Botwawki 2.6

Hardy Reclamation Committee
Spoiler :

Leader: Doctor Mira Verner (Scientific)
Faction Trait: Expansionist
Capital: Hardytown (Hardeeville, SC; Pre-war Community)
Structures: Farming Equipment (3), Water Pump/Purifier, Jail
Population: 740
Slaves: 0
Education: General
Food: 2,430 (+1,500)
Water: 830 (+800)
Energy: 0 (+0)
Tech Parts: 55
Scrap Parts: 680
Ammunition: 1,010
Military Equipment: 100 1-H Guns, 50 2-H Guns, 10 Heavy Weapons
Robots: None
Military Skill: 3

Spoiler Doctor’s Challenge :

A large group of what could only be called barbarians have arrived at our doorstep and besieged our people! They speak very poor English and their spokesperson apparently has demanded that we turn over the last bunch of immigrants that arrived in Hardytown, consisting of ten people. We are unclear as to what reason they have, beyond possibly a religious reason or perhaps an offense against the tribe. The group of ten has begged us to remain within our town, but if we allow them, we could face an attack upon us by the barbarians. We are running out of time, how do we respond to this crisis?

Spoiler Doctor’s Solution :

Talk to the former feral children, and ask if any would be willing to volunteer for a job that only they could do, due to their unique skills. The children should know that their skills are not something to be ashamed of, assuming they can control them. During the night, the willing children would slip among the barbarian ranks and assassinate any targets that look important and are vulnerable, killing as many as possible until detected. Once the army has been riled, soldiers will pound it with heavy weapons and rifle fire. Reclamation soldiers will pull back to the town defenses once the barbarians seem to be rallied, and hold them there. With any luck, they'll be broken before then.

Reclamation citizens will not be threatened.

Spoiler Orders :

-Construct pumping/purifying station for 300 scrap, 8 tech.

-Assuming Hardytown isn't razed by the barbarians, another 100 strong expedition (70 1-H, 25 2-H, 5 HW) will scavenge in Savannah.

@thomas.berubeg: I think you misunderstand about the hacking. To hack a robot you have to actually be within arms’ reach and work on it from behind. That’s how it works in Fallout, that’s how it works here. There is no device that can hack it from a distance. Sadly, there’s no wireless internet in the world of Fallout.

I would disagree. There are numerous instances in game where affecting a central location would change the behavior of robots, indicating some form of wireless network. Examples of these include:

M.A.R.Go.T., President John Henry Eden, Hell, every time you hack a security computer, some form of wireless network updates the robots on changed priorities.

Edit:
Also, I can't find this in my stats.
+400 2-H Guns from enigmatic find

The guns were put into your base stats. I believe it is 200 guns short though, remember you did lose a few.

In a few cases, the robots are initially connected to a container of sorts, so it's possible that a wired relay transmitted the signals to the container, which then reprogrammed the robot in question. In the case of John Henry Eden, even if you don't reprogram the President yourself, the robots aid you, meaning that it's possible the orders to protect you from Enclave soldiers was transmitted prior to the events we actually see in the game. Whenever a computer is used to "hack" a robot, usually it involves transmitting new orders to it, not reprogramming it completely. Look at FISTO for example. When you hack a robot in the field, you deactivate it, and various logs among people who rebuilt robots in both 3 and New Vegas seem to indicate something along the lines of rebuilding robots from scratch by hand, rather than reprogramming them wirelessly. Of course when it comes to actual hacking in either game, you need to be one heck of an expert personally, and there's no easy device to do it from afar that's just point and click. So that's why I'm going with the standard practice of actually having to sneak up on a robot, and in this case, your special device makes it easier to hack once you have achieved that. Admittedly, that requires bypassing gatling lasers and missiles, and usually other hazards too.

New Vegas Securitrons seemed to be wirelessly linked to Mr. House's mainframe somehow.

I'm not sure what to make of the Securitrons and Mr. House's system, although we can infer that whatever he was using was likely far in advance of the technology widely available prior to the war outside of military hands. Also, it seems to degrade with distance somehow, as he was apparently only able to send "suggestions" and emergency shutdowns to Victor as far as Goodsprings or Novac. While we do have the software upgrade to the Securitron army take place, we don't know for sure how that was conducted or even how it worked in the first place. Sidetracking aside, we still don't really know exactly how they operated, but the fact is that wireless systems do not seem to have been the norm when it comes to robotics, and Mr. House may be a sole exception to the rule.

