Erebus

Demagogs are servants of the Order, but not of the priestly path. They are agitators who help to increase support to the army and lift people's spirits during war-time, but they are sometimes used to change the popular opinion against certain people or religion. The nasty side-effect of this is the occassional lynching mob, however, those are strictly forbidden by the Order and Demagogs abusing their power find their careers cut short.

You all take your staves as having some self-defense won't hurt.

I don't have much but I do have a few coins I aquired from some widow after she left an Order church and I managed to sell some orphan's dog to a butcher for a few more coins. Oh and I stole a bunch of keys from a city guard...

*Mryddyn takes the stave off of the pale elf and examines it*
"this is a well balanced stave. i think i shall get some practice using it before we go to the docks. i have not used one of these for a long tiem, but im sure ill remember fast enough. *he throws a grin at his new companions* care to join me?"

EDIT:
heres a picture of Mryddyn:
Spoiler :

ive got the same modle at home, but mines painted differently (this is better:p)

"Nah, I go to that warehouse to see if there's anything to ste-- I mean, to look if any stuff that doesn't belong to anyone..." I hope no one attacks me on way to the warehouse.. but I have my sneaky dagger so I probably will be fine, mipe thinks
*Mipe starts to move towards long vision and that warehouse*

ooc: How does fighting work? Is it that simple that we tell what we want to do and DM rolls the dices and tells how much dmg we have done? what about stealing, or as I like to call it "changing the owner of item:rolleyes: "?
also, Bad Player, you have a nice girlfriend :groucho:

[There is no hitpoint system in this game, which is one of its major differences to D&D. Instead the damage will be defined by words such as wounded, injured, poisoned etc.]

[Agility, defense skill and shields increases the chance of dodging/blocking enemy hits.]

[Agility and weapon skills increase the chance of hitting the enemy.]

[Strength, weapon and weapon skills increase the chance of scoring more dangerous hits.]

[Hardiness and armour decrease the chance of getting hurt.]

[Different spells might affect any of these.]

[When you want to fight, you tell how and what you want to fight. Then the game engine (me) rolls the dice and checks the results.]

[If someone would want to steal (sure you won't, you are law-abiding...) they should tell what they want to steal and from whom.]

[The results are similarly counted as with battle.]

[Agility increases the chance of successful pickpocketing, but you can steal and break the law also in other ways.]

[With magic, you tell what you want and I check the results based on your mana, spell spheres or deity etc.]

[Of skills: you don't have them yet but as you train you might get some indicator of your abilities. It's only combat- and magic-related ones and specials as I assume everyone knows the basic things like wearing a shirt without any specific skill. Also the list keeps simpler]

[*Simply: you tell what you want to do, I tell the results.*]

Tsanal smiles at Nindoro and Gung Fu, and says: "How cute... I think I'm going to the market to look for some cheap reagents. Wanna come Ken? I'm interested in hearing more about the theory of force magic."

OOC: [1: My character isn't "hesitant to argue". He LOVES arguing :lol:. 2: Stop making bacon out of Gung! 3: How strong is the magic I start with?]

[You can't know the strength of your magic if you have never tried it. (It's something around FfH lvl 1 spells.)]
[if you make bacon from Gung Fu, the Dragons will avenge it]

[Please use PC names when referring to them]

Sorry. I don't know them by heart yet. And I didn't feel like checking the first post.

I'd like to inform btw on the prices for
chopsticks (I was born on a plot with a Rice Bonus :mischief: )
12 hairpins
a leather backpack
flasks of oil
Tinder Box, with flint & steel
incense sticks
and check if there are war fans/tessen for sale somewhere in this city, hoping that the Bannor would not recognize its use as a weapon.

"Tessen (鉄扇) were folding fans with outer spokes made of iron which were designed to look like normal, harmless folding fans or solid clubs shaped to look like a closed fan. Samurai could take these to places where swords or other overt weapons were not allowed, and some swordsmanship schools included training in the use of the tessen as a weapon. The tessen was also used for fending off arrows and darts, as a throwing weapon, and as an aid in swimming, like hand-flippers."

Mipe got to the warehouse but to his unfortunate, there was nothing valuable left to take...
"hmmh... If work starts in few hours, I would need some sleep, but if there comes some thiefs, they will rob me blind if I sleep... A HA! now I know how to do it.. if I put this thing here.. and this thing there..." and soon, Mipe made really simple alarm clock. Rope across the door, and when someone steps in, the cans start to make noise and Mipe would wake up.
"*yawn* now that the alarm is made, I can just sleep here for some time... zZzZz.... zZzZz..."

ooc: I hope that magics dont cost any reagents/other indengriends (cant spell it... :( )

zxcvbnm said:
If someone would want to steal (sure you won't, you are law-abiding...)
yeah... just ignore these parts from my background and everythings fine..
ME! said:
...Mipe's mother, a thief... At age of 6, Mipe's parents started to teach everything about their careers...

