Which Beyond Earth features should be implemented in Civ6?

Civilization: Beyond Earth does have some new features that are quite interesting. Just wondering if you think that they should be implemented (with modifications as needed) in a future civ6?

1) Building quests
Assuming that the quests are better balanced than in BE, I definitely think they should be implemented in civ6. They have great potential to add more variety to buildings and give players more interesting choices.

2) Leaf techs
I don't see why leaf techs could not be added to a tech tree. And I think they have great potential to give players more tech choices. Players would have to choose between going straight for more advanced techs or getting leaf techs that give them better existing buildings, abilities, units etc. You could move some of the big wonders to leaf techs so that players who want the bonuses from wonders would have to take a detour instead of immediately researching more advanced techs.

3) Trade routes per city
I think the basic idea of trade routes per city is sound but it would obviously need to be very carefully implemented and balanced to avoid a repeat of what happened in BE vanilla. I would want only 1 trade route per city max.

4) Outposts before cities
I think this is a great concept that slows down REX and prevents players from just spamming cities and instantly getting to use them. Civ6 could rename "outposts" as "settlements" to give them a more historical flavor. Settlements would be vulnerable to barbarians and would need to be protected.

5) Synergy bonuses in the virtue tree
I think synergy bonuses for going wide in the virtue tree is a great idea. I also really like that the virtues are deeper instead of just 5 policies per category like in civ5. I feel like civ6 should definitely have a SP tree more like the virtue tree in BE that is much deeper with bonuses for both deep and wide choices.

Any other BE features that you would love to see ported over to civ6?

i saw a youtube vid on the kind of things spies can be told to do in beyond earth and i definitely want the ability to send my spies on those kinds of missions again. i need to play BE to find out more about the new stuff and whats putting me off is the talk of it being very buggy.

Small thing, but workers that can improve water tiles is nice.

Espionage and Combat in BE are awesome. Reducing city strength on <Immortal would be a nice touch

i saw a youtube vid on the kind of things spies can be told to do in beyond earth and i definitely want the ability to send my spies on those kinds of missions again. i need to play BE to find out more about the new stuff and whats putting me off is the talk of it being very buggy.

Yes, the expanded espionage in BE definitely needs to stay in civ6.

I would wait for the patch that is coming. It promises not just to fix bugs but also to make some major balance fixes that will change what strategies work best. After the patch, you should definitely try BE because it will be a really good game.

10 trade routes per city that have to be refreshed every turn.

Still waiting on that trade route simulator game that Beyond Earth was promised to be.

Spoiler :
I'll see myself out

Small thing, but workers that can improve water tiles is nice.
I want this to stay and to never leave, ever.

Hands down the best change to the Civ franchaise as a whole, since settlers were no longer also your workers(Civ3 changed that I believe), it is that good!

I also want from Civ5 that you no longer need to make roads to resources in order for them to be added to your empire, to remain.

Top Bottom