Final frontier scenario

Metro Polis

Warlord
I know I haven't contributed much to this forum, but I'll have a try now. I plan a scenario that starts with the Third World War on your home world and then moves on to exploring, colonizing and conquering the galaxy. Maybe embedded in a Star Trek universe.

Nothing worldshaking so far, but I want to start a new approach concerning the graphical design. Here's a first glimpse of the scenario's background terrain graphics (far from being perfect and without even using the additional TOTPP terrains).

Thanks, TOT is not my kind of business normally. I barely started to leave MGE behind.

Actually there is something I miss. I haven't got any civ2map.exe file in my TOT folder. Therefore I can't create a map in TOT. I have to create the map in MGE and then copy and paste it into the TOT terrain.bmp files. Then I'm eventually able to starrt a TOT game on the pre-made (MGE) map. This is somehow awkward and giving me some headache. But I don't know where the TOT map creation file dropped out.

I'm sure you will have the full support of everyone here if you need any help. Test of Time, once you get used to the minor differences in appearance from MGE, is a vastly superior game when it comes to scenario building and ToTPP has enhanced that even further. Good luck with this project Metro!

As Curt said, check the instructions on the launcher. You need to add @COSMIC2 to rules with the relevant line (IE NumberOfTerrainTypes, 12). You need to add the info for the extra terrain in @TERRAIN in rules underneath ocean. Finally you need to add the graphics for the extra terrain by adding a line under the Ocean terrain graphic. Best to read through the launcher guide for more detailed instructions, but this is the basic idea.

Okay, as there are not enough useful Mech units, I've started designing some myself. They will play their part replacing aggressive units like cavalry/armor.

Spoiler :
I had a dreadful fight with my wife over the hours I've already wasted on this project

Attachments

• mechs.bmp
    63.2 KB · Views: 124
I had to slow down pace, but am still eager to finish the scenario. The units are finally ready and I hope you'll recognize some of the aliens.

The scenario will start right in the middle of World War Three. You'll have to unite your planet first and then set off to explore the universe and fight against aliens/barbarians and rival civilizations. But it will take some more time.

Top Bottom