Afraid Message

Vriesea

Chieftain
Ok, in BNW I just finish building the atom bomb and now all those Civs that were "friendly" are now "afraid" and need compassion. Question is does this impact my game play. Will I still be able to trade and interact with them as before. If not, what do I do to make them "friendly" again.

Vriesea

Ok, in BNW I just finish building the atom bomb and now all those Civs that were "friendly" are now "afraid" and need compassion. Question is does this impact my game play. Will I still be able to trade and interact with them as before. If not, what do I do to make them "friendly" again.

Vriesea

Yes, in fact they'll probably be nicer to you. When this happened in my game, the two Afraid civs almost immediately offered me a DoF. You'll still be able to trade; they'll likely give you better deals, as well. If you don't care about really annoying the AI('s) in question, you could demand something (assuming your military score is higher than theirs), but AI's typically don't give in to demands and I wouldn't recommend it in general.

^What he said.

Interesting to note, the AI will try and make you afraid so to speak. If they build nukes, their leader screen will actually pop up and say "Our threats are now backed with nuclear weapons!" :smug:

"Our threats are now backed with nuclear weapons!" :smug:

Even better is how the quote is straight from Civ 1. Though if I understand correctly, they would always say that in Civ 1 as long as they had nukes ("words" replacing "threats"), even if they were totally friendly with you.

I also read that Gandhi's Aggression and\or Nuke flavor was set to 1. Adopting a peaceful government lowers the flavor by 1 or 2. 1 minus 2 equals 255 thanks to underflow. Oops. Hence Gandhi's Nuke flavor being 12 in Civ 5 as a joke.

Vriesea

Exploit the window of opportunity. You can DEMAND anything from them with high chances of a positive answer in that timeframe. Maybe you are in need of some happiness luxury that they were not willing to trade with you? Try again. :D

Top Bottom