MicroWorld ModPack

Sorry if I didn't noticed it, my mistake.

Just to be clear: so there's some change not marked ?
Sorry if I'm so meticulous, but, sadly, if I miss just one line of code the mod won't work as intended...

Thank you again for your time.

Some new functions are not marked but they should not be difficult to find out.Sorry but I really don't have enough time right now.I'm a college student and school days are near.

This looks great - I appreciate all the work that went into this. Aesthetically though - there are a lot of cases in which the punctuation often looks awry. There are heaps of places in which there is no space between a full stop and the beginning of a new sentence. It's a minor thing - I know, but it's kinda grating.

The Colony system I also find seems to be quite redundant - It just seems a bit odd and doesn't look like it'd do much (is it also a system in which the AI uses?).

I also saw that Portugal got a buff even though it was already quite powerful. One more question as well - in-game what does the Daimyo do?

This looks great - I appreciate all the work that went into this. Aesthetically though - there are a lot of cases in which the punctuation often looks awry. There are heaps of places in which there is no space between a full stop and the beginning of a new sentence. It's a minor thing - I know, but it's kinda grating.

The Colony system I also find seems to be quite redundant - It just seems a bit odd and doesn't look like it'd do much (is it also a system in which the AI uses?).

I also saw that Portugal got a buff even though it was already quite powerful. One more question as well - in-game what does the Daimyo do?

Punctuation:Will improve it:)

Colony:Mainly introduced to help gather corporation resources

Portugal:Was it powerful in BNW?I doubt it.

Daimyo:Replaces Great General.Enemy units within 2 tiles get -10% combat.Can be expended to start a 6 turns' golden age.

Is it possible to list all changes from the vanilla game?
There are alot of undocumented changes, i.e. making the AI less loyal and more victory competitive, warmonger threat changes, etc (And that's just from the files in the first folder). As I like to tweak my own diplomacy settings, this messes up other stuff.

ps. Portugal's colonist is op, and Portugal already has a powerful UA in this mod, especially compared to other coastal powers, i.e. Carthage is so much weaker.

There are alot of undocumented changes, i.e. making the AI less loyal and more victory competitive, warmonger threat changes, etc (And that's just from the files in the first folder). As I like to tweak my own diplomacy settings, this messes up other stuff.

ps. Portugal's colonist is op, and Portugal already has a powerful UA in this mod, especially compared to other coastal powers, i.e. Carthage is so much weaker.

Of course,I'm working on an English changelog but it will take some time.

Portugal's colonist is op
I designed it intentionally to encourage players to try the new colony and corporation system.

Carthage is so much weaker.
Why?I have buffed all 3Us-Harbor(+1 gold from sea plots),Elephant(higher combat and lower cost) and Quinquereme(Ranged combat ability).They should be pretty good at economy and naval dominance.

Thanks for the reply! Also, why does this mod process AI turns much slower than the vanilla game?

Still, Portugal's colonist should be consumed when used.. imagine a settler or an archaeologist that doesn't get consumed when used. The extra gold should be enough buff. Maybe give it less powerful buff like extra movement speed etc.

Thanks for the reply! Also, why does this mod process AI turns much slower than the vanilla game?

New systems come at the cost of speed,especially when coded in lua. The delay is obvious in the beginning of the game but should be comparably slight in the later game.I'm seeking ways to improve it but I think this problem is both inevitable and tolerable.

Still, Portugal's colonist should be consumed when used.. imagine a settler or an archaeologist that doesn't get consumed when used. The extra gold should be enough buff. Maybe give it less powerful buff like extra movement speed etc.

Will adjust colony system together with Portugal's UI in v 1.Two colonies per Explorer may be a good idea.

I'm assuming that Enhanced User Interface is not compatible? I tried setting up a game with it installed and I was unable to choose a production for my capital. When I uninstalled it, the problem seemed to be fixed. Is there anyway that I could somehow run both mods together with no conflicts? Playing with the default UI after being with EUI for so long is a bit daunting.

Other than that, the mod seems to be working great! I can't wait to experience some of the new features(i'm on epic speed so it might take a while)

I'm assuming that Enhanced User Interface is not compatible? I tried setting up a game with it installed and I was unable to choose a production for my capital. When I uninstalled it, the problem seemed to be fixed. Is there anyway that I could somehow run both mods together with no conflicts? Playing with the default UI after being with EUI for so long is a bit daunting.