Maritime Collective:
Spoiler :
Leader: Mayor Aerwyna Beckett (Scavenger)
Faction Trait: Industrious
Capital: Pensacola, FL (Urban Ruin)
Structures: Pumping/Purifying Water Station, Fortifications (4), Ammunition Convertor, Jail, Radio Tower, Market, School
Population: 430
Food: 840 (+300)
Water: 1,540 (+400)
Tech Parts: 25
Scrap Parts: 1,000
Ammunition: 0
Fuel: 199
Military Equipment: 545 Low-Tech Melee Weapons, 25 High-Tech Melee Weapons, 50 Plasma Weapons, 1 IFV, 1 Small Boat
Robots: 7 Mr. Gutsys
Military Skill: 8

Mayor’s Solution:
Spoiler :
It was decided that future generations will learn about the knowledge of the world before the Great War.

Build Orders:
Spoiler :
1 Water Pumping and Purifying Station 300 Scrap Parts, 8 Tech Parts
1 Hydroponics Farm 50 Scrap Parts, 2 Tech Parts
1 Fortification (Ditch will be made to help slow our attackers)
Any scrape left over is use to make ammo

Salvage Orders:
Spoiler :
Boat with 35 Low-Tech Melee Weapons head Pace, FL

Once again, orders to be due by Wednesday.

My order may be a tad brief this week. I forgot to copy my notes to something portable when I send my laptop to be cleaned. But, they will be in.

Mayor's Orders for Waycross for Update 25: January – June, 2252

Mayor's Inventory of Waycross
Spoiler :

Waycross: theDright
Leader: Mayor William Archer (Fearsome)
Faction Trait: Barbaric
Capital: Waycross (Waycross, GA; Pre-War Community)
Structures: None
Population: 650
Education: Oral
Food: 1,950 (+500)
Water: 1,950 (+500)
Tech Parts: 28
Scrap Parts: 400
Ammunition: 630
Military Equipment: 350 Low-Tech Melee Weapons, 90 1-H Guns, 25 2-H Guns
Military Skill: 6

Mayor's Challenge
Spoiler :

Two apparently crazy people have been causing unfortunate collateral damage outside of the town wall. They appear to dress as pre-war comic superheroes and wage battles against each other, never really triumphing over one another. One has been using an army of robots and the other has been using a group of angry Brahmin to fight. Our people are fed up of this continuing and ridiculous drama. How do we bring this conflict to an end?

Mayor's Challenge Solution
Spoiler :

Send out agents to determine what the motivations are of each party. If they have friendly intentions toward our town, attempt to befriend them. If either of them has hostile intentions toward our town, try to ally with the other one to combat the hostile one. If they are both hostile, we will use the full might of our military to kill or capture them both. Any robots or brahmin that can be domesticated with no trouble afterward will be.

Orders
Spoiler :

Our military will be fully outfitted and used, if necessary, to end the "superheroes" fighting outside the town. Once the superheroes have been either made friendly or defeated, we can send 70 with Low-Tech Melee Weapons, 15 with 1-H Guns, and 5 with 2-H Guns north on 84 toward Jesup to scout and salvage the city as well as along the way, returning if significant resistance is encountered or Jesup is inhabited by friendlies. Once the superheroes have been either made friendly or defeated, also send 70 with Low-Tech Melee Weapons, 15 with 1-H Guns, and 5 with 2-H Guns, south on 84 to Homerville, then north on 441 to Pearson, and then east on 82 home to scout and salvage the cities as well as along the way, returning if significant resistance is encountered or they are inhabited by friendlies.

So yeah, my orders will either be in in full tomorrow night, or extremely brief order will be in Weds morning.

Spoiler Sunshine Kingdom :

Leader: Queen Jayne Bede (Enigmatic)
Faction Trait: Tech Savvy
Capital: Nasacity (Titusville, FL; Settlement)
Structures: Pumping/Purification Water Station (2), Farming Equipment (3), Radio Tower, Fortifications, Ammo Convertor, Recycling Facility, Market, Energy Reactor, Automated Defense System, Airfield, Hydroponics Farm (2), Advanced Gunsmith, Jail
Population: 375
Total Population: 2,830
Education: Applied Science
Food: 5,960 (+3,120)
Water: 6,070 (+3,290)
Energy: 6
Tech Parts: 24
Scrap Parts: 780
Ammunition: 775, 3 Mini-Nukes
Military Equipment: 154 Low-Tech Melee Weapons, 1 High-Tech Melee Weapons, 65 1-H Guns, 263 2-H Guns, 126 Laser Weapons, 3 Plasma Weapons, 22 Heavy Weapons, 1 Fat Man, 26 Power Armor Suits, 2 Rafts
Military Skill: 11
Outposts:
Spoiler :

