Caveman 2 Cosmos

UPDATED: 18 Jan 11 5:15 am Version 7

Added Thief/Rogue/Assassin/Sharpshooter/Ambusher, added Great Prophets can provide religions, around 40 new buildings.

This is a NEW way to play with these new units, you cant play the old way anymore.

Between the the dec 25th version and this version I added around 80 new buildings (4 building updates with around 20 each). Also I added one promotion and a brand new civic category. Plus a bunch of tweaks to existing buildings. As well as providing the other loading screen. Needless to say I have been very busy.

Uupss! File not found... I´m afraid i'm not being able to get this one, at least not at this URL

Thats because as of TODAY i deleted it, sorry. Had to make room for updated mods.

Between the the dec 25th version and this version I added around 80 new buildings (4 building updates with around 20 each). Also I added one promotion and a brand new civic category. Plus a bunch of tweaks to existing buildings. As well as providing the other loading screen. Needless to say I have been very busy.

And thx you very much;)

I'm back on my other computer, so I can't verify just now if Java was/is the problem.

Another thing: Is Assets/XML/GlobalDefines.xml the correct place if I want to lift the wonders/city limitation (MAX_WORLD_WONDERS_PER_CITY)?

Playing on normal maps with 8 AIs, one runs out of cities in which to build wonders VERY soon. I realize this feature is probably "inherited" from another mod, but I really think there should be a limitation for wonders/era/city instead. So you can only build, say two ancient era wonders, two classical era, two medieval era etc.
Just an idea.

Anyway, for the time being, is that the correct file in which to changed the aforementioned key to "-1" to lift the wonder limit?
_____
rezaf

UPDATED: 18 Jan 11 5:15 am Version 7

This version is still a complete and standalone, isn't it?
I'm asking this because of installer size, which is quite smaller than the previous one

V6 --> 1'08 GB
V7 --> 844 MB

Thats because as of TODAY i deleted it, sorry. Had to make room for updated mods.

Don't mind, I'll try to get it in another way.
Are you planning to add new civs in a future to C2C?

I'm back on my other computer, so I can't verify just now if Java was/is the problem.

Another thing: Is Assets/XML/GlobalDefines.xml the correct place if I want to lift the wonders/city limitation (MAX_WORLD_WONDERS_PER_CITY)?

Playing on normal maps with 8 AIs, one runs out of cities in which to build wonders VERY soon. I realize this feature is probably "inherited" from another mod, but I really think there should be a limitation for wonders/era/city instead. So you can only build, say two ancient era wonders, two classical era, two medieval era etc.
Just an idea.

Anyway, for the time being, is that the correct file in which to changed the aforementioned key to "-1" to lift the wonder limit?
_____
rezaf

Yes, or you could choose the "Unlimited Wonders" option in the custom game screen to the same effect.

hello strategyonly.

In caveman to cosmos, how can we open borders with other civilizations? Usually we can once we get writing but in all the games ive played, the open border option does not appear in the diplomacy screen when i contact other civilizations on my continent. It does not even appear in red. Therefore, I cannot have foreign trade routes. The only way I found to get foreign trade routes was to build the adam smith wonder but its way after writing....

Also, are you aware that in this mod we are pretty much always in golden age once we discover sacrifice cult and priesthood? I mean, as soon as we can build sacrificial altars (which start a golden age), I am in golden age for like 200 turns in a row only by building an altar in each city. Its that way until i have no choice but to research humanism.

hello strategyonly.

In caveman to cosmos, how can we open borders with other civilizations? Usually we can once we get writing but in all the games ive played, the open border option does not appear in the diplomacy screen when i contact other civilizations on my continent. It does not even appear in red. Therefore, I cannot have foreign trade routes. The only way I found to get foreign trade routes was to build the adam smith wonder but its way after writing....

Also, are you aware that in this mod we are pretty much always in golden age once we discover sacrifice cult and priesthood? I mean, as soon as we can build sacrificial altars (which start a golden age), I am in golden age for like 200 turns in a row only by building an altar in each city. Its that way until i have no choice but to research humanism.

When i try it i had a "runtime error", then crashed...

