Cant install because of Directx9? (DX9 setup freezes)

neublet

Chieftain
I put the CD in the rom, it starts up I click that i accept the agreement, it does the extracting and then goes thru a few installations. Then it stops on "installing directx9" ....please wait. I have windows 7 as well as Direct X 11. I changed the compatability setting for the Steam.exe. Can someone help? Thanks!

HP Model p6203w
Processor AMD Athlong(tm) 2 X2 215 Processor 2.7GHz
4g ram
Windows 7 64 bit
NVidea GForce 7800 GT

The 9.0c update does take a long time after you first install the game. Did you get impatient and ctrl-alt-del out of it?

thats possible. However I let it go for about 20 minutes, just thought it froze up on me. I also started it up right before going to bed, when I got up it was all gone and sitting at my desktop but the game wasnt on there :-S. I suppose Ill just fire it up and go do something.

I have the exact same problem of directx refusing to finish installing. It just goes on and on with an eternal install window (I've waited 5 hours for it and nothing happens).

I've tried installing with the web-setup as well, but the exact same thing happens. It gets stuck on the file copying phase (on the very first file "d3dx9_24.dll")

Sorry for this late reply to a now dormant thread but I had this same problem and found this page trying to locate a fix. I remembered seeing the game installing with Steam which I had automatically closed because I don't like programs running in the background. When I logged into my steam account the Directx9 installed right away.

This may not be what was causing your problem but thought I'd post a reply here just in case.

Top Bottom