To those with d3dx9_32.dll problems

I found the file "D3DX9_32.DLL" when I followed the path from Firaxis website www.firaxis.com/support.

Choose at the left side of the page: "Classic Firaxis - Sid Meier`s Civilization IV: Warlords".

Choose "Start-up Help". Follow the instructions under "Solutions".

http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?d3dx9_32

this file fixes d3dx9_32.dll problem.

http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?d3dx9_31

and this file fixes Error Loading Shader Libraries probelm.

You must put those 2 files in your Civ folder.

This fixed BOTH the shader library error and worked around the "failed Windows logo testing" (when trying to install the Direct X update). I'm running Windows XP professional x64.

HOWEVER: instead of installing the 2nd .dll (d3dx9_31) into the civ IV folder, i installed it into my Windows directory, in System, and in System32 and in SystemWow64.

Dang it, nevermind that last message. Since i downloaded the gamee MONTHS ago, it never let me play half of the Civilizations like Carthage and Rome. I even tryed loading the new patches and Direct X's but nothing worked. Can someone please help me?

King of Celtia :king:

Dang it, nevermind that last message. Since i downloaded the gamee MONTHS ago, it never let me play half of the Civilizations like Carthage and Rome. I even tryed loading the new patches and Direct X's but nothing worked. Can someone please help me?

:) Welcome to CFC :)
Where did you download from and where did you get the patches from?

I'm talking about Warlords. I meant i loaded from a game disk and i tried downloading the new DirectX when it told me to because the online wouldn't work without it. Now i downloaded the other version from some1 else on this site so the game would even start up again. Kinda confusing.

I'm talking about Warlords. I meant i loaded from a game disk and i tried downloading the new DirectX when it told me to because the online wouldn't work without it. Now i downloaded the other version from some1 else on this site so the game would even start up again. Kinda confusing.

Just so that I understand this correctly: you installed Warlords (and Civ4 I presume) from a CD and downloaded the new patch from here. Then you downloaded DirectX and then it stopped working? What kind of error do you get?

Yes all is true but i get the error d3dx9_32.dll so i came here a couple days ago and loaded an older version from DrewTate (on first page of this forum) at this website:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en

After that i could play the game again but not all Civilizations are playable. When i start them, it freezes between the clicking the Start button after creating the game (climate, Civilization, terrain) and the "Dawn of Man" screen. Some work but most do not and i have to restart my comp.

Ya i did, that is the one that gave me the weird error preventing me from even playing the game so i re-installed a lower version to make it work.

could you open your civilizationIV.ini (in users\<name>\My Games\Warlords) and set everything that has log in its name to 1, then start a game you know is freezing and once you have restarted zip the contents of users\<name>\My Games\Warlords\logs and upload this zip here?

Right after i press "Finnish" or "Start" at the screen talking about earth forming the screeen is black fog showing the barbarian or scout selected in a different direction and the "dawn of man" screen doesn't come on. The forming of earth talking continues for 15-20 seconds then i lose my curser and the music stops and it freezes if that helps at all.

Thanks everyone above, I just upgraded my PC and am running Vista (home premium) for the first time, Installed Civ4 and got the d3dx9_32.dll error described here. My first thought was to check here and five minutes later the problem was fixed!

One thing, I didn't want to install DX9 an (possibly) mess up vista or something else so i went for the download the dll's and put them in the civ folder solution. It worked fine but I had to get three dlls, the _32, _31 AND _26 files which were all available at the site mentioned above: http://www.dll-files.com/.

Thanks again for all the good advice - what a great forum! :D

ok, i have this problem and i'm slowing reading this thread, trying to fix it,lol. After i download these DLL files,do i have to re-install the whole game? or just add the patches?

Top Bottom