Spoiler :
My character isn't "hesitant to argue". He LOVES arguing
Very well, I wrote that because Ken is more charismatic but still not easy to get along with, so probably forceful and intimidating in an arguement.

Remember with imagination you can make weak spells quite useful--if you can't force someone to leave with your mind magic, animating the skeleton of a dead rat could frigthen them away, for example.

[tab]The market contains many stalls from a variety of merchants. It is near the nothern wall fort and the up the road from the governors manor, so the people are generally well behaved, but of late the guards have more important things to do, so there are none to actually be seen around. Most of the foreign luxories are out of stock. There is a couple of stalls catering to the needs of the Bannor soldiers, selling some of the religous iconography of the Order--though the merchants don't look religious, and it is likely yesterday they were selling a wider variety of pagan wares. Incense is here, a small sample can be bought cheaply, since the vendors usually deeal in quantities needed to temple rituals.
[tab]There are grocers as well, though you are spared the stench of the fish market, which is larger and housed by the slums. You can find cured meats, though they are more expensive than seafood is in town, and travel bread.
[tab]Of note, perhaps, are a couple of magical vendors, one run by an old Amurite woman and another by a Svartalfar elf in unusually garish clothes. Nothing radiates great power, of course, and the two merchants tell anyone who will listen of the inferiority of the other's goods. It's possible both are right, though you should be able to meet your basic needs.
[tab]Munak finds the traveling supplies she's looking for for a couple of coins, though no one has heard of the war fan. A dwarven smith listens to her description, though, and promises he could make the frame by tomorrow in his shop; she would need to procur the paper, however.

[don't know how it is in D&D but in Erebus magic costs only your magic power, which will regenerate over time. Having cast spells will reduce the chance of success for following ones because of the slight exhaustion.]
[reagents are needed mainly for alchemy but they have their other uses]

The demagog who has been spending the last weeks in the same inn as you suddenly runs to you.
"At last, I've been having an eye on you lot for weeks and finally I understand what you really are!"

You are shocked at first

"You are mighty wizards sent by Junil to help me in my almost impossible task!"

You don't get any time to answer to that as he just keeps going:

"Look, I need your help. We are hunting down a dangerous cult and you could help in that. If you assist us I can reward you somehow. My pay is lousy and the food is as bad in the army as everywhere else, but being favored by the Order won't hurt here."

"Just report any illegal activity, religious heresies and resistance to me, and bind their minds with your spells so they will confess everything."

[and try that magic, it shouldn't hurt]

After the Demagog has left, Tsanal whispers to the others:
"I don't really know if we should help this guy. I mean, how can we be sure we're helping the right persons? Helping defend a ship doesn't give any negative consequenses, but reporting someone for something we don't have any part in?
Why should the "heretics" be more evil than the Bannor?"

After talking a bit more, he goes to buy some small trinkets he could enchant if needed, and some paper and ink, so he can keep notes.

[Nikis-Knight: Never mind then, I had just misunderstood you. Sorry :) .]

"and besides guarding that ship dosn't make us law-abiding either"

OOC:zxcvbnm, can you please add my personal item to the first page? its supposted to be a charisima enhancing amulet:
My trinket: an expensive looking amulet that makes me look much more important (and thus able to convince people more easily) and has a slight amount of enchantment that makes it faintly glow. It may make me a target for theives though

I don't see why we shouldn't help him... like you said, the heretics can't be more evil than the Bannor, so, the way i see it, if we help him, were just making the world a better place. and he might reward us. 100 gold is quite alot, but not enough...

[how will we keep track of time? is it night now or day?]

Mryddyn practiced for hours using the staff, but he quickly remembered some of the more exotic moves with the weapon. looking at it he feels it required some extra something... he concentrated on the staff and suddenly it strated shifting and changing twirling and twisting. at the top short branches grew out and weaved around each other. looking at his work he smiles briefly.

He decided to then follow the others exaple and headded off to the markets.
Here he is looking for a herbalist so he can buy an assortment of plant seeds, (promarily Ivy, Briar and reagents, and several healing slavs and herbs.) a carpenter so he can buy some lenths of wood, he especially wants a couple of long shafts of Yew (to make a bow and arrows out of with his gloves) he is aslo looking for some good strong string (usually made from specially worked animal intestines, normally rabbit or deer) and goose feathers (for the arrows feathers), so he goes to the general store.

having been away when the man from the inn ran through, he is unaware of the potential for the new mission [can you try make sure that were all together when something happens, so all out characters sty informed?]

If you didn't explicitly say you weren't going with the others, you can assume you were there; we'll take people's time zones into consideration.
It isn't yet night; Since BP said he won't be around Saturday, we'll wait until late on Saturday before anything critical happens.

Top Bottom