[MOD] MagisterModmod

I assume you mean Duke Sallos?

I did not have anything to do with picking the leaderhead. That was Kael's doing. According to the credits thread, it is the work of an artist called Daarken. Wikipedia claims that this name is used by a man born with the name Michael Lim, whose artwork has been featured in Dungeons & Dragons and Magic: The Gathering.

The unit artwork used by his avatar unit is my an amateur attempt at reskinning Ploeperpengel's Angel of Death model to match the leaderhead artwork.

Had something interesting happen. I attacked the Khazad hero Maros with Duin and created a hero werewolf. I thought the immunity to capture of heroes would have prevented that.

I am in the process of uploading my latest update. It is fairly minor, mostly just including the latest version of World Builder. It also makes equipment no longer Hidden Nationality or Always Hostile, to prevent bugs stopping them from being dropped or AI loops. There is an ability to capture rival equipment that is left unguarded.

What about the eternal blockade bug?

I believe the Blockade issue is something Tholal will have to fix in the DLL.

The World Builder update should however make it easier to test possible fixes for that bug, as it should make it easy to force units to blockade.

I believe the Blockade issue is something Tholal will have to fix in the DLL.

The World Builder update should however make it easier to test possible fixes for that bug, as it should make it easy to force units to blockade.

You could make a workaround for the biggest blockade problem by stopping HN removal on water tiles. Ships could still cast 'Declare Nationality' in cities then. Primary offenders are reqDeclareNationality, reqRevelation/spellRevelation. AI may also have problems with reqMask & spellVeilOfNight if you do this though. DLL fix is better of course if Tholal comes back.

i got a woc error just a few turns from winning a game, and i've forgotten how to look up the logs and solve the problem :(

Been enjoying the modmod for years. Thank you Magister!

Is there anyway to turn up the revolutions chance? I've played it in many mods but in this mod revolutions happen too rarely for my taste. Even better is there a way to add the function of Revolutions that makes civs emerge from barbarian states left unmolested for too long? Not sure why that never happens in MagisterModmod.

Thanks!

I dont have any particular issue for posting here.

Just want to say "Thank You!" for this fantastic modmod. I recently came back to FFH2 in a fit of nostalgia, and contrary to 80s cartoons this is still as great as i remember it!

Been enjoying the modmod for years. Thank you Magister!

Is there anyway to turn up the revolutions chance? I've played it in many mods but in this mod revolutions happen too rarely for my taste. Even better is there a way to add the function of Revolutions that makes civs emerge from barbarian states left unmolested for too long? Not sure why that never happens in MagisterModmod.

Thanks!
... are you sure we are playing the same game ? I have to disallow the revolution option because any empire of 5+ cities turned into revolution with the 6th.. or any conquered city revolted...
well, it's been a long time since I allowed the revolution option, so maybe things have changed since then.

There seems to be less WOC issues with the latest version. I managed to get to the late game and so far no issues yet. Will report back if I can finally finish a game without that error!

... are you sure we are playing the same game ? I have to disallow the revolution option because any empire of 5+ cities turned into revolution with the 6th.. or any conquered city revolted...
well, it's been a long time since I allowed the revolution option, so maybe things have changed since then.

I have been able to control it nicely when keeping an eye on it. Only far-away cities with good to no buildings made problems.

But the AI otoh...

I've playing the november edition now for a while. So far I have found 2 bugs.

1. Occasionally, Scouts that I have automated, visit my capital where I have stashed items and picks them up, in this case rod of winds. I keep in my capital because it actually affects negatively to my units damage potential. I'm playing as Beeri Brawl so -2 to my wind mana(Is negative mana supposed to affect this way?). This is little annoying since it is easy to miss the pickup and when the scouts dies, the rod of wind is who knows where. Not really on issue with rod of winds, but there are other much more valuable items in game that I would not like loose.

2. I'm leveling up my heros at one of the "never ending lairs"(the well thingie). Sometimes when the "search" finishes and the units get place next to the well, since the protector of the lair spawns, the unit that executed the search is still unmovable. The unit info box clearly shows that the unit has moves left, but the units little green/red button on the unit button is red, and in the "popup unit info" it says that he has x(1-3) number of turns left to explore the lair. And usually, depending on the "roll of things to come" a new group of enemies is spawn to that spot, not the spot that the well is in, but the spot next to it.

P.S Eventhou this was a bug report overall I must say the game "feels" much more stable =). Keep up the good work =).

Trying to make a zoomed in area of KE for magistermod. Just reinstalled FfH and magistermod through Steam. Opened my worldbuilder file, edited it for a bit. Saved. Closed. Everything was fine. Now it won't open. Any ideas?

Attachments

• Squarecrawl Area Map.CivBeyondSwordWBSave
    516.6 KB · Views: 54
Hey all. Just wanna thank Magister and the other contributors for keeping the Fall From Heaven 2 legacy going.

Had been playing the Ashes of Erebus mod mod because of its variety of options, but the AI and other things in this version so far make it more enjoyable for a challenge.

Had some questions regarding the everlasting lairs though for the unique features. That a working as intended feature? I notice other mod mods have them only reset after a 50-100 turn duration.

Does the AI reuse them continually too?
If not doesn't it create some imbalance later since they become so easily farmed with the right tech/units devoted to it?
It also seemed the only negative events from them are creature spawns?
Never any plagues or outright death for units?

Excellent modmod, but has the Erebus mapscript been altered at all? It feels like metals generate much less frequently than on vanilla FFH2s Erebus.

I have now 2 advanced games which crash without noticable reason. Can you (MagisterCultuum) please take a look at this one. Please this is a game breaking bug.

Attachments

• FfH2Magister01-2.rar
    2.8 MB · Views: 45
Say, is there an option to place a long cooldown on exploring unique tiles like the Pyre of the Seraphic or Bradeline's well? It seems like an awfully cheap way to farm Great People and artifacts once you have a unit with a decent amount of strength to fight what ever bad results or enemies that come out.

It doesn't help that what ever unit is powerful enough to farm the improvements has access to free XP or promotions if it's something like a Mimic.

I've done some modding of the unit upgrade chart. It's always bugged me that the stock unit upgrade chart doesn't factor into account all the special things about the particular civilization that you're playing, including:

1) Filtering out forbidden units
2) Including only special units if you're playing the civ in question
3) Filtering out for forbidden buildings (e.g. if unit is not technically forbidden to you but the building is)
4) No help in seeing what units are special for your civ in particular (these will now show up as double-sized in the unit upgrade chart)
5) Doesn't show weird situations that can still be really useful, like Doviello slaves and workers having their special upgrade (through a "spell") to Beastmen.

So I modded it to help with all of these things. It's not perfect, there are still a couple of issues, and #2 in particular I could really use some help on:

1) My changes to the unit upgrade chart messed up the promotion chart, I'll look into that a bit later.
2) For some reason, scouts show with an upgrade arrow to horsemen, but not to Rangers. Also, warriors show as upgrading to archers and a few other things, but not Axemen or Swordsmen. I've banged my head against the wall for hours and can't figure out why. Can someone take a look and maybe point out something that I've missed?
3) Few other minor cosmetic things with arrows not lining up perfectly between two units which are both special for the same civ.

I only had to modify one file to do this, which is "UnitUpgradesGraph.py", attached. To install my (very small) modmodmodmod just backup your existing copy of the file in %MAGISTER_MODMOD_DIR%/Assets/python/Contrib/ and then overwrite your existing file with what I have uploaded here.

Feedback welcome!

Attachments

• UnitUpgradesGraph.zip
    7.1 KB · Views: 64
Top Bottom