which drove the climate and thence evolution ... Then again, I bet Steph just might be able to puzzle this one out ... :mischief:

Best As Always,

Oz

Even in the "gameplay first" paradigm I proposed, I don't like the idea of an ornithischian bird. :eek:

What, you mean you've never been, um, "befuddled" enough to imagine a Stegosaur with wings?? :D

Hop, a pack of Terror Birds !

Titanis
Titan

A 2.5 meters flightless preying bird, living in North America during the Pliocene.

Unorthodoxly, I will post two animals that never lived but were presented in the excellent World of Kong book. As they're two terror birds, share most of their animations, are obviously linked to the phorusrhacids and are quite realistic, it makes senses to share it here. I'll have to open a 'Fantasy' section in my OP, though. :D They can probably easily used for other real world phorusrhacids.

Brutornis
Heavy Fowl (shouldn't it be Heavy Bird ?)

Zeropteryx
No wings

Updated (4/22/12) :

Terror Bird Rider

Veteran Terror Bird Rider
or noble or chief or sergeant

Updated! (4/24/12)

Code:
Version 1.3
Added :
+ 4 Resources
+ Terror Bird (riderless) pedia files

Download
Animations by Supa
Terror bird model by en, released by Sixus1
Human model by Kinboat
Sounds included

Hop, they're cool! :) The only minor thing looks strange to me, when the bird runs it should waddle IMHO. But, anyway this is a minor thing.

It seems like I misunderstood waddling. Yes, although I didn't look after papers about it, phorusrhacids probably run. They don't seem built for waddling, at least.

Great units per usual Supa! Glad to see you are not on too long a break ;)

I just wish I had a Mod-in-Progress that could use a Kong-mythology based creature....:dunno:

Perhaps Titanis exists with Kong on Faro Island, then mutates into the other birds via the same mutagenic berry juice that eventually mutates Kong into Supa Kong??

Thanks!

Glad to see you are not on too long a break ;)

These units were started in early december, though. Animations and textures were finished one month ago. I'm only working on Civ-III units a few hours every now and then so everything is quite slow. I've rendered another set of units today and I've almost finished another project I'm helping the Steampunk team with (only the run left to do - having trouble with the skirt).

I just wish I had a Mod-in-Progress that could use a Kong-mythology based creature....:dunno:

Who say I don't ? ;)

Perhaps Titanis exists with Kong on Faro Island, then mutates into the other birds via the same mutagenic berry juice that eventually mutates Kong into Supa Kong??

He, why not. :) For all we know, it could be a young Giant Condor chick. ;)

I see your modding time has been as sparse as mine. Real life can be such a pain sometimes. I think you are right, you've just fleshed out the Condor line :D

Top Bottom