Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Good.

Votes: 6 27.3%

• Total voters
Sarevok,

TROW is an excellent scenario.

I think it would benefit from one change:
An Battle-created leader that could build
an Army-type unit with transport-capacity 2.

Best Regards

Rocoteh

Originally posted by Sarevok
i wish it could work like that, but the strategists were not common in this age while regular warriors were VERY common.

Sarevok,

I see.

Bug detected:

On General Settings you have Warrior as Battle-created
unit.

If you go to units "Available to", Warrior is checked as
available to no nation/fraction.

Thus it never will be created.

Rocoteh

Posting this with the game up. I am currently playing as Shu, and am very impressed. Good solution to the heroes! Is Jiang Wei somewhere in the scenario? I do not see him with Shu, although I know that he was Wei for a good while (cannot remember the timeline anymore).

He was pretty major!

Command Barges do not allow transport, but all transport units seem to upgrade into them. This is might be a problem later on. Very sweet map.

I left this open and played for a few hours, and it works really well. Heroes are ultra valuable. I would never have been able to stop the Wei offensive without them. Arbalest is pretty useless compared to heavy catapult (which is almost too powerful, definitely do not give it lethal bombardment of any kind).

Well balanced, well designed, well thought out!

Congradulations on making an amazing scenario. Now go work for Activision and straighten things out!

I had a quick look at your scenario, and it looks nice. I just wanted to ask one question. Why don't you, for instance, use the Asian (Japanese) units that come with Conquests? I think it would look much nicer to have Asian style workers and the Shogun or Minamoto Samurai animations rather than European Medieval Infantry or Crusaders...

I considered that, but It is a very different culture gap between them. I probably will end up doing it as its not as big of a gap as the one being implemented already.

There are some nice Chinese unit animations in the forums, but once you decide which unit should be which, changing from the European to Japanese animations is five minutes work :) (perhaps ten with the icons). As you point out, the latter culture gap is considerably smaller, and you get 23 megs of unit animations for free since they are already on your hard disk. :D

Ok here is bug.
Rattan warrior have enslave ability but does not enslave unit, so it does not work. In general all Rattan units are useless... May be just elefants but knights are better because faster.

I could not produce any warriors or leader from the battle. So I have played without army (I could not build them as well)

The recearch after certan point is annoing. With 10% invested it gives best time of 12 turns. So I have huge amount of money that I am leazy to invest anywhere because it is enoughf without it.

I have play rize of Wei with aroung ~70 my own workers and some capitured that could not clear even 10% pollutions.. But I really does not care because my opponents with just 2 workers on a square have worth, no not worth an undefended postions.
I think that scenario should have some domination level.
On 104 turn I fight for last 1 town standing.(I have play Liu Biao)
That should be surrender already because proportions of power not even close.

The other bug I have reported AI does not use warrors because they does not have specified how.
And heavy Catapult is a best unit in the game. With knowledge that AI could not handle artillery AI have no chance at alllllll.

Archers are useless complitly.
Actually the only 3 important units end up is follows: pikemens for diffence, heavy catapults and medium cavalry. All other units have no other use then meat :)

PS.
The Option required support is really funny here. Ech swordsmen comes with his own pikeman then swordsmen dies on attack and here bunch of pikemens around could not do any thing. I do not think AI can handle it well. I think except archers that are useless only marines and catapults should have this options otherwise AI got to many pikemans... I think all units stats should be a little bit refactored.

Originally posted by Sarevok
I am delaying all TTK add on scenarios indefinetly EXCEPT The Northern Campaigns for April 4 and The Rise of Jin for April 10.

Eh.. so you mean the only new scenario's we will get are TNC and TRJ? No Battle of Guan Du and Chibi ect?

Top Bottom