Erebus

"My name is Mipe. That's all I will tell you. But I need to ask one thing:
Is any of you skilled fighter? Because if thats elf's rivals try to sabotage the ship, they probably won't leave without a fight.. heheh, that elf doesn't have much money soon, if I have counted correctly, he would give us 400 golds"

OOC: Is it so that one day in RL, one day in this game?

"Fighter!? Not me! I don't specialize in such primitive arts. My speciality lies in the subtle powers of Magic. Anyway, the name is Tsanal."

OOC: [Perhaps we should wait for the others to post?]

A hundred gold, eh? last time i saw that much was... i don't think i can remember it! it's worth it! so! who's coming with us?

my trinket: a piece of eternal ice from the Mare Frigum, which can control to a moderate degree the ambient temperature of the room.

'"Wow, wait for me!"
/me runs quickly to my room and takes a little locked chest with me. And of course I make sure Gung Fu is following me.
Back with the others, I smile and explain "Hey I can't leave without my box full of beauty secrets. ;) So... I am ready to leave. I do hope you men are somewhat stronger than you look though."

(If a pet pig would also count as an extra personal item, I could scrap me having a pet, and buy myself a piglet later)

":thumbsup: yeah I'm probably stronger than I look.. I hope atleast SOME of you know how to use swords... Don't say that we all are some kind of spellcasters..." Mipe says.

OOC: I see that almost everyone has some sort of magic item but I have normal dagger... Can I then have magic dagger? :) not any uber powerful but maybe something like easier to do critical hits or something else sneaky:cooool: ...?

[one day in game time is what GMs decide. The beginning and adventures might take longer but you don't want to travel for weeks real time do you?]
[A pig is a familiar, even if it's a lucky charm]
[You don't need to wait for others as long as you stay where you are and don't affect the environment. Such free actions are talking, picking and dropping things etc that don't manipulate the surroundings]
[wounds in eyes can be really nasty]

Mipe notices that his dagger has become somehow different, somehow sneaky by an unknown power

"I'm not stronger than I look, but I'm certainly more intelligent. And talking about strength vs. looks, I may have a few spells which may make us stronger than we look. Mostly because they make people think we look weak, but hey, I'm still searching for knowledge, so my spellcasting may need a bit work.
With time, I should be able to contribute far more."
Tsanal looks in his bag, appearing to be searching for something.
"I could have sworn I had a map in here... Too much mind magic for me, I think... When we're done with the ship, can any of you lend me a hand with finding the mage guild? I haven't been here for long, and I'd like to gain some insight on the local sorcery."

There are some sounds coming from the door

"...and make sure they don't get away. The Order won't be pleased if you fail again."
The door opens and the demagog staying in the inn enters. He looks confused at first, seemingly hoping that nobody heard what he and his companion spoke outside. He calms down a bit when you don't appear to have witnessed anything.

He has been staying there for weeks, having come just after the occupation, but rarely seen in the common room.

Mryddyn who was just a bout to speak, waits for the demagog (whats that???) to pass before continuing in a solemn whisper.
"I am a skilled archer and can hit a kidney bean from 100 yards, but with a sword, im effectively useless. I plan on not getting close enough to have to use one.
we will need to be a little more careful of what we say, if an officer from the Order hears us talking about weapons we may find ourselves arrested before we get going...
*his mood suddenly picks up as he says:*
Tsanal, i would also like to go to the mage guild, so i can accompany you if you like. I have wanted to see the Divine department since i came here and have never found the chance.

"Hmm... 100 gold. I could use the money. I do prefer spells to swords and heading to a mage guild sounds interesting"

My trinket: an expensive looking amulet that makes me look much more important and has a slightamount of enchantment that makes it faintly glow. It may make me a target for theives though

[If I move along faster than you had wanted, feel free to state what else may have happened, for example in the inn that night.
Also, the payment promised is a healthy sum, but don't assume it is the same denomination as in "100 gold" in Civ4;))]