Why ?

Which version are you on?

Oh man, I've been waiting over a week now for my new uber-computer to arrive. My old gaming rig finally wore out and I've been Civ-free since 12 Jan, waitin' on the new 'puter. I've got a nice start to v6 but the GP sounds perfect for me. Can't wait.......

I am SO BORED!!! Guess I'll wander over to Civ-5 Discussions and read about today's dramas. It's like the Jerry Springer show over there.

Same here, I'm waiting on a new computer to arrive. Hopefully managed to get in before the flood rush of people replacing flood-damaged stuff, both individuals,businesses and schools. Looking forward to my new computer rig though.
Healz ;-)

Oh man, I've been waiting over a week now for my new uber-computer to arrive. My old gaming rig finally wore out and I've been Civ-free since 12 Jan, waitin' on the new 'puter. I've got a nice start to v6 but the GP sounds perfect for me. Can't wait.......

I am SO BORED!!! Guess I'll wander over to Civ-5 Discussions and read about today's dramas. It's like the Jerry Springer show over there.

Same here, I'm waiting on a new computer to arrive. Hopefully managed to get in before the flood rush of people replacing flood-damaged stuff, both individuals,businesses and schools. Looking forward to my new computer rig though.
Healz ;-)

Good for both of you guys, you'll need it for this HUGE mod:lol:;)

@strategyonly:

I got v7 to launch on my laptop and maybe I can play a small map game. I am laughing so loud when the music started! Pure genius, sir, puuuuuure genius. I don't want to say any more and spoil the surprise for others.

Thunderbrd = Author of Divine Prophets

Ok, Limited Religions doesn't harmonize well with DP as I need to do some additional considerations there. At the moment, DP should override any effect from Limited Religions though I wouldn't know for sure as I haven't Playtested this combination.

Choose Religions OFF + Divine Prophets = Prophets may initiate only those religions you've qualified for based on the tech prereqs you've earned. Thus, if you have Monotheism and a prophet, you may spread (and if it hasn't yet been spread, initiate by so doing) Judaism. Even if you have a prophet, if you haven't reached Monotheism, you can't spread Judaism.

Choose Religions ON + Divine Prophets = Any time you get a prophet, you may spread ANY religion and if you're the first to do so, you initiate the holy city upon spreading. There is no chance of failure for a prophet.

Interesting unexpected result discovered in playtesting: The religious icon that appears overriding the tech icon in the research-able techs will NOT appear IF the religion that tech normally earns has been founded, even if no civ has achieved that tech yet. However, it WILL appear if the religion HASN'T been founded, even if a civ HAS reached that tech.

This makes it difficult to know if you're heading for a religious tech that has already been earned by another civ or not. Not sure how or if I should fix that... I've been enjoying the mystery as to whether you're going to be the first to reach a given religious tech. Takes some educated guessery to figure out how opponent x just got that prophet that just spawned... did he birth it or did he reach it by a tech, and if by tech, which one?

@strategyonly:

I got v7 to launch on my laptop and maybe I can play a small map game. I am laughing so loud when the music started! Pure genius, sir, puuuuuure genius. I don't want to say any more and spoil the surprise for others.

Yeah I can't stop listening to it. Its both hilarious and catchy. And Montezuma IS a douchebag.

A simple gameplay related question for those of you who've been playing with this kind of mods for a while:

How are you supposed to handle the gazillion religions?
I think at one point I researched about a dozen techs in succession, and every single one of them founded it's own religion. Since I only had four cities...

Are religious victories even possible under such conditions?
I saw there's a game option about "Religion decay" or something, the description of which said it'd cause "less popular" (whatever that means) religions to disappear or something - is that working as I'd expect it to from the description, i.e. like religions have developed irl over the millennia?

I felt totally overwhelmed by the tons of religions that were founded in my cities and was hoping experienced players might have a tip or two how to deal with it.

Edit: The only downside to limiting the religion flood would be the health bonus issue. Lots of religious buildings come with a health bonus, and not having them would prevent larger cities from ever being clean. Decisions, decisions...
_____
rezaf

Top Bottom