President Thread- Term 2

Scouting warrior-

Capital

And just for a change the victory screen :)

the warrior in the south didnt see anything so im bringing him back and sending another one off

our far away warrior must really like polly, he's still chasing her :D

thats what i was under the impression we were doing, we'll get 1 turn of unhappiness when the warrior has not made it back to the capital after we go up a pop but it should be sorted the next turn. We're going to need to decide whether to let the pop keep growing and me to whip it down or just to focus on production.

if we whip, we should whip 2 pop at once, to make sure we don't get happiness problems.
btw I won't updated the domestics thread now, as the forum is very slow.

dutchfire said:
if we whip, we should whip 2 pop at once, to make sure we don't get happiness problems.
btw I won't updated the domestics thread now, as the forum is very slow.

Thats one way of whipping or we can just exploit the bug with a forge

I'll pick up the save, as I'm the first back-up.

edit: but I don't see a new save yet.

edit2: still no save, can another official pick it up if it comes in tonight?

I am a fan of the whip in this case.. we have two clams we can work to recover pop quickly (although only 1 is improved atm), and especially to get something as important as a settler out.

Played 2400 bc

screenshots

Civ4ScreenShot0023.JPG

Civ4ScreenShot0024.JPG

Civ4ScreenShot0025.JPG

The worker was on the sheep, so I decided to mine it. I sent our warriors on further scouting, and discovered a nice spot for a fishing village.

Mining sheep:lol:
I'm sorry but it just sounds funny, even though i think it a good move considering we have more than enough food for the time being.

The fish location will be good for a 3 or 4 city

We don't have to settle the fish location immediately, it's a low hammers location, so if anyone else settles there, we can easily conquer the city.

True, it is low hammers, but with rice, fish, and clams, would grow very quickly and add some much needed and easy to get commerce to our society. May help us in the early tech races. However, our capital would probably have to help with work boats, so maybe wait until our third city site instead of second?

Maybe even 4th, or 5th, after we've secured chokepoints.

BCLG100 said:
thats what i was under the impression we were doing [building settler after axe], we'll get 1 turn of unhappiness when the warrior has not made it back to the capital after we go up a pop but it should be sorted the next turn. We're going to need to decide whether to let the pop keep growing and me to whip it down or just to focus on production.

A little micromanaging can finish the axe before pop growth or maybe that would be a good turn to change civics and adopt slavery. There is no unhapiness during anarchy.

1889 said:
A little micromanaging can finish the axe before pop growth or maybe that would be a good turn to change civics and adopt slavery. There is no unhapiness during anarchy.

thats what i was thinking we should do

edit- and cheers for picking up the save dutch, im back at uni now so can handle anymore saves :)

we need to be careful we dont spread out to far from home with city 2 and 3. Early maintenace costs will hurt us more than anything else. Its better to fill in close and expand to teh choke points than to just cover teh chokes. Civ 3 style choke covering doesnt work well in civ 4. I tried it in a PBEM and got hammered with costs. completley killed my research. Then They destoyed that city and i coudl research at a good rate again.

Top Bottom