Vanilla

TractorBoy

Prince
Why can't you separate this forum into three categories? This is a question for the guys that run this forum. I don't want to read G&K or BNW nonsense, another guy may not want to read VANILLA or BNW, why can't they be completely separated? I AM TOTALLY PISSED OFF WITH RESPONDING PEOPLE BEING ON THE WRONG TRACK.

BNW did have a separate forum prior to the fall patch. As did G&K prior to its fall patch the previous year.
Both starting when those expansions were announced.

Right after release though, in both cases most questions in the general forum was about the expansion and very few were vanilla specific.

Mate just cool it down a bit. If you have a Vanilla orientated question be sure to write Vanilla: (Insert Question Here)

I had the same problem but just some looking on the Civ 5 wiki and all made sense.

You can prefix a thread with a Vanilla, G&K or BNW tag, and you can sort the threads by prefix. If you forget to apply a prefix when you create a thread, just PM a moderator or report your own post and ask for the prefix to be applied.

If you browse the forums for the earlier games, you will not see separate subforums for the various iterations of those games. They also have a suite of prefixes available.

You can prefix a thread with a Vanilla, G&K or BNW tag, and you can sort the threads by prefix. If you forget to apply a prefix when you create a thread, just PM a moderator or report your own post and ask for the prefix to be applied.

If you browse the forums for the earlier games, you will not see separate subforums for the various iterations of those games. They also have a suite of prefixes available.

I have been aware of the prefix for quite some time, but from what I can see the prefix is rarely applied. Maybe the use of a prefix could be made compulsory?

What I find extremely irritating are the many threads containing responses from members that have got the CivV game types mixed up, sometimes by accident, and sometimes because they want to belittle other guys that don't play their favourite version.

I have been aware of the prefix for quite some time, but from what I can see the prefix is rarely applied. Maybe the use of a prefix could be made compulsory?

What I find extremely irritating are the many threads containing responses from members that have got the CivV game types mixed up, sometimes by accident, and sometimes because they want to belittle other guys that don't play their favourite version.

The prefixes are pretty much required for clarity. You seem to be tripped up by the prioritization of prefixes. Most players on this forum have BNW therefore a topic regarding BNW does not require a prefix because it is assumed that the topic poster is referring to BNW. On the opposite end of the spectrum, Vanilla topics are rarely seen anymore and therefore should have a Vanilla prefix.

BNW = default, no prefix
G&K = use a prefix
Vanilla = use a prefix

Thanks Joncnunn, Browd and Eagle Pursuit for your explanations, I was under the assumption that G&K is still the default due to so many members using the BNW prefix when it is actually not needed!

I'd think the ones most affected by this would be the vanilla users who don't include a prefix. Either, because they aren't aware of the expansions, or they don't realize that it could make a difference.

There used to be vanilla and bnw forums but now cfc has the forums merged into one.

Top Bottom