WW2 Yugoslavia

committed hero

Chieftain
Is there a scenario about the rise of Tito? I think there is room for the shifting alliances of occupier and resistance. Nazi/Italian, Serb, Croat, Partisan, Ustasha, Chetnik & Bosnian civs?

I don't think there is a Yugoslav Partisan scenario. It would be a great subject. Building up from small beginnings, developing techs (new weapons) and loads of events. There are several excellent maps of Yugoslavia (including a couple I built) and plenty of units available. I did toy with the idea a few weeks back after seeing Fairline's new units but I think I need to concentrate on finishing some existing projects before launching anything new. There is a an excellent Open General campaign on the subject that is very inspiring. If anyone was to take up this project I would give them my full backing.

I would really like to see such a scenario, to be honest. However, the "shifting alliances" part might be tricky for the Civ2 engines, one of the big reasons single-player full era Napoleonic scenarios tend not to exist or really work if they do (at least so far).

I would make the paramilitary Ustasha and Chetniks eternal enemies of themselves and their opposite political numbers, and leave the rest to fate. The partisans, as the ultimate historical victors, probably have to be the aggressor civ for purposes of objective points - but then you are essentially making two scenarios: one for them and one for the others.

Where are Fairline's relevant units; I couldn't find them.

Top Bottom