The King of the World Throne Room

You know Neal, CustomEarth2 is waiting for you.................:trouble::lol:

I'll second that. Maybe? it will help with your lack of scouting issues. Yes Neal this is an intervention. We are your friends and you have a serious problem that affects us all. Scout more Neal. :)

We should have at least one KOTW game on CustomEarth2. The same old civs and leaders get boring after a while...

First post! :D

I think Neal should play as long as it's fun and interesting to him. He'a playing as War-Mongering Lincoln in the 34 leader game, let's accept that as it is.

Difficulty-wise, play whatever seems fun. 34 civs sounds great but I'm sure the endgame will drag on, no reason to end on a hard game that drags on...

Rrgh. Okay, I'm a bit rusty. Can someone give me a refresher course on just what I need to do to play a 34-Civ game? I think the game has changed since the 3.19 patch. What's the latest, best option?

Well, the early elimination of several of the 34 makes the later game go a bit faster. And with that many civs crammed in, early conflict is rather inevitable. Although, starting in the new world, well, there aren't as many civs to take out early on.

Hey,

I know I was supposed to have started this game a while ago, and I promise it'll begin before the end of the day tomorrow, but... What do you all think about the concept of turning on Always War? We're gonna be a bellicose jerk, anyway, so it might be interesting to see what a war-torn Old World might look like when we finally get a few Caravels in the water...

Or does Always War only apply to the player?

In my experience aggresive AI simply weakens the AI by making hem focus on military at the expense of the economy or anything else. The AI usually is much stronger overall without Agg AI then with.

Just look at monty's tech situation and overall effectiveness late game and extrapolate that to everyone and you see what i mean.

Yes, Jehoshua is exactly right. As is pretty much always the case (maybe except 'turn of tech brokering'?), anything other than default settings is an advantage to the human player. Not necessarily a bad thing, if you're playing for fun... and why else would you be playing?

Raging Barbs would effect everyone. :D
Rising sea levels could be interesting as well, though most games don't last that long.

Or just Permanent War or Peace, and place everyone at war in the worldbuilder.

Play the setting Normal. Agressive AI will only make things easier for you and Raging barbs, well remember Ragnar!

I think if you're playing Earth 34, there'll be quite a number of wars starting on their own. There are some jerk faces in the Old World on that map if I remember.

Top Bottom