2 randoms question about the world congress

djpigeon

Chieftain
Hi !

In my current game I managed to create the world congress (I mean being the first host) and I could see that the congress doesn't open instantly when you discover the last civ or the printing press, whichever comes last, but in fact wait for the next turn.

So my first question is, what happen if another civ get to the same point at the same turn ? Let's say the last civ I don't know knows everyone but me, then obviously we would meet each other at the exact same time, so who would be the host ? and does it change something if it's me meeting him or him meeting me ?

My second question is about the liberation of city state or civilisation, does it grant me their vote for the world leader like it used to ? and what about the other vote of the world congress ?

Thanks for your reply

I would guess that for your first point, the World Congress host is defined as "the first player to meet every other player". This would be whoever moves their unit to the other person's unit, as it would be on their turn.

For your second point, I think that liberating a civ grants you their base delegates. I'm not sure on that, but I think it's the case. If you liberate a city state, it grants you influence instead, so you will get their vote for a time.

And what happens in a tie?

In a vote for host Ethiopia and I both had 18, he was the incumbent host. So I gave my votes to Izzy, a down and out AI that shared my ideology, who voted for herself with her four and became host. I got diplomatic points with her too she actually thanked me.

That left me with the most votes since Ethiopia lost the host votes but I still had my 18. So what would have happened to the tie if I had voted for myself as host?

And what happens in a tie?

In a vote for host Ethiopia and I both had 18, he was the incumbent host. So I gave my votes to Izzy, a down and out AI that shared my ideology, who voted for herself with her four and became host. I got diplomatic points with her too she actually thanked me.

That left me with the most votes since Ethiopia lost the host votes but I still had my 18. So what would have happened to the tie if I had voted for myself as host?

I think that whoever is previously incumbent will remain incumbent.

I would guess that for your first point, the World Congress host is defined as "the first player to meet every other player". This would be whoever moves their unit to the other person's unit, as it would be on their turn.

For your second point, I think that liberating a civ grants you their base delegates. I'm not sure on that, but I think it's the case. If you liberate a city state, it grants you influence instead, so you will get their vote for a time.

Well the issue now is that liberating a city state do not grants you loads of influence anymore (last time I did it I had 72 influence...:rolleyes:)

I think liberating a CS should give at least 200 influence, if not permanent allyship. They exist because of you FFS. But what, some AI giving them some gold will make them change allegiances?

I think liberating a CS should give at least 200 influence, if not permanent allyship. They exist because of you FFS. But what, some AI giving them some gold will make them change allegiances?

Just because some civ saved you once in 2000 BC doesn't mean you're still going to love them 3000 years later when you haven't interacted since then.

Top Bottom