Really Advanced Setup

First off, great mod. I've been using this for a couple of days and it's amazing. There is one thing that I want to bring up though and I haven't since it discuss yet. I haven't tested it too much myself but it looks like the "Disable Science" only affects you (or maybe only human players?). I got suspicions when civilizations started building Epics that were outside of the locked era. Then my spy stole a tech from China and I was stuck as I couldn't select a tech to continue. I then started a new game and gave everyone 25 free techs as a starting bonus and everyone jump to the Atomic age and I was stuck at Medieval because I couldn't select any techs. Is this a limitation or was the option for human players only?

Thanks for the kind words - I'm glad you like the mod. The "Disable xxx" options in the game panel are actually options that are available in the standard game but are hidden and are usually only available by modding. I just made them easier to access for the average user. Unfortunately the Disable Science option has some problems and since it's built into the game I can't change the way it works (as far as I know). Perhaps I should remove that option or at least add a warning?

There is one exception. The last problem you mentioned with the conflict between Disabled Science and free techs is actually caused by my mod. If I decide to upgrade the mod and keep Disable Science in it I'll definitely fix that by doing one of two things. Either disabling free techs when science is disabled or by giving the human random techs (since they can't pick them under those conditions). Thanks for the heads up.

I don't think that will be necessary. Maybe just mention in your release notes that Disable Science only works with human players. I don't see any human players playing against the AI with science disabled. It's a big handicap. One other thing, I don't see the ability to add Ancient Ruins. It is not possible or am I not looking in the right spot?

I never thought about adding ancient ruins. I'm not sure if I'm doing another version of this mod since Beyond Earth is due out soon. But if I do. I'll add them if possible. Now that I think about it I'll look into barb encampments to. Thanks for the good idea.

I have a question for people using this mod (assuming anybody is still using since Beyond Earth came out).

Does anybody still use the Starting Settlers Optional option?

The reason I'm asking is because it appears to conflict with other mods that deal with the AI and I'm thinking about removing it.

I have a question about using saved maps. I saved a map from Communitas (Which worked fine for me, I never found a problem really.) but when I loaded it there were no Ancient Ruins. I finally found that unless you check the 'Randomize Goodies' box in the normal advanced map menu Ancient Ruins don't show up for saved maps. I can't seem to find that selection through here, and it looks like from the above posts that it isn't. Would it be possible to add it?

Another thing that I found to be weird is again with the saved map; it shows up in the options but oddly enough when I select it it instead shows up as the previous selected map. Like the drop down menu appears, I click on Frontier and it shows up, then I try to select the saved map but it shows up as Frontier again. Also the options don't change for the example given, how old the planet is and all that. The number of players and CS change though, so I don't know if it registers the change or not.

Edit: Wait, nevermind I'm an idiot. It's the Worldbuilder that you have to use to 'Randomize Goodies', not the start menu. Still, having an Ancient Ruins options would be good. For your question about Starting Settlers, I never use it.

Cool. If I do a new version perhaps I'll remove the No Starting Settlers thing.

I never use the No starting settles option either.

Thanks for the feedback. If I do another update for this mod I'll remove that feature. If people complain I could always make a separate mod for the settlers option.

Hey, great work!

Was just wondering, if I click ''restart game'', will the re-roll keep all the previously defined custom settings (i.e. start bias, bonus resources, etc)?

Thanks. I'm glad you like the mod.

Yes the custom setting will still be there. I use restart all of the time and it works fine for me. I'm usually playing a game rather than testing at that point so there's a small chance that I may have missed a problem some where because I didn't test every single option while playing.

Yea, I was surprised it kept all its settings on mod-reload, since the cache or whatever Civ5 stores its pre-game data in will sometimes clear itself out randomly (i.e. with another mod, sometimes I have to set all the map options/settings after each mod reload, sometimes it stays the same.... idunno anymore :confused::crazyeye:)

With regards to the ''relaxed'' placement option for additional resources: I find it a little hilarious how there's uranium spawning on top of an oasis. Must be some delicious radioactive spring water we got there :lol:

Yea. I usually don't use that feature. It's a little to relaxed. :lol:

But it does have it's uses in certain situations.

Not sure if you're already aware of this or not: the game crashes immediately if attempting to start when duplicate ''random'' resources (i.e. 10 additional random bonus resource over entire map) are chosen.

Is there any way that u'll add the "Hotseat" option to this mod? im used to play allways with some friends but it gets really boring to keep restarting the map to try to get something decent start.. and this mod its just perfect! just missing the hotseat D: it that might possibile to be taken in consideration to add this feature? :)

Not that I know of. I'm not sure if it's even possible. I've been meaning to look into it but I haven't had the time.

Not sure if you're already aware of this or not: the game crashes immediately if attempting to start when duplicate ''random'' resources (i.e. 10 additional random bonus resource over entire map) are chosen.

Are you sure that is what's actually causing the problem?

Are you sure that is what's actually causing the problem?

I take it back, not sure anymore what was causing the game to hang (all I noticed was that it stopped crashing on the press of the "Start" button after removing a few duplicates) :confused:, trying to re-create the crash w/o any luck >_>

Top Bottom