[BtS] - Updates and progress

Due to the nature of this bug all my previous debugging methods have fallen apart. I would like to try a new method using modular xml loading to load this mod and try to debug it that way. It would be really helpful to me if you could convert all the xmls to xml modules.:please:

I PM'd Kael about modular XML and he told me that it isn't the best bet for a new mod like ours. Scenarios or mods based on SotM would be able to go that route though.

Starting Sunday I can painstakingly start from scratch to make SotM. I'll start small, add in essentials, and use vanilla graphics for a while. I do, however, want to use Geo's tech tree right from the start so that's my goal: make the mod work using vanilla art and our stuff before switching buttons, terrain, and any graphics.

I do, however, want to use Geo's tech tree right from the start so that's my goal: make the mod work using vanilla art and our stuff before switching buttons, terrain, and any graphics.

Remind me to upload my audio testmod to you. They worked here so you would at least have a working introscreen and music from day one.

Remind me to upload my audio testmod to you. They worked here so you would at least have a working introscreen and music from day one.

I'm reminding you now. :)

I'm getting off work early today, have a few "Honey do" items, and then I'm going home to start on this. I hate having unfinished business...

I PM'd Kael about modular XML and he told me that it isn't the best bet for a new mod like ours. Scenarios or mods based on SotM would be able to go that route though.

Starting Sunday I can painstakingly start from scratch to make SotM. I'll start small, add in essentials, and use vanilla graphics for a while. I do, however, want to use Geo's tech tree right from the start so that's my goal: make the mod work using vanilla art and our stuff before switching buttons, terrain, and any graphics.

:crazyeye: I only wanted to convert it to Modular XML for debugging purposes. Maybe starting from scratch is the best though. I will concentrate on the XML editor so that we can use it as much as possible and thus ease the pain slightly.

Good. :)

I have a rudimentary version running. Techs, most units, civs, bonuses, features, terrain, and some other is in. Not much linked to our graphics though.

What isn't in yet are buildings, civics, religions, and buttons. Damn buttons

With my "new" build I can attempt to start a game and then I crash whether I use the moon map or regular map. :(

I just uploaded the audio test I had running here.
You can paste it over your version but DO NOT override your tech xml.

I'm finding that Firaxis made modding a PITA with BtS in some respects. Things like Events and Espionage appear to be loading AFTER you start a new game. I'm now crashing as the slideshow is beginning. Here's the XMl error log that I hope matt can look at it. It looks like Espionage XML is hanging it up, but we don't mess with that. I moved it into our mod, but that didn't help.

Attachments

• xml334.zip
    7.1 KB · Views: 76
A question: did you start from BtS files or old SotM files with only the entries you put inthere?

Seems like your .svn question is already redundant. ;)

Then I don't understand it either, except perhaps if you copied Civ4 SotM entries in BtS files?

I'm sure I've c/p a few times... ;)

I'd be here all day and night if I couldn't at all.

Well, if you c/p whole entries, chances are some lines aren't there which are new in BtS.

Woodelf, did you have a first working version with only the techtree? Or did it never start at all?

Top Bottom