Planetfall

Yo The_Reckoning, your models work fine in-game. :goodjob: The problem was me not knowing for sure what to do with KFM and putting a reference to the nif file between those tags. :mischief:

Btw, I'm not sure, do we still need a cruiser? There's some cruiser-related files in the PAK file (do you know how to unpack that?). The model is not used in-game because I don't know what the XML should look like. We're kind of handicapped in our 3D unit graphics effort because we're lacking someone with thorough knowledge on these matters.

this is awesome. subscribed to thread and waiting for patches before download.

That's just great!
I already dowloaded it and will test it after work.
SMAC is one of my favourite games (maybe the most in all the civ series), but now I can't have it running on my 2-core AMD processor (it was ok on my last 3500+, can someone give me an advice?).
But now I have a chance to play something similar (well, no unit-construction with parts and other candies, but at least this beautiful game universe).
I put faith in your work!

That's just great!
I already dowloaded it and will test it after work.
SMAC is one of my favourite games (maybe the most in all the civ series), but now I can't have it running on my 2-core AMD processor (it was ok on my last 3500+, can someone give me an advice?).
But now I have a chance to play something similar (well, no unit-construction with parts and other candies, but at least this beautiful game universe).
I put faith in your work!

have you tried the "force_old_voxel_algorithim=1" fix for your .ini file?

what kind of files are those .pcx? i cant open them

(also, Reckoning can you post your spore launcher in a format i can use? if you already have i must have missed it :p )

You can open them in any graphical viewer/editor (I use ACDSEE), originally pcx is for PC Paintbrush.

These are neat, I want to make my SMAC running on my 2-core amd processor (and desire is much more after viewing these units).
I just want to say that not those units are lifeforms. There's an alien artifact (3d line in units.pcx), and 7th line is some kind of robot-walker for alien civs. I can't remember line 1, line 8 and 9. What are those?)
Also it misses graphics for the locustus swarm. And for the island of the deep too, if they don't use modifired worm-graphics.

have you tried the "force_old_voxel_algorithim=1" fix for your .ini file?
Man, thank you very much! It works! I can terraform and smelt the polar caps with my Pirates again!!! =) =) =)

The_Reckoning: These graphics look pretty cool. :D Even if some of the more recent ones I haven't been able to check out yet. ^^;

Perhaps Fungal Tower or Alien Artifact?

Also, can you make your .max files available, the 3DS export version as well?

The mention of fungal towers makes me wonder if it should eventually be possible to grow them in cities (or surrounding fungus) as some sort of late-game defend-only psi garrison. Of course, what would also be cool is if they could be moved if certain transport vehicles were available.

Also, can you make your .max files available, the 3DS export version as well?

yes, please :D

You can open them in any graphical viewer/editor (I use ACDSEE), originally pcx is for PC Paintbrush.

ok, thanks

Okay, is it possible to add the anouncment sounds whenevr something like "a unity pod has located abundant resources" happens(in smac it would say "Nutrient resources"). I'll learn how to do it if its possible.

The mention of fungal towers makes me wonder if it should eventually be possible to grow them in cities (or surrounding fungus) as some sort of late-game defend-only psi garrison. Of course, what would also be cool is if they could be moved if certain transport vehicles were available.

To move fungal towers? I doubt one can do it... They're like mushrooms, with huge net of fungal "roots". Actually they should act as barrows, because they spawn hostile alien creatures. But for sure they should have their own psi-defence and some bonus for defenfers (yeah, organic psi-emitters should make "fortified" units stronger). In fact, it can be implemented that they will turn into barbarian "towns", but special graphics is needed then...

EDIT: Also I think it's not a bad idea to increase chance of spawning a fungal tower, if there's already one in the vicinity. Because of fungal spores and all... But for sure there should be some limit for the randomizer to spawn no more than X fungal towers near one, or we will see "tower forests" everywhere soon =).

P.S. I hope after the main work is done you'll implement random events. I already see: "Your nutrient resources are destroyed by sudden locust swarms. What do you want to do? 1) Let it be (-20 food in granary of UN.Headquarters) , 2) Try to recycle what is left (-20gold, -10 food +5 minerals), 3) Call Sid Meier (+3 :) in all cities) " =)

Okay, is it possible to add the anouncment sounds whenevr something like "a unity pod has located abundant resources" happens(in smac it would say "Nutrient resources"). I'll learn how to do it if its possible.

AFAIK the plan is to make it so you can simply run a program which will copy the SMAC original sounds, to avoid the copyright problems of putting them up for download.

.max files for 6 models
http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/62479/models.zip

* Assert Failed - CvUnit.ccp
Assert Failed

File: g:\games\sid meier's civilization 4\beyond the sword\mods\_pf bts\tmp\sdk_bts\cvgamecoredll\cvunitai.cpp
Line: 16915
Expression: false
This was the result of building a 'supply crawler' and caused a CTD. Happened at game turn 70 and used the pop-up build screen instead of the city screen. So far I like this version of SMAC, especially since I can't find my disk from that far back... think I gave it to friend when CivIII came out.

Rubin wanted to build Fungal Towers, that should become available as a city structure after "Centauri Ecology" is researched

Silly me... it was Anon Zytose who wanted to build them and Rubin wanted to have the graphics.

I might want to recommend that Hologram Theaters should give culture in addition to happiness.

.... I also suggest adding in a Mike Tyson's Grilling Machine to get rid of the unhealthy bonus for the McDonalds secret project. XD

Top Bottom