Is it possible to switch ideologies for the purpose of wonder building?

whismerhill

Chieftain
as in the title ,
Is it possible to switch ideologies for the purpose of wonder building?
so that you build for example the statue of liberty AND kremlin

will that work ?

Yes
I have done it couple of times.
But the prerequisite unhappiness is difficult to achieve sometimes and it ruins your chances at cultural victory

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What a nice idea though, isn't it?

Such a trollish tactic, for sure. "AI thinking" that he's going to be all clever and picking different ideology for good chance at powerful late-game wonder :D

Against human player though, it would not be good to stay in unhappiness for long time. If you could notice it, and declare war, pillage a couple luxuries with scouting units, there will be massive combat penalty and rebel units.

You could do it, it wouldn't be worth it, but you could

I thought for some reason that it had been set up so that if you changed ideologies you "lost" the associated wonder, specifically to prevent you from being able to do this.

I thought for some reason that it had been set up so that if you changed ideologies you "lost" the associated wonder, specifically to prevent you from being able to do this.

No, you can build (and keep) the Statue of Liberty, Kremlin, and Prora by switching to the different Ideologies. However, I'm pretty certain that you can't just up and switch Ideologies on a whim. You need to be under severe Ideological Pressure from another civ before the option to switch becomes available.

No, you can build (and keep) the Statue of Liberty, Kremlin, and Prora by switching to the different Ideologies. However, I'm pretty certain that you can't just up and switch Ideologies on a whim. You need to be under severe Ideological Pressure from another civ before the option to switch becomes available.
yeah that sucks xD, I thought you could switch ideologies anytime

I think I have too much happiness at this point, maybe if it lowers along the game, I could try to trade away my luxuries

thanks for all answers

If you really wanted to you could start building a trading post on top of all of your luxuries and immediately begin rebuilding the improvement. Pause the worker when there's 1 turn left until you've successfully switched ideologies.

Top Bottom