Quick Answers / 'Newbie' Questions

lost_civantares said:
How big is the risk of it blowing up and spewing fallout everywhere per turn?
I think it's really really small. I thought I remember seeing 1/1000 somewhere, but I could be making that up.

My question was worded poorly, but I was referring to the preference the game uses. If you have all three power plants in a city, which is used? If the city is not on a river and you're down to coal or nuclear, which is chosen? etc.

I know see that there are a lot of new models and i looked for a tutorial on how to put them in the game. The one i found called"how to export units to civ4" or something like that showed how to make a unit i want to download a unti from here and add it to my game. Is that a tutorial for that??? or is the one i found correct??

this looks good but if u download a unit do u have to make the animations and stuff efvery time??

i see but all the tutorials show how to add animaions and stuff but i can't find one that show how to get the downloaded unit into the game

Ok, now I understand what your asking, sorry about that.

I haven't tried it (I really only use full mods or nothing at all except map scripts), but it looks like you should put the files in "C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Assets\Art\Units\Scenario" and then make a file with the unit's name (ie "Fusion Bomb) and then put the files in there.

I don't know if the game will immeaditly use them or what, but you might want to try that.

Edit: This might help, though it's the actual guide to creating units.

How can i setup the graphics PERMANENTLY (not having to set it up manually everyf.....time i start the game )?

OK thank you i hope it works

lost_civantares said:
Ok, now I understand what your asking, sorry about that.

I haven't tried it (I really only use full mods or nothing at all except map scripts), but it looks like you should put the files in "C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Assets\Art\Units\Scenario" and then make a file with the unit's name (ie "Fusion Bomb) and then put the files in there.

I don't know if the game will immeaditly use them or what, but you might want to try that.
QUOTE]

Can anyone check if that will work??

:) Hi!

I can never figure out how to make any money, I always run out and can never build anything.:confused:

Also how do I put a diffrent pic on?

Krystal_99 said:
:) Hi!

I can never figure out how to make any money, I always run out and can never build anything.:confused:

Also how do I put a diffrent pic on?
This will get you started. There's probably more information in the strategy section as well.

If you're referring to your avatar, it becomes user defined once you've been registered for 30 days AND have made 20 or 30 posts (somewhere around there).

Welcome btw!:king:

I wish to play the included Europe 1000 AD scenario however its set to normal game speed with all other options greyed out, i wish to play it on marathon, is there anyway to modify the scenario so i can choose the game speed, or perhaps set it to marathon? thanks

Paridoth said:
I wish to play the included Europe 1000 AD scenario however its set to normal game speed with all other options greyed out, i wish to play it on marathon, is there anyway to modify the scenario so i can choose the game speed, or perhaps set it to marathon? thanks

You won't be able to set a time setting; it's created with a special speed setting (so it won't start in 4000 BC like normal games either). Marathon, epic and quick can only be used in standard games (So "normal" here is just the normal speed setting for that scenario).

I'm pretty sure that this will work:

Exit CivIV.
Navigate to the Civilization4/PublicMaps folder.
Right-click the Earth1000AD WBsave file, choose 'open with...' and select Notepad.
Right near the top of the notepad file, change the line Speed=GAMESPEED_NORMAL to read Speed=GAMESPEED_MARATHON
Save the file with a new name (to avoid overwriting the original game file).
Close notepad, and restart CivIV, load the scenario as per usual, this time selecting the name that you game the new file.

I hope this helps. No promises though, as I haven't tested it.

Note: you might need to change the line "GameTurn=160" as well, but I don't know what value it would change to.

i basicly just want the game to run at the same speed as a regular map would at marathon, rather then whatever it is now, which seems way to fast.

Hello everyone, I'm pretty much a noob at downloading Mods and I need some help. I've downloaded a new Civ, the scots, and two new units. well oe new unit and the other a new look for an old one. I put them in the C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Mods and when I start the game I can load them. From there they never show up. maybe I'm putting them in the wrong folder or I'm just stupid. please help me as I'm sure you guys have answered this question a million times.

Is there any map setting that I can play a land-locked One City Challenge and not fear the AI settling on an island.

My last two OCC, I enjoy being land-locked since I can get more production squares; however, I was cruising along on my way to a conquest victory only to see the AI with a city on a one square island.

If every map has a chance to develop islands, then I guess I need to get a coastal city.

Top Bottom