Why won't it let me start a mission on this island?

This is going to sound wierd to you, but their profession is "Colonist". You'll have to return them to your city and change their profession to "Missionary".

Wierd, yes I know. :)

I think it happened to everyone of us at least once...
They should have made the graphics show somehow that the dudes have no profession :(

Btw. Why would you want to misison that island in the first place ? I mean you will have to send a ship to pick up the converts every time... And Fishermen / Ore Miner are not that special...

I think it happened to everyone of us at least once...
They should have made the graphics show somehow that the dudes have no profession :(

Btw. Why would you want to misison that island in the first place ? I mean you will have to send a ship to pick up the converts every time... And Fishermen / Ore Miner are not that special...

doh thanks!

Well my major city is 2 moves away, so much easier to pick them up with a ship than wait 6-10 turns of them moving by themselves over land.

Well my major city is 2 moves away, so much easier to pick them up with a ship than wait 6-10 turns of them moving by themselves over land.
hmmm... sounds reasonable.

Turn off "Unit Action Recomendation"

Why would you want to misison that island in the first place ? I mean you will have to send a ship to pick up the converts every time... And Fishermen / Ore Miner are not that special...

If I remember correctly (but I may be mistaken with old Col I), the converted natives you get from missions are not specialized. Only the colonists you send there to learn something are... Unless you imply that you make your converted natives learn the skill of the village where they were converted.

You have to equip them as missionaries specifically. What happens is they get a whole bunch of junk and put it in a box and then put a colourful pamphlet about God in with it. Then they give these to the children of the tribe:
http://www.samaritanspurse.org/

you make your converted natives learn the skill of the village where they were converted.
Seems like the right thing to do for me.
Unless you specifically need Untrained Natives

Did changing them to the missionary profession work? I remember having this problem once, and I think I had to found a colony before I could start establishing missions on the same landmass.

Did changing them to the missionary profession work? I remember having this problem once, and I think I had to found a colony before I could start establishing missions on the same landmass.

yes once I changed them to missionaries I was able to convert both villages.

Top Bottom