City 4 location

Mayor of H-Marker Lake
Pull out the brass knuckles and sharpen those shivs, its time to pick our next city location. Zyxy has picked out some nice spots, but most of us feel they are too far away to be protected and so would actually be a liability. Unfortunately I don't see many good spots close by. I have marked a few that will have decent food and production but feel free to make other suggestions.

I also think we should use our extra axeman to have a look at the tiles west of Fever River incase a nice spot is hidden in that fog.

The axeman has already started heading south, i assume there is a route west in the same way in which there was one east below us.

i can move the unit out of fever river to explore a little around there, we dont really need it there for the time being as barbs are still pretty non existant, especially as them screenies are a little old now, the axe down south would not reach up north in anywhere near enough time to properly explore.

we basically seem surrounded by a bunch of not very good city sites thus far.

Well, that's true, but the fog could be hiding resources. If that axe could head out to the end of the peninsular just to the SW, that'd be good. Also, the land to the SW of Fever River might hold something.

It could indeed but right now we only have so many units, i could delay the settler build by a couple of turns to create another axe/another unit to explore.

It is only 3 or 4 turns for the axe currently guarding the hill, isn't it?

BCLG has suggested using our galley to transport a settler to these spices. I don't think it’s too close to GCA so maybe we would have room for 2 or 3 to help defend each other.

West of the spices to grab the fish, or south(east) to grab some more land?

Those spots are closer to GCA's capitol than I had hoped. They probably think of those spices as theirs. If we just take it we'd better be ready for a fight or at least a culture war. Another option is to tell them our plans and get their approval (no I don't know how).

Somebody on this team pointed out once that an ally is more valuable than a city. Wise words considering the current resources balance. Those spots on our side of the water aren't great, but they're better than war and as for happiness we do have religion to play with now.

GCA's scout was discovered there in 3360 BC

man they sure make a juicy target right now....being that they are close and the geography.

you have two approaches with two separate stacks one by land which hits first and draws support from the capital then you nail the capital by sea. OR you hit the capital then the other city.

Taking them out would give us a nice little core area for cities. There is one thing i have learned from multiplayer pitboss games.... trygin to organize an attack with many civs on a distant civ always seems to fall apart due to nothing to gain for one or more civs. Killing a close nieghbor always pays off in the end.

Right now if we were at attack anyone. We have the most to gain by attacking them. we can keep the territory whereas all the other civs we would only be removing a foe while not expanding. You go to war to win territory otherwise its pointless in civ.

I think we may want to reevaluate our long term plans now.

Dont forget people that saying 'its close to their capital' isnt really a good excuse not to build there as it is also very close to our capital also.

True, if it were not for the water in our way.

Top Bottom