Still playing or waiting for BNW?

LARulz

Chieftain
Simple question, sorry if its been asked, was just wondering if people are playing the game while they wait or just stopped till the new pack comes out.

Hadn't played in a while and undecided if I should bother playing again or not when the new pack is out in a few months

Im still playing, early game is very engaging, but as has been said, once you get into the modern era and beyond, you find yourself just clicking "next turn" a lot, and you find yourself not as engaged.............but BNW will fix that....hopefully!

I've been playing a lot recently... sometimes I get sick of it if I am playing what seems to be the best strategy... I keep trying some other strategy that doesn't work, just to test it out, come back to playing however, and it can be like playing a new game. Might be running out of strategies to try though...

I stopped playing a little while ago actually. Now I'm playing IV, but I can't sit and play a full game of IV like I'd play with V.

I'm still playing. I'm actually playing a really fun game on small continents with Korea (who is one of the few civs I've never played as before). I'm really enjoying it. I had Babylon as a neighbor, which was very interesting considering we were both science based. We were neck and neck with science in medieval era and they kept pumping out wonders. Sooo, I put a citadel right next to Babylon (it was only three tiles away from borders protected by two mountain passes) and took it. Next Japan was wearing my other neighbor (Songhai) down and about to take their capital (which was also about 2 tiles from borders. I did the dirty thing and DOWed Songhai right before Japan took Gao and took it myself. I reaped the benefits from their hard work! Anyway, I'm still in heavy competition with Siam right now, which is cruising toward a cultural or diplomatic victory at about the pace that I'm cruising for science. They are on another continent though, so we'll see. This game would be real interesting with trade routes though...:)

I wasn't really playing before this expansion news starting coming out. I've put in 70~ hours since. :mischief:

Stopped playing for a while. Started to play a few games again when the news got out. But now I stopped again and I'm waiting now and lurking around the forum for any news :).

I am still playing and quite addicted. BNW is going to be incredible I have a feeling. Since paradox Games were mentioned in another thread. I am truly considering another go at Victoria II.

I'm still playing, but I find myself thinking about how I would hook up trade routes and how I could leverage the World Congress to foil my rivals.

Currently playing as Catherine in the 1800s, up against Ethiopia playing very wide (Has the most land and cities, with only one puppet!) It's likely because I turned culture win off, but maybe BNW will change my mind on what is currently the most boring win.

Truth be told, I have been a bit unable to play in the last few months, and when I did, I would play other games (like Crusader Kings II).
The announcement however has awaken my drive to play again, and the other day I finished the game I was playing as the Mayans! :) Now I'm all fired up to play another game, maybe a small continents as Carthage! :lol: That sounds fun, and I'll get to try out the map script for the first time (I usually play with continents or fractal)! :)

I'm mixed. On one hand, I've certainly been playing less, partly because CoH2 beta for Steam pre-order just opened, partly because BNW will mean having to relearn CiV again and I don't feel like playing G&K as much when I know BNW is coming up. On the other hand, whenever an expansion is due to come out, I tend to play civs I don't usually play as much because who knows how the new features may change which civs are fun or not, so why not be familiar with all the civs. So, give and take.

Have been playing a very engaging archipelago domination game as Denmark. Blitzed island buddy Korea with Bersekers and took 6 wonders :)eek:) before turn 100! Next I romped Arabia with Berserkers and just conquered Attila's Court. Built an awesome navy with the naval power of Gods and Kings and preparing to siege Munich and Berlin...after that it's Alex. I'm thinking :nuke::nuke::nuke: :lol::lol::lol: ! Except that with all the naval action I can almost see trade route lines across the seas :( !

I was playing as Russia on the Earth Map and I was in the 70s, rushing for nuclear weapons to prevent the Mongols getting past the Urals and the French taking Murmansk, but then the save messed up which sucked. Now Im too excited to start another game D:

Yep still playing, mostly because I was auto choosing Liberty forever and have now switched to Tradition. Having 4 megalopolises spewing out units is pretty awesome.

I wasn't really playing before this expansion news starting coming out. I've put in 70~ hours since. :mischief:

Same. I even completed a game on Prince for the first time. :p

Top Bottom