Starcraft and Warcraft MOD sign up.

What do you mean attatchable meshes? do you mean actually create an Orchead and then have different Orcheads on bodies? that sounds GREAT for variation and will work on it. On the other hand I was trying to create a Marine Unit for the starcraft MOD and many other because he came out really nicely from my point of view. He still needs to be UV mapped and textured then animated. this unit took me about 15 Hours to model and im still not done modeling it (I know i suck at modeling). Anway I will post a snapshot as soon as im done with it.

Killamike718 said:
What do you mean attatchable meshes? do you mean actually create an Orchead and then have different Orcheads on bodies? that sounds GREAT for variation and will work on it.
Yes that's what I mean, also to give the boyz a hunch cause the freeze animations will allways put the head on the shoulders, but for orcs it should be in front of the breast(well sort of), this dousn' t work changing nodeproperties but it will probably work with attachable meshes.

Hey, I can help out with the 3d modelling. I know they can't be too detailed, so this kinda works both ways for me (I'm used to zbrush hi-poly modelling, but this would be good practice for box modelling and spline modelling). If you need anything specific email me: squeakypants [at] gmail [dot] com

also, I use the following programs for modelling:
Zbrush 2.0
3d Studio Max 7
Photoshop CS2

squeakypants said:
Hey, I can help out with the 3d modelling. I know they can't be too detailed, so this kinda works both ways for me (I'm used to zbrush hi-poly modelling, but this would be good practice for box modelling and spline modelling). If you need anything specific email me: squeakypants [at] gmail [dot] com

also, I use the following programs for modelling:
Zbrush 2.0
3d Studio Max 7
Photoshop CS2

Thank you sooo Much for your offer and I will compile a list of units i need help with and we can do the LeaderHeads also. again thank you soo Much!!!!!!! you helped this MOD soooooo MUCH!!:goodjob: I will forever be grateful!

Here is a generic Night Elf skin that you can use. I can put any weapons you want onto it.

Attachments

• Screen01.JPG
    Screen01.JPG
    111.4 KB · Views: 173
Finally i have finished the Marine Model and due to poly limits my full expectation have not been done but it is a decent model still to be textured and animated finally my gnomon DVD will teach me how to animate and will get all the units animated. heres a screenie.

[URL=http://img432.imageshack.us/my.php?image=terranmarine9mp.jpg][/URL]

Civmansam said:
Here is a generic Night Elf skin that you can use. I can put any weapons you want onto it.
Looks good, we can use that to some of the druid units, because due to lore the warrior unit needs to be female (The senetils were all female, yet ofcourse the were male in the real army, but not as many as there were women, because most men were druids),

Wow this just came to me....What are we going to name Cities for Warcraft and Starcraft Cities. Actually I know from my little experience playin Warcraft 3 and frozen throne that the Warcraft universe has a good amount of city names but what will be the City names for certain Civs for Starcraft. Are we going to have something like Colony 1 or Colony 24 or sector 15 ? I wouldnt like that!

hmm for the warcraft one The orc capital could be orgrimar the human one dalaran the night elf one the ertnatity tree and for the rest i have no idead P.S.will the city names change with the different ages?

Wei Yan, I'm not sure.

Orgrimmar is a new city so it would not make any sence of all for that to be the capital of the orcs before they invade the human lands. So I guess orcs should have the clans first since, Orgrimmar is one of their only cities, orcs are and has always been nomads, yet they are beginning to settle down.

For the night elves it would make most sence to have Ashara as their capital, it were a great city of culture and magic. Yet then the legion came and it eventually sank into the memories of the past.

Humans should have the city of Strom as their capital. it were the capital of the first human empire, also called Arathor. The empire fell, as most empires do, and divided into seven human kingdoms.

Dwarfs is Ironforge, their old old city.

Gnomes, Gnomeregan.

Troll is Zul'gurub. It were the capital of the Gurubashi empire, who were one of twin empires who roamed the world long before the night elves.

okay youve got me there p.s nice sig form the warcraft three opening correct?

Wei-Yan said:
okay youve got me there p.s nice sig form the warcraft three opening correct?
You are absolutely correct;) Its the movie where the orc and the human fights, then infernal come and kill the human and orc.

Here is an orc im gonna Animate but i still have to learn. I did not create this orc but i just loved the way it looked soo i wanted it in the Warcraft MOD. Hey Magma what would we call him? If anyone knows how to implament Current animations please tell me.

Attachments

• Orc Axeman.jpg
    Orc Axeman.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 138
Killamike718 said:
Here is an orc im gonna Animate but i still have to learn. I did not create this orc but i just loved the way it looked soo i wanted it in the Warcraft MOD. Hey Magma what would we call him? If anyone knows how to implament Current animations please tell me.

Nice! what about posting just the head as attachable now?

Ploeperpengel said:
Nice! what about posting just the head as attachable now?

Sure no problem!! but please understand i did not create this unit or anything in it.

Killamike718 said:
Sure no problem!! but please understand i did not create this unit or anything in it.
No problem;) You dont need to change the head just cut it of and make an attachable mesh out of it, we'll have orcs then! animated! Though I'm not sure how this turns out think we just have to take that chance it will be nice:crazyeye:

Killamike718 said:
It looks as a good unit. We could maybe call it an orcish axeman or something.

shoudent it be called a grunt?

Top Bottom