DLL - Various Mod Comps + Civ IV Diplo + CSD mods

Another possible way (I just tested it, so I know it works) is to just download both, open both .MODINFO files in Notepad, and then copy the mod ID from the original over the Mod ID for the 34 Civs. That way you can have both as an option, but still can use the original without having to redownload it or re-unzip it. I'm not sure what the Mac equivalent of Notepad is (or if Mac can handle dll mods), but the same principle applies. Since this is likely the GUID fix that Whoward was talking about above, it's a quick "hotfix" or sorts to fix the compatibility issues for the current version until Whoward makes it standard in a future update.

Another possible way (I just tested it, so I know it works) is to just download both, open both .MODINFO files in Notepad, and then copy the mod ID from the original over the Mod ID for the 34 Civs.

Yep it what's I was talking about. And from v46 onwards both DLL mods will share the same GUID.

(or if Mac can handle dll mods)
DLL mods are PC specific code, so won't work on a Mac (unless using Boot Camp or whatever it is that will run Windows on a Mac)

I have these mods installed, but all my City State missions have "Give zero gold for zero influence" See picture. Is this an issue with your modpack or should I contact CSD author?

I'm getting a constant crash to desktop when starting a new game using CEP 3.16 with the dll v45 (with CSD v21, diplomacy - city states v2). This was not a problem with the dll v44. I'll see if I can dig up further info but I've attached the CvMiniDump file.

\Skodkim

It's a "divide by zero" somewhere in the unmodded code - wonder if this is an interaction with CEP own Plots table - have you removed the DB\API\PlotYields.xml file?

have you removed the DB\API\PlotYields.xml file?

Yes

EDIT: Just found out that it only happens with the very latest changes from CEP, e.g. since yesterday (I'm running an unofficial release). That must narrow it down a bit.

\Skodkim

BTW it also happens with v44 so it's definately something the latest CEP changes introduced. It doesn't happen with the standard BNW dll though.

\Skodkim

Is there nothing further you can deduce from it to help us narrow it down?

All I'm seeing from the CvMiniDump.dmp file is a load of assembler, not C++, with an indication that it's happening just after the DLL has been loaded. Is there a CustomMods.log file with the version and date of the DLL in it? If not, then the crash is happening before any modded C++ is being executed.

Is there a CustomMods.log file with the version and date of the DLL in it? If not, then the crash is happening before any modded C++ is being executed.

There is. Latest test was with v44:
Spoiler :
Pick'N'Mix BNW DLL - Startup (Version 44 - Build Mar 5 2014 07:54:19)

\Skodkim

Best I can do is that the crash/exception is occurring somewhere in the Firaxis string handling code within the main civilization.exe file

Best I can do is that the crash/exception is occurring somewhere in the Firaxis string handling code within the main civilization.exe file

Actually I just found the culprit. It was a syntax error in an sql file. I'm sure I tested it without your dll and received no crash, but another user (modder) experienced crashes without your dll. Anyway, we tracked it down.

Thanks for the help!

\Skodkim

Post #1 updated for CSD v22 and DLL v46. You will also need the updated "Diplomacy - City States" (v 3) micro-mod

Top Bottom