About Indonesian starting bias...

Sabrina

Warlord
Ok, I checked the wikia first and it says the indonesian starting bias is on the coast. Thing is I am in my second game as Gajah Mada and the first settler does really appear close to the coast. The problem is that in both of the games I started "isolated" in one big island / small continent, with no one else to trade with until I start to set foot on another continent. Is that normal or just bad luck?

What map type are you using?
And I think this has to do with your map type rather than your civ.

And it takes take for the AI to connect its luxuries; until they do; trade routes are poor gold return. Your first two routes are much better off providing a massive food bonus in very early game.

I play on a map type in which it's always the case that city states would be the only ones sharing my land mass.
And in my current game it took until turn 70 just for a major civ to find me.

Playing continents, around 10 civs and 24 CS, marathon. I guess it's a bit of bad luck, I mean, for one side it is nice to be "alone" in the beginning, to avoid early wars but the lack of cash and luxuries until you start to navigate (coastal or ocean) and settle on other land masses is really annoying.

It's the continents script itself. It doesn't have a sanity check to ensue that roughly half of the players are on both main landmass. (This can happen as any civ)

If you have Explorers DLC, you might try continents plus under advanced startup.

Top Bottom