Other than that, the mod seems to be working great! I can't wait to experience some of the new features(i'm on epic speed so it might take a while)

Maybe I should make an EUI version?

Just disable CityView and Unitpanel in EUI should make two mods compatible.

That's the direction I was expecting when I posted my first reply. The question I have now is this: Will I lose anything if I instead remove the "CityView" folder and "TopPanel.lua" from your mod? I went ahead and tried doing this because I didn't see a difference in the UI with your mod enabled/in the OP. Everything seems to be working as of now. I tested it by going back to my autosave and founding my city again with the aforementioned changes.

edit: nvm i don't have the notification panel(idk what to call it(the thing underneath the uppermost top panel that includes things such as diplomacy and world congress)) and I don't have the beautiful civ ribbon. Perhaps it's because I did something that i'm missing, idk. I'll try messing around with it and i'll try what you recommended.
edit2: Sorry for a long post =l. I've gotten the above problems to go away. At this point i've removed CityView,TopPanel.lua,the Popups folder, and the CustomNotification folder. I'm expecting this to have at least one(probably more)effect on the mod. The reason I've removed the CustomNotification folder was because of the "NotificationPanel.lua and .xml files inside of it. I figured that this was the panel that I mentioned in my first edit. If you've gotten this far,thanks for reading through my rambling :).

I would very much appreciate an explanation of what the folders do and which ones are safe to disable for the compatibility of EUI. I've disabled the UnitPanel but I'd like to be able to play with the CityView intact.

That's the direction I was expecting when I posted my first reply. The question I have now is this: Will I lose anything if I instead remove the "CityView" folder and "TopPanel.lua" from your mod? I went ahead and tried doing this because I didn't see a difference in the UI with your mod enabled/in the OP. Everything seems to be working as of now. I tested it by going back to my autosave and founding my city again with the aforementioned changes.

edit: nvm i don't have the notification panel(idk what to call it(the thing underneath the uppermost top panel that includes things such as diplomacy and world congress)) and I don't have the beautiful civ ribbon. Perhaps it's because I did something that i'm missing, idk. I'll try messing around with it and i'll try what you recommended.
edit2: Sorry for a long post =l. I've gotten the above problems to go away. At this point i've removed CityView,TopPanel.lua,the Popups folder, and the CustomNotification folder. I'm expecting this to have at least one(probably more)effect on the mod. The reason I've removed the CustomNotification folder was because of the "NotificationPanel.lua and .xml files inside of it. I figured that this was the panel that I mentioned in my first edit. If you've gotten this far,thanks for reading through my rambling :).

I would very much appreciate an explanation of what the folders do and which ones are safe to disable for the compatibility of EUI. I've disabled the UnitPanel but I'd like to be able to play with the CityView intact.

CityView Panel:Added corporation info,added slavery button and German UA button,fixed cultural building display and enable venetian puppet cities to purchase plots.

UnitPanel and EnemyUnitPanel:Added new unit action,fixed combat info and made "hidden" promotion invisible.

Culture Panel:Added migration info(could be removed)

Top Panel:Added warweariness and temperate unhappiness info(could be removed)

CityView Panel:Added corporation info,added slavery button and German UA button,fixed cultural building display and enable venetian puppet cities to purchase plots.

UnitPanel and EnemyUnitPanel:Added new unit action,fixed combat info and made "hidden" promotion invisible.

Culture Panel:Added migration info(could be removed)

Top Panel:Added warweariness and temperate unhappiness info(could be removed)

Thanks a lot! I've added back in culture panel for the migration info(I noticed it was missing). the CityView panel is a huge 50/50 for me at this point. I guess i'll choose the functionality over EUI this playthrough so I can experience the mod 100%.

hello, I have the same problem with Superpower mod pack : the tech tree is frozen, can't scroll it :sad:

my game said i need this to play TXT_KEY_EA67AED558594875bf3a360fe9e55d1b_description
along with BNW and G&K but i got those.
i only don't know what that the firs one is, please help me!

I know this thread has been inactive for some time, but I would like to ask a question. Both the civfanatics and Steam downloads' xml starts with "version = 1" even though both should be a few versions later. There is also no difference I've found between downloads of different versions. Is there something drastic I am missing? Have I misunderstood the coding?
Thank You.

Top Bottom