Download link and version info

Well, I've never seen a GFC error before ... I did a little surfing and found out a few things. These errors can occur if you haven't placed the mod in the expected place (ie, the DLL is at \Prog Files\Civ4\BTS\Mods\Revolution\Assets). Hopefully that's the case. Other times it seems to be fixed by reinstalling BTS ... basically, there doesn't seem to be an obvious catch-all solution. Here's a couple other people who've run into this:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=251332
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=265892
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=6530004

Thanks jdog :) I'm trying a reinstall though. Strangely, when I disabled Revolution it worked, but then again I plugged many modules into Revolution, so that may be a problem.

what's "Change" on the foreign advisor screen? I don't know that.

and is there a chance to translate this in any way? it's the only English word when I play with German settings. :D

The "Change" tab that glider1 created shows you how relations between other players have changed since the last time you looked at it. The first time you open it it will be full of 0's as it initializes, but the next time it will show things like -6 between two civs who have declared war, or +3 for civs who have grown closer due to religion.

If you can think of a good word in German to use for this I can absolutely make it translate.

"Veränderung" would be the German word which fits.

the problem is German words are often longer than English words.

as you can see, there are now two problems. the first one: "B" is missing (Beziehungen)

New version 1.41 posted, a lot of small fixes and tweaks really that I thought would be good to get out while I'm working on bigger things. Most significant feature is that now which mod components are running as well as whether all civs start as minors is now configurable from the Custom Game menu!

Full change list in the second post of course.

EDIT: 1.41 is not save game compatible ...

jdog,

i have a fire icon for your revolution button, but i couldn't find where the game gets the fist. Is it the one on GameFont.tga or is there another source for the buttons?

I don't really know the answer to that ... I just mimicked the code for the Victory advisor button, which passes "Button_HUDAdvisorVictory_Style" to CyGInferfaceScreen as the style for the button. This class isn't in the SDK, so I can't look up how it works internally ...

I got the idea for the button and how to place it from the Unit Statistics mod, which has it's own custom button icon. One way to go would be to copy what they did, which is basically just place the DDS somewhere in the art folder and then change lines 157-165 of CvMainInterface.py to:

Code:
		# < Revolution Mod Start >
		# Appears name must have a one at the end to register mouseover events ...
		if (revConfig.getboolean("Revolution", "WatchButtonInLine", False)):
			screen.setImageButton("RevWatchButton1", "Art/Interface/Buttons/Highscores/RevolutionButton.dds", xResolution - 277 - 25, 27, 28, 28, WidgetTypes.WIDGET_GENERAL, -1, -1 )
		else :
			screen.setImageButton("RevWatchButton1", "Art/Interface/Buttons/Highscores/RevolutionButton.dds", xResolution - 28, 56, 28, 28, WidgetTypes.WIDGET_GENERAL, -1, -1 )
		#screen.setStyle( "RevWatchButton1", "Button_HUDAdvisorVictory_Style" )
		screen.hide( "RevWatchButton1" )
		# < Revolution Mod End >

in case you want to try it out.

Jdog, do you think you could put the date of each patch next to its version number in the second post? It's sometimes a lot of info to sort through if you're just trying to figure out which post did what, but a lot of times its easier if you know the date. (I've been looking through different mods that incorporate Revolutions, but each one uses a different version of it and I'd like to see how outdated they might actually be in age. Thanks! :goodjob:

Version 1.42 released, all Revolution components now properly reinitialize if you change games and settings while playing. Contains other code structure changes I was working on which don't really effect gameplay.

StormLord: Done for several most recent. If you need an older one, check for date of post announcing it being uploaded.

I don't really know the answer to that ... I just mimicked the code for the Victory advisor button, which passes "Button_HUDAdvisorVictory_Style" to CyGInferfaceScreen as the style for the button. This class isn't in the SDK, so I can't look up how it works internally ...

I got the idea for the button and how to place it from the Unit Statistics mod, which has it's own custom button icon. One way to go would be to copy what they did, which is basically just place the DDS somewhere in the art folder and then change lines 157-165 of CvMainInterface.py to:

Spoiler :

if (revConfig.getboolean("Revolution", "WatchButtonInLine", False)):
screen.setImageButton("RevWatchButton1", "Art/Interface/Buttons/Highscores/RevolutionButton.dds", xResolution - 277 - 25, 27, 28, 28, WidgetTypes.WIDGET_GENERAL, -1, -1 )
else :
screen.setImageButton("RevWatchButton1", "Art/Interface/Buttons/Highscores/RevolutionButton.dds", xResolution - 28, 56, 28, 28, WidgetTypes.WIDGET_GENERAL, -1, -1 )
#screen.setStyle( "RevWatchButton1", "Button_HUDAdvisorVictory_Style" )
# < Revolution Mod End >

in case you want to try it out.

The code you had up there didn't work but I pythoned around and got it working with this code:

Spoiler :

Code:
		screen.setImageButton("RevWatchButton1", "Art/Interface/Buttons/revbtn.dds", xResolution - 28, 56, 28, 28, WidgetTypes.WIDGET_GENERAL, -1, -1 )
		screen.setStyle( "RevWatchButton1", "Button_HUDAdvisorVictory_Style" )
		# < Revolution Mod End >

Picture attached (from a previous version of Revolution 1.4 - I play RevolutionDCM). Also something struck me on the drive to work and I opted for Che Guevara instead of fire. I'm not a pinko but thought that would match the revolution flavor better than fire :D

PS - when I mouse over it goes back to the fist. Why is that?

Top Bottom