"ow now the vermin are breeding"

It means that they hate you and you made an declaration of friendship with someone they also hate.

No, it means they denounced or are about to denounce someone you like (you don't have to have a DoF with the civ they're denouncing)

I wish I had an actual FU type of answer, so that they know how I really feel. I would also like the ESC button to close whatever diplomatic window is forced upon me, because FU. Know what I mean?

You know what? I'm gonna make a mod for this.

You know what? I'm gonna make a mod for this.

Make sure you put that in as an answer to "What are your troops doing on my borders?"

Option 1: War, no diplo penalty
Option 2: Nothing, huge diplo if you do war.
Option 3: None of your **** business!, small diplo penalty (like spying)

Make sure you put that in as an answer to "What are your troops doing on my borders?"

Yeah...that would be nice...most of the time...not always...but most of the time...if I'm challenged about my troops and I just start the war. I'm going to do it anyway at some point and I just suck up the short run problem of starting the war before I'm fully ready.

Even more annoying is when someone you have no intention of attacking challenges you....then you pretty well have to say "just passing through" and you've kind of closed down the war option with that civ for.... what is...??...30 to 50 turns???

No, it means they denounced or are about to denounce someone you like (you don't have to have a DoF with the civ they're denouncing)

I'll take your word for it, but in the past few games I've played, I've gotten that message when I DOF'd the civ about to be denounced.

How does the AI know if I'm friendly with someone if I don't have a DOF? Just because I trade with them or haven't denounced them? Is there some criteria?

My favorite is when they forward colonize an area far away from their empire to box you in and then complain that you are colonizing near them or that you have military units in their vicinity. I usually disregard anything else from them and immediately go to war with them. Warmonger penalty be damned.

Ais also have an opposite to this, where congratulation comes for liking someone the ai likes.

That might require dll modding. I was just thinking of replacing "You will pay for this in time." with "Eat a dick!" and when the AI taunts instead of "Very well." you can replay "How do you keep getting into my office?"

That might require dll modding. I was just thinking of replacing "You will pay for this in time." with "Eat a dick!" and when the AI taunts instead of "Very well." you can replay "How do you keep getting into my office?"

You sir. Are. A. God.
Besides of course Morgan Freeman

Actually, you do have to have a DoF with the civ in question. How else would the other AI know that you liked them? :D

It means you be makin babies (Declaration of Friendship) with their ex (Someone they recently Denounced).

Top Bottom