Brainstorming Thread: Middle Earth scenario

Actually I thought about "Ride of the Rohirrim" world spell too :p.

I just don't want to make it to be Spells only, I'd prefer civilization-wide effects.

P.S. Also named spell-casters is a good idea. Currently we have just 3 priests of the Hand with names, we could expand this mechanics and randomly give names from a civ-specific list to the adepts/mages we build. I will have to find out how they do it, but it shouldn't be hard (i.e. look in the code of Foxford which renames the unit).

For the white hand units, they are named in python. The Foxford units, not sure... Either python or a promotion.

Issue with both of those is it is set, there's no variation. A better place to look is at the random name generator used to name Big Bads from lair exploration. You'd have to redo the names it can create, but once you have it working you'd have named casters who DON"T appear in order every game.

I've got the units and I've figured out which traits do I want for hobbits.
It's:
Natural farmers
+1 :food: on tiles with 4 :food:
+1 :commerce: from plantation
25% faster construction of Hobbits' Cellar, Hobbits' Market, Smokehouse, Deruptus Brewing House

Good-Hearted
+2 :)/City
All units recieve -1 Attack when outside of cultural borders

Or just adopt "Pacifist" trait to them from Elohim.

Maybe do hobbits somewhat unique in a way that they REALLY suck at fighting, but they get relationship bonuses with other leadets quite easily (as they aren't a threat to anyone etc.)?

The -1 Attack is a good start, but I really think it would be better lorewise if they actually couldn't fight well at all. At the same time they would need some other ways to be able to win, of course (or maybe even unique victory conditions like in Rhye's and Fall of Civilization?).

Top Bottom