Preferred Religions For All Civilizations

Mesoamerica really got screwed with not having any kind of religion native to them. Why not something based around the Sun God, anything!

Maybe a Pagan religion is needed for the Civs not following these 'major' religions?

Pagan just means "not-christian polytheistic"

And yeah religions that were pantheons... are represented by pantheons.
Maybe those empires should be biased to found a pantheon... and then not a religion :crazyeye:

<---- This. I'd like to know if it's editable in that sense too. Honestly I'd prefer no preference, except for maybe the more fanatical leaders.

good point. what xml files specifically did you find these preferences in? if the preference is just stored in that one place, then one could easily go in and modify each civ's preferred selection...

I use mods to add more Christian diversity to the game (ie, Protestantism, Catholicism, Orthodoxy, etc.) I really cant believe why more, broader religions weren't chosen to represent the New World Civs that have to choose Christianity. Something as simple as Paganism or Animism could work perfectly for them. There's nothing more jarring than a Buddhist Spain trying to convert a Christian Aztec empire!

I think Shikism would look nicely as an icon representing somethingl ike Voodooism, which would in turn fit someone like Monty. Tengirism would fit nciely for Kamehameha and Iroquois since it's mostly a "Totemism" religion.

How would Voodoo fit Montezuma? The only civilization in the game voodoo comes even remotely near of fitting are the Songhai (Because they are from west africa), the French and the Americans.

Also all this talk like "Iroquois would have fitted better with tengriism bcuz of closeness to nature rather than christianity" (not directed to anyone in particular) makes even less sense then having them being christians; the majority of the worlds ethnical Iroquois, Nahuas, Mayas, Quechuas and Polynesians are chistian.

They should have had the civs that had no clear historical religion should have had Judaism or Sikhism since they aren't preferred by anyone, so they don't take it before someone who would better fit it.

Do they have a secondary religion bias?

I feel like they do. Several religions I see go predictably second every game even if its a Christian nation.

===========

Anyways Religion makes a bigger push for new civs that fill the gaps.

Khazars or Israel for Judaism (Khazars also would have secondary Tengriism)

good point. what xml files specifically did you find these preferences in? if the preference is just stored in that one place, then one could easily go in and modify each civ's preferred selection...

I moded this:

Spoiler :

<GameData>
<Civilization_Religions>
<Delete/>
</Civilization_Religions>
</GameData>

That fixed it.

I moded this:

Spoiler :

<GameData>
<Civilization_Religions>
<Delete/>
</Civilization_Religions>
</GameData>

That fixed it.

just so i don't break anything, i want to make sure i got it straight...

you created a new mod xml file with that information? or did you edit an existing xml file? does doing (either of) the method above simply remove those preferences (i.e. create a complete random preference)? or is there a way to edit the xml to modify the existing preferences (e.g. change, say, Babylon's preference to Judaism)?

thanks for your help!

Carthage was never Jewish and has anyone noticed the Haile Sallaise has the Jewish star on his uniform so that would mean Babylon and Ethiopia would be Jewish if people are wondering why Babylon would be Jewish for long story short. Babylon conquered Israel and the Israelites were forced to move to the capital Babylon and ended up converting the majority of the people and Nebuchadnezzar himself.

True the carthagnians weren't jewish, but they were pheonician. Which is a semitic tribe. But that's ethnicity, not religion.

Ethiopia should definitely be Christian.

Ethiopia is the oldest Christian state in the world with traditions dating back to the first century CE and has their own branch of Christianity that approximately half of the population still subscribes to (Ethiopian Orthodox). Beta Israel never occupied more than a tiny part of Ethiopia, never claimed a majority of the population, and now lives almost entirely in Israel. Haile Selassie himself was a member of the Ethiopian Orthodox church throughout his entire life.

I know but the Jewish star is on his uniform so it's just a suggestion and I am pretty sure Armenia is the oldest christian state.

OK, Armenia beat Ethiopia to the "official" thing by about 29 years. Still, Christianity in Ethiopia goes back to the first century CE, which is pretty much the founding of the religion.

Ethiopia should definitely be Christian.

Ethiopia is the oldest Christian state in the world with traditions dating back to the first century CE and has their own branch of Christianity that approximately half of the population still subscribes to (Ethiopian Orthodox). Beta Israel never occupied more than a tiny part of Ethiopia, never claimed a majority of the population, and now lives almost entirely in Israel. Haile Selassie himself was a member of the Ethiopian Orthodox church throughout his entire life.

The Kingdom of Axum I thought was Jewish at first - then converted. Obviously quite a while ago.

I know though that the Jewish Ethiopians are considered by Historians as more Jewish than the Haredi Jews (The ultra orthodox jews) and celebrate rituals older and considered more original than any of those still practiced in Israel.

Top Bottom