Spanish Civil War ToT Mod

Thanks minipow01, I will put these to use, but I'm still after that specific sound. There was a sound effect knocking about with the same distinctive mortar firing sound as in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnIry04rMGo or this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfzyFvZzIH0

I'm sure I pinched it for one of my scenarios years ago (my Vietnam project if I remember correctly) but I just can't track it down anywhere.

Well, if you already have access to the audio source, then you can easily create the wav file yourself. Simply download the youtube video as an audio file, and then splice the part that you want. Here is an online tool that lets you convert and trim mp3 files into wav files. I used it to create two mortar sound effects from your 2nd video.

Attachments

• mortar wav files.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 198
I have taken advantage of ToTPP's new landmarks feature too add regions, major rivers, mountain ranges and seas to the scenario. As well as being aesthetically pleasing it will also assist the player in familiarising themselves with the geography without having to refer to a map.

All the new units have been added and events for them have been created. I'm currently working through the existing events to make improvements and balance the gameplay a little more.

Placing the labels is a bit of an art as they will appear on top of any units in the hex which doesn't look good. I have tried to place them on sections of the map that land units are unlikely to occupy. Air units may fly into them but that cannot be helped.

I think this feature is nice for historical scenarios like SCW, but for some scenarios with unique concepts it they could be very useful indeed. For example fantasy quest type scenarios.

Thanks Gapetit :D

Gareth,

The original version is on the Scenario League Wiki. It is playable. Tough but playable. If you can hold on for a week or two then the new 127 unit version with labels and other improvements will be ready. By all means have a go at the original version. I hade a great time playtesting it. The new version does address a few minor issues, but fundamentally the original is sound.

Just saying, this will probably be the first scenario that breaks the unit limit. :cool:

Yes, I am fortunate to be at this stage just when the latest ToTPP version has been released. In SCW the extra units are mostly about adding depth and colour to the scenario, but in say a WWII scenario they will make a huge difference, allowing a much fuller tech tree to simulate the battle for technological advantage.

I'm testing the events, especially the flags and I'm having a few issues.

I'm trying to get my head around masks. Having read through the guide on Cradle of Civilization and then taken a look at the events from Catfish's War of the Rings I want to check I'm understanding things correctly.

(Trigger part of event activated)
Flag
continuous
who=TriggerAttacker
state=on
mask=0x3
@ENDIF

Using a scientific calculator to convert the hexadecimal 3 back into binary = 11. Does this mean flags 0 & 1 are switched on permanently if the preceding trigger is activated?

McMonkey, may I ask you for some help?

It seems that you are using the additional units and the landmark function from TOTPP. I´ve activated it and tried to use the functions in game but it doesn´t work.

With Ctrl+Shift+F2 I can´t set any landmark text on my map and all additional units are unsorted on the civpedia and also not complete available via cheat mode.

Could you please explain how you got to work it on your scenario?

civ2units

The download available on the Scenario League was the original version of SCW without the extra units and landmarks. The screenshot above is from the updated version I'm currently working on. I've been a bit distracted recently with some major building work going on in my house and I haven't done any work on the project in the past few weeks. When things are back to normal I will attempt to get things completed and release the new version with the extra units and other new features. Thankfully the scenario worked pretty much as I wanted it so the changes have been bonuses rather than a major redesign or bug fix. When I throw myself back into the project fully it shouldn't take too long to get things done. Watch this space :D

I had a go to familiarize myself with the concepts and unit capabilities and to formulate a plan but I got distracted by the current game of Football Manager 2015 in addicted to at the moment (part of the reason SCW's development is delayed). Iwo Jima looks like a fantastic scenario and I'm expecting a tough battle to take the island. When I get back on the Civ2 bus properly to get SCW finished I will have a proper game of Iwo Jima. It looks really well designed and I'm ashamed with myself for not making the time to give it the attention it clearly merits.

Will tunnels be playing a part in the Vietnam scenario?

Hi McMonkey,

I had a go to familiarize myself with the concepts and unit capabilities and to formulate a plan but I got distracted by the current game of Football Manager 2015 ...

Well, if you have a chance let me know what you think. Did you find the ReadMe useful and the game concepts easy to understand?

... It looks really well designed and I'm ashamed with myself for not making the time to give it the attention it clearly merits.

No need to feel ashamed. Even though we all share a passion for Civ2, we still all have different interests outside of this game, myself included.

Will tunnels be playing a part in the Vietnam scenario?

I originally thought about including tunnel complexes but Techumseh correctly pointed out that they weren't appropriate for the scale of the game. My Iwo Jima scenario, which has a fairly elaborate tunnel system, would easily fit in a single tile in my Vietnam scenario.

The biggest NLF/VC tunnel complex in the war was roughly 20 square miles and situated just north-east of Saigon in the Iron Triangle, would occupy no more than 2 tiles.

Waiting on pins and needles, McMonkey, keep at it mate

Top Bottom