Onan's Speed-Optimized GMR Game

If Gordon Ramsy is talking about the lux to the SE of your capital, this should not be a problem as, from memory, this area seems more within your orbit than ours. We will consult with our advisors and confirm later. We are open to all trades, however do not remember the calendar lux of which you speak, and may also be constrained by trades offered first to our closer neighbors. We shall see what develops!

(it's funny how many of us are online, possibly reading this thread at the moment)

Yes. SE of Egyptian capital. The calendar lux Ramsy mentioned is Roman incense.

Roman incense and Indian wine, make people addictive but happy. The Eqyptian people want to be intoxicated as well so they may forget about the cruelty of war and get caught pants off . :crazyeye:

The great Songhai philosophers always suspected the world was flat. After much exploration, by brave scouts, these theories were proven true. Having reached both ends of the world, the Songhai have declared that the Middle Kingdom is better than any of these barbarian hinterlands and our people will turn our attentions inwards to marvel at our own glories.

(Great plains does not wrap east west or north south it appears). Getting used to not having east west wrap will be interesting especially since I have now found those crazy and aggressive Aztecs.

Traveling out of town this weekend so I may have spotty internet access. That should be okay though since I know others tend not to take turns on the weekend :)

Traveling out of town this weekend so I may have spotty internet access. That should be okay though since I know others tend not to take turns on the weekend :)

Yeah, we've been slipping off our pace a little lately. Still going pretty well though, basically pit boss speed.

The great Songhai philosophers always suspected the world was flat. After much exploration, by brave scouts, these theories were proven true. Having reached both ends of the world, the Songhai have declared that the Middle Kingdom is better than any of these barbarian hinterlands and our people will turn our attentions inwards to marvel at our own glories.

(Great plains does not wrap east west or north south it appears). Getting used to not having east west wrap will be interesting especially since I have now found those crazy and aggressive Aztecs.

Yeah I didn't know this when choosing the map. It will make it more static and should give some advantage to those on the ends...though I think it's still better than inland sea. It certainly is an interesting map, in terms of resources. Makes for some interesting game choices, out on the plains at least.

Yeah I didn't know this when choosing the map. It will make it more static and should give some advantage to those on the ends...though I think it's still better than inland sea. It certainly is an interesting map, in terms of resources. Makes for some interesting game choices, out on the plains at least.

Oh sure you can say that because you're not stuck here out on the plains with no hills in sight. I'm going to have to slaughter some cows and horses for all my production needs.

Oh sure you can say that because you're not stuck here out on the plains with no hills in sight. I'm going to have to slaughter some cows and horses for all my production needs.

Au contraire, mon frere. I can say that for precisely the same reason as you.

:confused:

I'm not at war yet :D

I think it's being assumed that your rulers will always suffer the same derangement as your previous puppets. In other words, somehow the rulers of other civs in this game have some kind of prophecy about a particularly bloodthirsty influence which has been known on other worlds, and they see the signs of its having arrived now in ours. :eek: :lol:

:confused:

I'm not at war yet :D

I think he is referring to the character of Monty in SP game but somehow you admit that you would like to play to the style of Monty. To fit the character even better, I would suggest declaring wars on ALL nations as early as possible :lol:

1 gold to offer from Egypt. If any wise leader has extra copy of luxury coming up on line soon, this will be a good trade:)

1 gold to offer from Egypt. If any wise leader has extra copy of luxury coming up on line soon, this will be a good trade:)

You already have extra lux hooked up? Clearly I must be doing something wrong as my worker is still running away from the barbarian hordes.

You already have extra lux hooked up? Clearly I must be doing something wrong as my worker is still running away from the barbarian hordes.

One mined and one settled, I'd guess.

No, one mined and one to be mined, but I want to get trade opportunity secured even I have only one copy right now.

I found a mechanism: when I initiate a trade in this turn, I can't even open up the trading screen with another player. Is this to prevent player selling one copy of resource to multiple players at the same time? More reason to announce trade intention here early so others can initiate the trade when they are ready.

We thank Egypt for their offer to trade, however our soothsayers advise it might be better to wait until our people crave certain luxuries...if we are lucky, it will be the ones we can trade, and then our people will breed like rabbits!

One really great thing about being last in the turn order (besides being last to get huts, move units, start wars etc...) - you get the privilege of watching the barbarian hordes whack your units and steal your workers in all their animated glory!

I have 3 of them sitting close my land. And i have 3 wounded units as well! Forests everywhere make combat a bit annoying. Lot of fog east and south of me. I wonder why there is no cs at the far corner south-east of me. If i remember there was always a cs there when i played great plains maps.

The map is smaller than I thought. Standard size Great plains does not seem to have that much space and the barbarians are definitely taking their fair share!

At least at King level the barbs don't get combat bonus, my scout promoted Archor can take half of their HP when they are on flat land.
I scrificed my another scout , just to block barb from chasing my captured Warsaw slave. Need to sent more scouts east to meet the more barbarian civs

I have 3 of them sitting close my land. And i have 3 wounded units as well! Forests everywhere make combat a bit annoying. Lot of fog east and south of me. I wonder why there is no cs at the far corner south-east of me. If i remember there was always a cs there when i played great plains maps.

I agree the forests would make combat annoying, so lets say 100 turns of peace? :D

Top Bottom