Help. Enemy fighter gets destroyed when I attack w/ my fighter.

Lonkut

..--""--..
I don't understand, all I did was give fighter the go to abilty gave it 3 move points and took away its imobile ability. When I attack the enemy's fighter the enemy's fighter gets destroyed without my fighter even firing. Can anybody tell me what I am doing wrong?

Any air unit that falls under attack from another unit is killed. It's as if they're caught on the landing strip. They're like artillery in that regard. Their defense only comes into play when fighting off interception I believe.

Yeah... I remember when I was playing the WWII Pacific scenario. I was playing as the Americans and managed to hold onto the Philippines through the whole game, and every time I'd send like four or five fighters to Davao (is that the name?) the southernmost Philippine city to "soften up" southern China and Indochina.... and every turn, they would bomb the city... and then I'd start my turn ready to fight with my four or five new fighters only to discover I now had ZERO new fighters! I nearly had a seizure...

Dom Pedro II said:
Yeah... I remember when I was playing the WWII Pacific scenario. I was playing as the Americans and managed to hold onto the Philippines through the whole game, and every time I'd send like four or five fighters to Davao (is that the name?) the southernmost Philippine city to "soften up" southern China and Indochina.... and every turn, they would bomb the city... and then I'd start my turn ready to fight with my four or five new fighters only to discover I now had ZERO new fighters! I nearly had a seizure...

That is really irritating...but a good way round it its to edit the fighters to have two movement points. that way you can rebase them...and then set them to air superiority on the same turn....it at least gives them a chance to get off the ground and maybe fight back or even rebase and then conduct their own bombing run.

The way i see it is that in WWII the planes had a fairly quick turn around time..especially the american air force in the pacific and us brits had it down to a fine art during the battle of britain...no sooner were were refuled than we were off again. :goodjob:

Hunter Noventa said:
Any air unit that falls under attack from another unit is killed. It's as if they're caught on the landing strip. They're like artillery in that regard. Their defense only comes into play when fighting off interception I believe.
an air unit can't directly defend itself.
however, by giving air units movement value and taking of immobile, the unit can move across land and water, and can also attack other land/sea units. When attacking, normal combat is calculated, which means your air unit may be damaged (even a spearmen can hit back apparently).
i found this out when testing unit abilities...

You have to change the "Operational Radius" value for added range.

Top Bottom