Bug or WAD?

zukkus

Chieftain
I parked 2 battleships next to hanoi and they had no effect on trying to intimidate. Shouldnt battleships add to military for purposes of extorting CSs?

What units does the CS have? I'm sure the 'military near Cs' part is the difference in power that they have to what you have within 8 tiles. Also i'm sure the closer your units are the more it increases this score, although I haven't tested it thoroughly.

City State "Defense" score:

* First off is the base reluctance of -110
* If your non-war influence is less than -30, take a -300 penalty
* If you're trying to bully for a unit (aka worker) and the city state is less than size 4, -300
* Otherwise if you're trying to bully for a worker take off -30
* If you've bullied the city state within the last 10 turns, -300
* For bullying within the last 20 turns, -40
* If the city has an ally, -10
* If the city has a pledge of protection, -20
* If the city is militaristic, -10
* If the city is hostile, -10

Your "attack" score:

* Overall military power of all remaining major civs is ranked, with the first place getting 100 and the remaining getting decreasing amounts of 100 / [number of civs]. For example, for 5 civs this is 100/80/60/40/20
* Local military power in a radius of 5 (increases with larger map sizes) around the city state is compared. Depending on the ratio of the power of your units and the city state units, you get 100 / 80 / 60 / 40 / 20 for 3x / 2x / 1.5x / 1x / 0.5x the power

Unless they have the mechanics of this of course. One change that I know of is that if you have selected a certain autocracy tenet (gunboat) your local military strength is treated as 50% stronger.

Edit :This mean that if you have bullied the city state recently or if your non-war influence is less that -30 (so the -300 reluctance kicks in) it is impossible to anything unless that modifier has been removed.

Edit: And yeah, the total needs to be positive in order to succeed.

City State "Defense" score:

* First off is the base reluctance of -110
* If your non-war influence is less than -30, take a -300 penalty
* If you're trying to bully for a unit (aka worker) and the city state is less than size 4, -300
* Otherwise if you're trying to bully for a worker take off -30
* If you've bullied the city state within the last 10 turns, -300
* For bullying within the last 20 turns, -40
* If the city has an ally, -10
* If the city has a pledge of protection, -20
* If the city is militaristic, -10
* If the city is hostile, -10

Your "attack" score:

* Overall military power of all remaining major civs is ranked, with the first place getting 100 and the remaining getting decreasing amounts of 100 / [number of civs]. For example, for 5 civs this is 100/80/60/40/20
* Local military power in a radius of 5 (increases with larger map sizes) around the city state is compared. Depending on the ratio of the power of your units and the city state units, you get 100 / 80 / 60 / 40 / 20 for 3x / 2x / 1.5x / 1x / 0.5x the power

Unless they have the mechanics of this of course. One change that I know of is that if you have selected a certain autocracy tenet (gunboat) your local military strength is treated as 50% stronger.

Edit :This mean that if you have bullied the city state recently or if your non-war influence is less that -30 (so the -300 reluctance kicks in) it is impossible to anything unless that modifier has been removed.

Edit: And yeah, the total needs to be positive in order to succeed.

Ive attached two screens. Im reading the mouse over as saying I have "zero" forces near the city-state. 2 battleships right next door says otherwise.

As you can see from the mini-map Im turns away from a domination victory. Im way wayyyy ahead in every category, especially military.

Attachments

• 2014-05-18_00001.jpg
    2014-05-18_00001.jpg
    317 KB · Views: 147
  • 2014-05-18_00002.jpg
    2014-05-18_00002.jpg
    439.5 KB · Views: 74
I don't remember the various strengths of units but there is a possibility that you local army ratio doesn't even come up in x0,5 and that means 0 points for local army.

Then 2 battleships just may not be enough. The power ratio of those units to Hanoi's units may not be enough. Though I assumed you'd get +25 (military near city-state) from them at least.

I know aircraft within a CS's radius isn't used in calculations, perhaps ranged units aren't as well. Send 2 destroyers and see if that makes a difference.

I have used all kinds of units for this (boats and armies) so yes they count. Air doesn't seem to count.

The city state has an army strength (what we see) of 200 and the two battleships have 110. The ratio here is x0,55. That would normally be enough to add 20 to your score (even though that doesn't help much).
The city state could have a ship out there sailing (they love to do that). All the units of the city state is counted, regardless of where they are. Then I don't know if promotions count. Armies have promotion that gives them bonus on a certain terrain. Battleships do not get bonus to their combat strength (only to ranged).

Top Bottom