Dragonville (Orange County Courthouse, Orlando, FL; Urban Ruin)
-Population: 420
-Structures: Fortifications
-Arsenal: 310 Low-Tech Melee Weapons, 200 1-H Guns, 5 2-H Guns, 60 Laser Weapons, 5 Heavy Weapons, 5 Protectrons
Mims (Mims, FL; Settlement): +470 Food, +240 Water
-Population: 285
-Structures: Farming Equipment (3), Fortifications, Pumping/Purifier Water Station
-Arsenal: 194 Low-Tech Melee Weapons, 65 1-H Guns, 63 2-H Guns, 6 Laser Weapons, 3 Plasma Weapons
New Fort Cocoa (Cocoa Beach, FL; Settlement): +350 Food, +900 Water
-Population: 410
-Structures: Farming Equipment (2), Water Pump/Purifier (2)
-Arsenal: 194 Low-Tech Melee Weapons, 3 High-Tech Melee Weapons, 65 1-H Guns, 126 2-H Guns, 6 Laser Weapons, 3 Plasma Weapons, 5 Heavy Weapons
New Smyrna Beach (Settlement): +1,200, +750
-Population: 750
-Structures: Fortifications (4), Water Pump and Purifier, Farming Equipment (2), Water Purifier
-Arsenal: 195 Low-Tech Melee Weapons, 3 High-Tech Melee Weapons, 65 1-H Guns, 63 2-H Guns, 3 Plasma Weapons, 5 Heavy Weapons
Oak Hill (Oak Hill, FL; Settlement): +400 Food
-Population: 480
-Structures: Farming Equipment
-Arsenal: 294 Low-Tech Melee Weapons, 165 1-H Guns, 6 Laser Weapons, 3 Plasma Weapons, 1 Power Armor Suit, 5 Protectrons

Spoiler Queen’s Challenge: :
With so many lost in the recent debacle to Miami, quite a few people have begun to turn their anger towards the government. Riots seem particularly likely in Oak Hill and New Smyrna Beach, the two cities which lost the most friends and family in the expedition. They are outraged at the government’s failure, and most rage has been turned against the Queen and her family. There is a severe risk of this spiraling out of control, perhaps even to open rebellion and succession by those two towns. How do we respond to this crisis?

Spoiler Queen’s Solution :

The Queen has, over the past years, been deeply moved by the tragic loss of life to the dangers of the wasteland. While she has always tried to do nothing but good, the realities are that a number of the projects and expeditions she approved have ended up causing disaster for the kingdom. As such, Queen Jayne Bede has decided to step back from the throne and dedicate the rest of her life to good work, charity, and quiet contemplation, perhaps joining the congregation at Oak Hill. She will continue to serve the community, but no longer as it’s leader.
As per the Constitution of the Sunshine Kingdom, the Two houses of Congress will chose a new Monarch, from the eligible Bedes:
Stephanie Bede (f)(23), Jessica Bede (f)(19), Samuel Bede (m)(17), Usnavy Bede (m)(17)

Spoiler Orders: :

Continue to offer rewards for volunteers to attempt to hack the sentry bots.

Build 6 Mr. Handy robots for 6 energy and 18 tech parts. They are to immediately assist in the scavenging operations around Dragonville, attempting to radically increase our scrap production. Put out on the radio that we are willing to buy tech parts. Continue to scrap the Ruins of Orlando, looking for useful material. If we gather enough Scrap and TEch parts, build an institute.

Concentrate on making life at home a good thing, turn away from large outside operations and expeditions, as they’ve done nothing but hurt us. Redistribute the newly gathered guns to all the settlements.

Governor’s Challenge: The governor is concerned that a PipBoy bobble head has begun talking to him. Should he follow the deranged commands of this figurine or seek out psychological help?

Greetings False Overseer! It would be super swell if you could stop pretending you don't here me!

Booker T. Ryan looked up from his desk. The bobble-head had turned around again. He had checked before he sat down. It had been facing away. Now the little bobble head was moving up and down slightly, facing him. The little toy had been uttering gibberish before now, with occasional phrases regarding kings and hounds and unimaginable horrors. But mostly it was gibberish. This was the first time he had said something coherent, and to Ryan directly.

"What do you want, you little devil? What do you gain by pestering me incessantly?"

Those sure are good questions, False Overseer! You don't have to worry about me, no sir! I'm just keen on doing my civic duty and making sure my voice is heard! It'd be swell if I could have your ear for a few minutes.

"Well, you have my attention. Say your piece and then leave me to mine."

Indulge the toy for a moment, Booker figured. He'd heard about stranger things out in the wastes.

