Special in-game rule settings?

Which in-game rule changes should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DaveShack

Inventor
Retired Moderator
This is a multi-choice poll to determine which, if any, in-game rule settings will be used. Please vote for all rule settings you agree with. Those settings gaining 50% or more of the votes cast will be modified.

If you do not want any of the settings to be changed, vote "no settings changed". Your vote will count towards the total number of people voting, and therefore adjust the number of votes required to adopt a setting.

Definitions:

Making volcanoes passable
Changing the terrain settings for volcanoes to make them mountains. (I think that's what it means)

Adjusting the AI aggression
Changing the settings for AI aggression to make them more (or is it less??) aggressive.

Tweaking corruption
Reducing the overall effect of corruption. Generally this leads to shorter games which have fewer unproductive towns far away from the capitol.

Statue of Zeus requirements
Make the SoZ wonder dependent on having horses instead of ivory. This reduces the effect of luxury resource clustering on the wonder race and makes it available on ivory free maps and continents.

Proportional naval movement
Give coast (3), sea(2), and ocean(1) tiles different movement costs, and increase the movement points of naval units (x9). This has the effect of speeding up long-distance crossings. Someone mentioned it is described in the GOTM forum.

You got Volcanoes correct and it was more aggressive.

Good poll.

For your play testing pleasure, here is a rules-only scenario file with what should be all the changes but the AI aggression one.

Attachments

• C3C Revival.zip
    29.6 KB · Views: 184
All of the in-game rule changes except AI Aggression have been selected.

The above .biq file may have the correct changes for these rules. Please, someone should check it out and verify them, I don't want to be the only one who checks. :)

I have tested:
  • Can build roads on volcanoes. No way to keep them from erupting though.
  • The corruption level was set to 50% of normal. I hope that's enough to allow some production in the outlands without it getting too easy. The AI gets helped too, so it should not be a balance issue.

I have not checked:
  • If the differential naval movement is correct
  • If SoZ can be built with horses. My test civ ended up not having horses but did have ivory, and I didn't want to tweak the map. :rolleyes:

hi DaveShack.

i opened up the attached .biq and it appears all is as advertised :) wrt the naval mvmt and the SoZ, both appear to be set correctly (3 coast, 2 sea, 1 ocean & horses as req'd resource).

one thing to consider is whether horses should be w/in a city's radius if it is to appear in the build queue. not sure if this is desired but i thought i'd toss is out there :D

Top Bottom