Rhye's of Civilization - the fastest loading mod Expanded

Rate this mod!

• I can't play Civ without this: no more loading times!

Votes: 203 66.6%
  • A good mod, but I won't play with it

Votes: 54 17.7%
  • I don't like the map

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • I don't like the terrain

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • I don't like the additions

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • I don't like the rules changes

Votes: 21 6.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
laxpimpj said:
what's up with the "goody huts." I loaded up RoC nine times in a row as england, every game both huts spat out barbarians.

They just going to be barbarian huts now or what?

Edit: Oh and the AI england always seems so far behind on tech, and now that Im playing as them it seems nearly impossible to keep up with the techs, and I am playing very stratigically. With 70 percent research focused on science, map making still took 65 turns.
Someone castrate england?

The goody huts are random. Try starting a new game.

About England, I spend 3 days trying to re-balance them after having redrawn Great Britain and Ireland. In the end I found a correct compromise.
But now you all tell me that they're still crippled?
:mad: I wished that was my final patch!

Aeon221 said:
Very strange!

England always seems to be a leader in the games I play; maybe its just some weirdness, ghost in the machine stuff.

Has ANYone ever played as Babylon or Israel (when was THAT added? hahaha)? If not, I just might start a game with one of them to see if it is indeed possible to even play as them haha

None of the games I have played have had any major Euro's behind on tech; however, the Americans always seem to be screwed on that account (considering that they should have a massive tech advantage over natives in terms of weaponry)

England's the leader? With what version are you playing?

America should rise after 1500; before that it will be nearly at the same level as the natives.

Israel and Babylon are difficult but after 2.60 it is possible to play with any civ, there are no "victims only"

I want to know from someone else if England is a problem that needs a patch or not.
I can't work on the add-on on a version that isn't the final, I'd have to make double updates (raising the risk of mistakes, too)

And by the way, the savegame posted by Jaguar make me worry about the tech costs. Scientific method in 1536, with Emperor level?? The tech seems going too fast. Surprisingly, one or two pages ago another user (sorry, I don't remember the name) said that it was too slow in industrial and modern...

I need more feedback on this.

Not really that important but..... have you ever thought about making nuclear weapons dependent upon a city having a nuclear power station or some kind of nuclear weapons programme small wonder? Most games aren't played that long in the modern era but it does seem too easy for everyone to build nukes. You could even make it impossible to build nukes only the small wonder produces a nuke every ten turns or so...?

about the goody huts, I tried restarting a new game nine times, every game both were barbarians. Could have just been badluck though.

Asclepius said:
Not really that important but..... have you ever thought about making nuclear weapons dependent upon a city having a nuclear power station or some kind of nuclear weapons programme small wonder? Most games aren't played that long in the modern era but it does seem too easy for everyone to build nukes. You could even make it impossible to build nukes only the small wonder produces a nuke every ten turns or so...?

mmm, no. I've never seen a nuclear war started by the AI, there's no need to do that. And what about various types of nukes.

To make the next patch something more than a fix to the English, I'm thinking of adding some other points:

- Reduce Arabian, Roman, German and French strength
- Increase tech rate a bit
- Remove the draft flag to mech.inf.
- Addition of the Colonial Empire small wonder (anticipating the Xpack). The current way is inaccurate (American and African colonies build spearmen)

Oh and what do you think if I rename the Camel Rider "Camelry"?

Will there be a smaller map released because my computer only just passes C3C Min. Requirements, and the current map takes to long to load between turns?

NDCSPURS said:
Will there be a smaller map released because my computer only just passes C3C Min. Requirements, and the current map takes to long to load between turns?
I am making a European map with the dimensions being 80 x 80, and there will be a max of 16 civs (the ones that can be represented on the map).

Rhye said:
I want to know from someone else if England is a problem that needs a patch or not.
I can't work on the add-on on a version that isn't the final, I'd have to make double updates (raising the risk of mistakes, too)

And by the way, the savegame posted by Jaguar make me worry about the tech costs. Scientific method in 1536, with Emperor level?? The tech seems going too fast. Surprisingly, one or two pages ago another user (sorry, I don't remember the name) said that it was too slow in industrial and modern...

I need more feedback on this.
My savegame is a little unusual, and I expect that most games go much, much slower techwise. There are a few reasons that tech is going so fast.

1. There are two very powerful civs. Scandinavia (me) and France.
2. We have both made huge fortunes by selling our techs to the medium strength AIs for gold per turn.
3. The extra gold per turn allows me to run at 90% science, which I have been doing since the early Middle Ages.
4. I sell my techs to the other civs pretty freely because I feel like I'm quite in control of the game, and I don't want the French to take all the other civs' gold per turn away.
5. Since only two civs are researching, but they're researching quickly, little redundant research is being done.

So anyway, I expect that my game was a little faster than usual, but you might want to change some things. And by the way, if you're still interested in knowing the discovery date of America, the French had a colony there by 1420.

Rhye said:
To make the next patch something more than a fix to the English, I'm thinking of adding some other points:

- Reduce Arabian, Roman, German and French strength
- Increase tech rate a bit
- Remove the draft flag to mech.inf.
- Addition of the Colonial Empire small wonder (anticipating the Xpack). The current way is inaccurate (American and African colonies build spearmen)

Oh and what do you think if I rename the Camel Rider "Camelry"?
Arabian strength probably should be reduced a little. French strength definitely should be reduced.

I think Spain is also way too weak. Spain should have a clear advantage over Portugal, and it should be one of the strongest civs in the Middle Ages. It's always among the weakest right now throughout the whole game.

What will the Colonial Empire do? Harbor in every city or something to that effect?

England in my game is about 8 techs behind me. Im in the medievil age as Germany.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom