[Religion and Revolution]: Contributions from Community

This is an interesting approach...I will think about it.
Thanks, however the values prob. need to be tuned down. If you do consider including this , I would suggest that the 25%-50% bonus should prob. be 15%-30% bonus. Similarly food, barley bonus should be +1, not +2 for farmer-like professions.

exception: ray will do it

I am sorry, but I won't. :(
Spoiler :

I already tried to explain my situation and my decision to you and the mod-modders.

However, I will still try to do give some feedback and advice, if it is desired / I am asked to.
Thus I will continue to read posts and private messages at the weekends.

I have mixed feelings on this. Sweden as it is is a very interesting gaming experience. 25% boost in lumber is huge from a gameplay perspective, simply because now you have a higher incentive to rush build buildings. It's an interesting nation to play as is.

I'm not sure. I think it definitely could be an interesting trait, but then probably as a leader trait instead of a civ trait. I would like to have the civ traits care about more major aspects of the game to form a main strategy, while the leader traits can be more specialized (expanding upon that main strategy).

And I think that an increase in production and the incentive to hurry buildings is relatively specialized, and as such more suitable for supporting a main strategy than for being such a strategy on its own. A little bit like the Industrious trait.

The point is, while it is strong enough on its own, it doesn't give the Swedish enough identity, which to me makes a nation less interesting to play.

Maybe you have a point of it being too imbalanced or ahistorical? :dunno:. As per Nightinggale's higher quality ore analysis, maybe you could also offer cheaper ore in Europe or a bonus in tools production? Or perhaps, less tools\blades needed to form pioneers, town guards and cuirassiers?

Well, there already are several traits that do similar things. I could make a trait that specifically cares about tools of course, but it would need to be different enough from these other traits, and apart from that, it should focus on a major aspect of the game like the other civ traits, something at least as major as population growth.

Maybe the answer lies in fusing some "production traits" like Administrative and Industrious together to form a civ trait that cares about building stuff (a major aspect), for which you need Hammers and Tools. Although I wouldn't like ditching Agricultural, it's one of the traits I like most.:dunno:

Guys, while I really like to see you discuss your modmods and ideas, I must point out the following:

This thread was intended so people from community can share their work with others.
So it is supposed to be a collection of downloads so people can easily find them.

Having pages of discussions about one single modmod will not help that.
Short comments or bug reports are fine, but otherwise I would really come back to this:

3. Please use this thread only for sharing your work or commenting on work shared or reporting a problem with that work.
(If you want to discuss your wishes, plans and ideas, please create a separate thread in Civ4Col - Creation & Customization.)

This is simply not a mod(mod) discussion or planning thread.

Thanks. :)

TAXES AND NAVIGATION 2

Requirements
Release 2.2 of the Religion and Revolution mod.

Description

Trade
This modmod included a new "maximum limit of imports" spinner in the imports\exports popup in the City. Setting a value for this will prevent your importing cities from overflowing with goods beyond this amount, which used to happen with the native version.
You will still be able to perform import\export of a good in the city, provided you give a sufficiently high "import limit". This change integrates with the existing trade system of R&R.
This also modifies the city screen on clicking the Exports button to show only goods that are being produced or imported in the city. Previously, the import and export screens were identical. This will help save time it takes for you to locate a yield since we are now showing only the relevant ones. The Imports button works as usual, except for the addition of a the "maximum limit" input and a slight layout edit.

This modmod also contains some small bug-fixes and optimizations of the trade system.

Version 1 Changes: (part of R&R from Release 2.2 onwards)
Taxes and Navigation 1.2 for R&R
Spoiler :

Taxes
-----------------------

This is a modmod that alters the way the tax rate increase calculation is performed. This mod places emphasis on the value of yields to faciltate a more balanced export strategy instead of the "export high-value goods only" strategy which was optimal in the R&R mod. Previously, the increase ceiling calculation was done on the volume of yields bought\sold without concern to the value of the goods, thereby punishing players who exported raw materials a bit more via tax increases. I wanted to correct this in order to make the game more historically correct.
Buying goods also contributes only 50% towards tax increases as selling, thereby increasing your incentive to do more bilateral trade.

Navigation
-----------------------
I've included the idea of sectors in the goto map in the port screens. This will allow you to sail to a certain latitude in either the east\west coast. This was mostly born out of the need to not have "dummy colonies" in order to make ships sail to some regions in the Ocean directly. There are now 6 new sectors or geographical zones on each side of the map:
Northern Frigid (Arctic)
Norther Temperate
Northen Tropic
Southern Tropic
Southern Temperate
Southern Frigid (Antarctic)

You will of course have to explore atleast one tile with access to europe in each of the regions to unlock going to that region. The sector can be selected by clicking "Sail to the new world" button on your transport and hovering over the edge of the map in the corresponding region. You will still be able to access the general goto as the native R&R version by going away from the edge.
Version 1.2 updates this feature, so your units will no longer spawn in the middle of the "deep sea", unless you've not discovered a border-to-europe tile in that sector.

