There's an option to liberate no option to view?

Juanholio

Warlord
I've just been offered two cities as a peace deal. I decided to raze the first but have no idea what the second is like. Since it was a captured city I have the option to liberate but not view.

I've noticed this before later in the game when I'm usually puppeting by default or have enough knowledge of the map to choose. Not sure why this is, maybe to encourage you to liberate?

I've just been offered two cities as a peace deal. I decided to raze the first but have no idea what the second is like. Since it was a captured city I have the option to liberate but not view.

I've noticed this before later in the game when I'm usually puppeting by default or have enough knowledge of the map to choose. Not sure why this is, maybe to encourage you to liberate?

There can only be four options at a time I've ever seen. For some reason they didn't add a fifth option, which is silly, there could be wonders inside that city that you didn't know about or that you can't even check now without puppeting or annexing the city, then obviously you can't liberate it if you do one of the two options.

TL-DR, Oversight.

Yeah I think it's just a simple UI thing. Turns out this city had access to GBR but was surrounded by desert and completely untenable. It also had the writers guild built when I didn't so that stays. Now I have a useless pop 2 city with writers guild.

If I raze it does that reduce the policy/science penalty? If I could have viewed it I'd have razed it instantly. Might sell it later in the game, current offers are weak ;)

Top Bottom