1.53 - Tech tree

Lrd Dread

Prince
Good Morning,

Finally got 1.53 to work, and found something small. Playing Rome, and the tech tree did not pop up at the beginning of the game.... I waited until turn 3 to manually select a tech. Did not off me the chance at the beginning of the game.

But after that, it does pop up the icon on the right hand side to indicate I need to select a tech.

This issue has been noted elsewhere, and hopefully Thal is looking into it and it'll be resolved soon. You can select a tech manually at turn 0 (assuming you've planted your settler), you just have to remember to do so!:p

Another (related?) issue that I've noticed recently is that I'm getting a fairly large tech boost at turn 0 (usually 15-22:c5science:).

This issue has been noted elsewhere, and hopefully Thal is looking into it and it'll be resolved soon. You can select a tech manually at turn 0 (assuming you've planted your settler), you just have to remember to do so!:p

Another (related?) issue that I've noticed recently is that I'm getting a fairly large tech boost at turn 0 (usually 15-22:c5science:).

I've noticed the boost at turn zero as well.

The code which displays the "choose technology" notification is in the game core only Firaxis has access to, so I can't directly see or fix the bug. For months I've tried (unsuccessfully) to figure out what triggers that hidden vanilla bug, so I could at least find a workaround.

The code which displays the "choose technology" notification is in the game core only Firaxis has access to, so I can't directly see or fix the bug. For months I've tried (unsuccessfully) to figure out what triggers that hidden vanilla bug, so I could at least find a workaround.

"Choose Technology" is not a vanilla bug in the sense that the prompt is there in vanilla. About a month back (Mar-Apr), it was working just fine in VEM. Unless I'm mistaken, this problem started in 140s.

There's vanilla code which can do one of two things, A or B:

• A is what usually runs, and is bug-free.
  • B contains a bug, but does not usually run.
If outside code causes section B to run, a bug happens, even if the outside code is bug-free. The bug can't be directly identified or fixed without access to B. This makes it unusually difficult to figure out what's going on.

I can confirm I've also had this bug. I just manually select a tech to bypass the problem.

I can also confirm I get a science boost for some of the early techs. I'll pick the tech at turn X, and 1/4 of it will already be filled at turn X+1. Another thing I noticed is say there are 2 techs with the same science cost.. sometimes 1 will take 9 turns, but the other will take 11. Does it actually take that many turns? I can't confirm that as of yet, only what the UI tells me.

I can confirm I've also had this bug. I just manually select a tech to bypass the problem.

I can also confirm I get a science boost for some of the early techs. I'll pick the tech at turn X, and 1/4 of it will already be filled at turn X+1. Another thing I noticed is say there are 2 techs with the same science cost.. sometimes 1 will take 9 turns, but the other will take 11. Does it actually take that many turns? I can't confirm that as of yet, only what the UI tells me.

That's probably due to the bonus given when other civs already know a tech.

Top Bottom