This modmod will also feature a "Go to africa\port royal" on clicking the Goto menu list for a unit (or "G" as a shortcut). Thanks to raystuttgart for the suggestion.

Upcoming modmod version:
Trilateral navigation between Europe->Port Royal->Africa

Please find the downloads in the home of this modmod here.

Hope you enjoy it,
vetiarvind

Attachments

• civ col 2.jpg
    civ col 2.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 205
May I propose creating a thread for TAXES AND NAVIGATION and link to it from here.

I'm sure I will have something to say once I have taken a closer look. For now I do have one comment. Since you moved the spinbutton to the second row, the first how gained more space and there is now room for adding text to the feeder button. I know it's a minor detail, but it was the first thing I spotted when looking at the screenshot. Also I would like to say that at first I thought why use two rows for each yield. However thinking a bit I would say that it is actually a good idea because it mean gaining the space you need while still using well tested (possibly vanilla) code.

I will review the code in details later. Partly because I'm interesting in how you solved certain issues, but also as quality check. One suboptimal piece of code I noticed so far is that you send two network packages with import/export is modified even though only one is needed. That will increase bandwidth usage and lag. It does work and it will not cause desyncs (at least I don't think so) meaning it is a detail, which is the difference between good and great. I checked right away because it would be a candidate for introducing desyncs.

Special thanks to Nightinggale for his previous work on the Imports feeder and to the community for discussing this idea.
Yeah I got credited for coding even though I didn't actually touch the code in your mod. Looks like my code has taken a life of it's own to give me credit :king:

TAXES AND NAVIGATION 2

Requirements
Release 2.1 of the Religion and Revolution mod.

Hope you enjoy it,
vetiarvind

I have played a while using this mod and to me it feels like taxchanges becomes very frequent when they start coming. Not that good a programmer so i am not certain but i have looked through the dll-sourses and found something i find a bit strange.
Look at changeTaxRate function in cvplayer. It looks like this get called sooner or later every time the tax gets increased. And it reset the yieldscount for reaching the taxincreaselimit. But you have start using another variable for checking if the limit gets reached, and this one isn't reset. Or am i wrong?

I have played a while using this mod and to me it feels like taxchanges becomes very frequent when they start coming. Not that good a programmer so i am not certain but i have looked through the dll-sourses and found something i find a bit strange.
Look at changeTaxRate function in cvplayer. It looks like this get called sooner or later every time the tax gets increased. And it reset the yieldscount for reaching the taxincreaselimit. But you have start using another variable for checking if the limit gets reached, and this one isn't reset. Or am i wrong?

I get this issue as well. I am in 1537, playing Van Der Donck (who has the Charismatic trait), and have had four tax increases already, the last two of which happened just three turns apart.

Maybe ADHansa is right, and the tax increase limit is not reset.:dunno:

You are absolutely right. :thumbsup: I failed to notice this in my test-game as I was very compliant to tax hike requests and hit a max-rate of 35%.
There are a couple of places (one diplo event) that this has been missed.

Fixed. Please refer here:

I will be adding four new native nations to my modmod soon (I will publish them after RaR2.2 gets out).

This is what they are going to look like:

All units of the new nations. From back to front: Haida, Timucua, Ohlone, Dene:
Spoiler :

A close up of the Haida units, of which I'm especially proud (the Haida are a very interesting native people):
Spoiler :

Koyah, leader of the Haida:
Spoiler :

Saturiwa, leader of the Timucua:
Spoiler :

Xigmacse, leader of the Ohlone:
Spoiler :

Thanadelthur, leader of the Dene (not very content with this leaderhead, I hope I will find a better one):
Spoiler :

What the foreign advisor would look like if everyone knew each other:
Spoiler :

A little change to the Domestic Advisor (F1) - Local demand display :)

Now you get the information about the quantity of yields stored in the cities and a color-coded display of stock and demand in each city.

Spoiler :

From left to right:
1) Porto Bello has 0 Cocoa in stock, the demand is 2 (unsatisfied), the price in Porto Bello is 13
2) Porto Bello has 19 Cigars in stock, the demand is 3 (satisfied), the price in Porto Bello is 13
3) Porto Bello has 1 Salt in stock (insufficient), the demand is 4 (unsatisfied), the price in Porto Bello is 30

Please be sure to make a copy of the original file first!
Load the archive, unpack the file and put it into "your modfolder"/Assets/Python/Screens.

Attachments

• local_demand_prices_stock.jpg
    local_demand_prices_stock.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 426
  • CvDomesticAdvisor.7z
    10 KB · Views: 204
File attached to above posting :blush:

Top Bottom