Can't build third "SS thrusters"..

Zionel

Chieftain
Hi!

Been playing Civ since the first version was out in the stores and I really enjoy it. I don't have time to play very ofthen, so my progress in the game hasn't been the fastest, I'm still playing prince :mischief: Also, I'm quite new to Civ 4.

Been reading alot on the forum lately, and I've picked up alot of good strategies and advices that have helped me alot.

Enough about me, I got a problem, and I'd like some help to solve it.

It's quite late in the game, and was going for a space race victory. I had buildt everything, and when there was 1 turn left on the engine, I knew victory was mine. However, nothing happened, and I realized that I had only buildt 2 SS thrusters. So, i look through the build list, but i can't find it. Next i open the city to have a look, and it says I can't build it because "Team project = 0 left". I figured it was similar to the national wonders, and that there was a cap on how many of those i can build in each city, 1 or two perhaps, you guys prolly know. But, I can't build the last thruster in any of my cities, and I have 12 of them.

What do I need to do in order to get more "team projects"?

Also, if anyone can give me a link to a post that explains everything on how the UN works, that would be great, because I have no idea what happens whenever it's buildt. In Civ 3, it was a simple vote, then game over. Here I get to choose resolutions and stuff, i'm sure it's great once I know what everything means.

Something's wrong. There is no cap. Are you sure it wasn't being built in another city, just not finished? If it is being built, or has been built, the "team project" number goes down by one. This number indicates how many more you need to build. Can you upload a savegame?

Now, the UN.
The UN is built, and the player who builds it and the player with the highest population run for Secretary General. Each player has a different number of votes (meaning that their vote counts more or less) depending on their population. The Secretary General then decides what the next vote will be. The most commonly picked one is "World Leader". Then the players vote between the Secretary General and the highest population. In this vote, you need to have at least two thirds of the vote to win. If neither gets two thirds, it is a tie. Secretary General picks another vote. If a civic-based vote succeeds, all players adopt that civic, regardless of their technology. There are others, too, but I don't remember them. After a few turns, a new Secretary General is voted for. I'm not sure if the builder is guaranteed to be a candidate, though.

Thanks for replying. I have had a second look at all my cities, and all of them are producing research at the moment. I was doing this at the end because i needed 100% science to be sure i got all the techs needed to be the first to build the spaceship, and get futire techs for score.

The only thing I can think of, is a chrash i had on my computer around the time i was building the early parts, and I had to restart the computer and load one of the auto-saves. I don't know how the saving works, but perhaps the game knew i had buildt the first thruster, so the "team project" went down but since i reloaded i had never really completed the first one yet.

In the end it doesn't really matter that much, if there is no cap or there is nothing u need to do in order to get more team projects, it's obiously a bug. In my eyes i won the game, I just wanted the score on hall of fame.

I've started a new game and i'm pretty focused on that now, but again thanks for helping.

Sorry bout my english if I explain badly, but it's not my native language.

Thanks for replying. I have had a second look at all my cities, and all of them are producing research at the moment. I was doing this at the end because i needed 100% science to be sure i got all the techs needed to be the first to build the spaceship, and get futire techs for score.

The only thing I can think of, is a chrash i had on my computer around the time i was building the early parts, and I had to restart the computer and load one of the auto-saves. I don't know how the saving works, but perhaps the game knew i had buildt the first thruster, so the "team project" went down but since i reloaded i had never really completed the first one yet.

In the end it doesn't really matter that much, if there is no cap or there is nothing u need to do in order to get more team projects, it's obiously a bug. In my eyes i won the game, I just wanted the score on hall of fame.

I've started a new game and i'm pretty focused on that now, but again thanks for helping.

Sorry bout my english if I explain badly, but it's not my native language.

There are two things that could cause this.

1) It's in one of the building queues of your cities, possibly to be build after you stop building research. You can easily check this.

2) You're in a permanent alliance with someone and your teammate is building it in one of his/her cities.

Of course, it could also be a bug, but I've never heard of this bug.

1) It's in one of the building queues of your cities, possibly to be build after you stop building research. You can easily check this.

Haha, u were right, it was queued up in my main production city. Do not know how I made that happen, since i used that city to produce other parts, then switched back to research when there was nothing else to build.

It took me 1 turn to build it, and in that turn the UN was build, so it was a close win obiously.

Many thanks!

Top Bottom