[tab]Those who found the offer to their liking all made sure to note the address before retiring for the night, and packed everything of value before setting off the next day shortly after the noon meal. Some had the money for a meal of substance, but many were finding the prospect of full pockets quite enticing as they took the basic fare Nan gave them.
[tab]Nindoro was the first to the home, a sturdy multistory manor in the noble section of the city, by the northern cliffs. Out of habit he made a study of the surroundings, a park with the city obelisk behind the home, a market along the city wall to the east, and one row of homes between him and the shore to the north. He paused before, knocking, then decided to wait and see who else approached before announcing himself.
[tab]Tsanal and Ken were the next to arrive, engaged in a heated debate on the merits of various mana spheres. Ken was an advocate of the more obvious and destructive uses—after all, Kylorin’s own wife controlled the flames. Tsanal was hesitant to argue with Ken, but pointed out that changing a rulers mind cut out the need to immolate his army.
Ken’s retort was drown out in a clump-clump of hooves on cobblestone, and a high pitched squeal—a small pig was running down the block, followed by a young woman in pink robes.
[tab]“Gung-Fu!” Munak shouts, earning glares of a passing merchant. Noticing two adepts who had also been staying at the Ferryside Inn with her, she paused and bowed slightly. “I’m sorry, sirs, she is usually better behaved.” The pig was still running, but paused before a robed elf coming from the market. He placed a hand on the pig’s head, calming her enough to be picked up and returned to the owners.
[tab]Mryddyn’s solemn face bore a quick smile, and he told the girl, “It’s alright, young Munak, I have noticed many animals spooked today.”
[tab] “As have I,” said Thomas, “But that is an experience I’m familiar with. Are you each here for the job? There will be safety in numbers, then.” He was dressed in trappings common to traveling merchants, but under the tunic a necklace gave him a comforting coolness even in the warm weather.
[tab] The five of them opened the gate, and knocked on the door to the manor. “You are coming too, aren’t you?” Nindoro started, unused to being found when hiding, but Mipe had walked straight up to him, piercing the shadows with a practiced gaze. “You do not want for coins, I know, but perhaps it would be good to earn some today?” Nindoro stared back, revealing nothing, but the nodded, and they followed the others into the manor when the door was opened by Corvanes servant, the same pale elf from the night before. The seven of you are shown to the parlor, where you are soon greeted by your employer.

[tab] “Welcome!” their host greeted them. He shook their hands one by one, leaving a small pouch in each. “I took the liberty of cashing your payment in Swords—the currency of the Bannor looks to be more reliable here in the near future than the Lanun Sails.” (If you take out the money you see the flaming sword stamped on each one.) “There is little more to tell you about you mission, save the location of the dock in which to find my vessel. I wanted to avoid advertising exactly where in public, a pointless caution, hopefully.” A map of the city hangs on the wall. “Across the canal and to the south is the commercial harbor. After the second pier the Long Vision is docked. There is a warehouse nearby that is abandoned, it should provide a suitable hiding place from the Bannor should you see a patrol approaching. Again, I hate to involve strangers in something that is, strictly speaking, against the law, but I am in a bind, and you should not be in too great trouble for simply breaking curfew.
[tab] “I expect no trouble before sundown, my rivals are not so brazen. But be there each night until my inspection next week, if you want your payment. If you want for weapons, I can provide you with staves that should be acceptable even under martial law—or at least appear so.” He takes one from a rack, showing how to unsheathe the blade hidden inside. “Less effective than a sword, but discrete.”

“If you have any questions, I can help you… other wise you are free to attend to your business until dusk.”

"Considering that we are in a bannor city i think we should try to avoid useing and death or entropy spells. We may also want to be cautious with fire magic to avoid destroying the boat."

I kinda like watching fire magic though. :(
Perhaps we should go all to the market hereafter with our newfound money and buy provisions and some other equipment that may help us filfull our task this week?

Mipe talks to pale elf;
"I would like to have stave, almost everyone here is a magic casters but they aren't probably prepared if their magic doesnt work..." *mipe takes the stave and then walks little away from elf* He then goes to others and is careful that no one else hears him:
"you probably shouldn't probably buy the food for all week already because I may get them easier from the ship or the warehouse.."
"But what are your all names? I only know Mryddyn and Tsanal... And my name is Mipe"

ooc: :thumbsup: nice job with me nikis-knight! I would have done exactly like that..

Bad Player:
Name: Nindoro
Race: Human
Profession: Rogue
Deity: Agnostic
Alignment: Neutral-Evil

Strength: Low
Agility: Very high
Constitution: Average
Intelligence: High
Wisdom: Average
Charisma: High
Mana: High
-Charm person/ladeez-*please explain what it does*
*stats too high, please lower by 7 steps*

Inventory:

Introduced as Nindoro though many call him Bane. Nindoro arrived in Paradera from Bannor lands with the occupation of Paradera. Making the most of the hustle and bustle of a port town, Nindoro has been able to remain discreet as he fleeces the sheep of the town. Sometimes a crazed look in his eyes reveals his troubled past and the many personal demons he is fleeing.

-Charm person/ladies- is like this :deal: and this :groucho: !

OK I make constitution low (from av) and wisdom low instead of av, and mana average instead of high. Do I need more off? EDIT: Have I taken too much off?

"Hello Munak! and *GROINK* to you too Gung Fu... that name sounds so stealthy..."

ooc:bad player nice choosing special ability:groucho: and you need to take something one step down

OK take intelligence down one notch from high to above average please. EDIT: It's unlikely I will be able to post again until Sunday Australian time or maybe Monday arvo Australian time. Sorry.

Thanks mipe. BTW I hear there is a female to party with in our party. :groucho:

*Gung Fu, attracted by Nindoro's irresistable charm, moves to him and starts licking his shoes.

Top Bottom