The King of the World Throne Room

America should remain in America, America is no America if there are no Native Americans to Americanise and lead to the American way espoused by generations of Americanised Americans.

Man you lost me at America.

@LegioCorvus: You can subscribe without posting: last option under "thread tools" near the top of the page.

@Neal: There's lots more than hex grids changing -- apparently one military unit per tile has been confirmed. I imagine it will be a while before people get the feel for how strategy will change. So, it might be appropriate to pause before starting a Civ 5 KotW, but it would certainly be a different experience and perhaps fun -- but I suspect starting at a lower level might be necessary.

Okay, so... The next (maybe last?) game of the series will be, as you can probably tell by the avatar, Lincoln of the Americas on Earth34. As you can probably also tell, we're not gonna be Mr. Nice Lincoln. This is gonna be a militaristic romp against a Balkanized world. So, the questions.

What level? A Deity finale sounds good on paper, but with the geographical disadvantages of starting in the New World, especially with Sitting Bull as our nearest neighbor, we may be a non-starter. Maybe just stick with the weird Deity/Prince hybrid that you get on the map? Y'know, not give everyone Archery? Or maybe just stick with Immortal? And what do we do re: South America? Do we open it up to settlement from the Inca and Maya? Given that we'll be starting nearby, this is more than a purely academic question. Any other miscellaneous settings we should enable? Choose Religions is always fun, any others come to mind?

To me Deity/Prince is the worst of both worlds. Cheesy early game for you, cheesy late game for the AI... I'd stick with Immortal if you don't feel up for proper Deity (I wouldn't :lol:).

I say Immortal and give the AIs free archery.

I vote to open up Panama and the Andes.

Top Bottom