Gee whiz, False Overseer! Thanks for giving me a chance to tell you what to change! I'm on cloud nine! Let me tell ya, the two bit act you have going on here in the vault is completely infested with cooties! You need to cool it. You've got it made in the shade here, and sending your gang out to Nowheresville just rattles my cage, gosh darn it! This vault has a mission and you've totally shot it down. President Eden is going to think you're a total spaz! And you are, because you're not a Real Overseer! Play it safe and stay home and maybe your won't get roughed up by President Eden's Army. What happens when the all american MVP, Mr. Gutsy, shows up and gives you a knuckle sandwich? I know some cool cats that will turn you and your gang into machines, but they're a little on the Red side, if you catch my drift...

At this point, Ryan stood up and walked over to the bobble head.

Hey! What are you doing, False Overseer?!? Put me down! Heed me! I am your guide! I am your master! I WILL STALK YOUR SOUL AND HAUNT YOUR DREAMS!!!!

Ryan used some extra papers lying around and muffled the bobble head. The voice became muffled. Booker thought to himself that he needed to relax a bit more and that one of the best ways to relax is to go the shooting range. After that, maybe he'd convince himself that it was just a dream and laugh about it over a drink or two.

Survivalist Union:
Spoiler :
Leader: Headman Julie Keyes (Charismatic)
Faction Trait: Defensive
Capital: Liberty City (Indian Rivers Estates, Port St. Lucie, FL; Pre-War Community)
Structures: Farming Equipment (3), Water Purifier, Jail, Market, Radio Tower, Fortifications
Population: 860
Total Population: 1,070
Food: 2,540 (+1,360)
Water: 2,880 (+1,400)
Tech Parts: 10
Scrap Parts: 1,100
Ammunition: 2,250
Military Equipment: 40 Low-Tech Melee Weapons, 55 1-H Guns, 50 2-H Guns, 15 Laser Weapons, 1 Power Armor Suit
Military Skill: 6
Outposts:
Spoiler:

Indian’s Hideout (Indian River State College, Fort Pierce, FL): +280 Food, +500 Water
-Population: 210
-Structures: Forge, Farming Equipment, Water Pump/Purifier
-Arsenal: 50 Low-Tech Melee Weapons, 30 1-H Guns, 20 2-H Guns

Headman’s Challenge solution:
Spoiler :
This was a tragedy, and I do hold responsibility for authorizing it. However, I am equally saddened by the promise of violence against our government. We shall do the logical and fair thing; hold an election. The following six months will be used to nominate oneself for the position of Headman, and then campaign. I myself will re-run, as I do not feel that this one mistake overshadows the rest of our history, but of course, anyone who wished may run. The voting period itself will be held on the first through to the fifth of August, 2252.

As well, we will hold a day of morning on February the 11.

Orders:
Spoiler :
Scavenging/Military
In the meanwhile, we will concentrate on the work in the area of Port St. Lucie. My plan is for more self-sufficient settlement, so we will need more scrap.

We will continue last cycles work, with 50 soldiers guarding the area, with 20 2-H and 30-1 H guns. This team will also 120 personnel with not state-issued weapons, and their safety will be priority to the armed team. Work a thoroughly as is safe on collecting for Port St. Lucie and the surrounding areas to deposit in the depot site.

Starting work on the update now.

Me too.

Empire of America:
Spoiler :
Empire of America: christos200
Leader: Emperor Felix V Jackson (Fearsome)
Faction Trait: Barbaric
Capital: Marion Emergency Bunker (Bunker; Marion, AL)
Structures: None
Population: 410
Education: Oral
Food: 1,190 (+0)
Water: 1,190 (+0)
Tech Parts: 10
Scrap Parts: 400
Ammunition: 2,660
Military Equipment: 350 Low-Tech Melee Weapons, 50 High-Tech Melee Weapons, 20 1-H Guns, 400 Laser Weapons, 50 Power Armor Suits
Military Skill: 8

Emperor’s Challenge:
Spoiler :
All people who want to migrate into our group shall be accepted as long as they accept the Emperor as their absolute ruler. Those who oppose the migration shall be told that the new citizens will make the search for water and food easier, as more soldiers can be send for exploration. So, if they want to survive, they have to accept the migrants.

Orders:
Spoiler :
100 soldiers, equipped with 100 Laser Weapons and 100 Low-Tech Melee Weapons, shall explore Uniontown, Alabama and search for scraps and if they find a settlement, they shall conquer it. If they are attacked, they are to fight it out unless victory becomes impossible and they shall orderly retreat.

Building Orders:
Spoiler :
None.

Top Bottom